Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You will see Surrey kids allover the lower mainland. In my opinion that is fine. As you see Edmonton in NALS and two other clubs to joing next year from Canada. There is going to be many places to go for good players. This will also send a sighn to local clubs. There is no free spots. Each player will have to earn the spot on the team. Also local kids will be able to see better level game.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed , i suppose if a parent is willing to travel to get his kid into a HPL team then thats fine.
I predict alot of Surrey based players making it onto different HPL teams.

I agree with this completely. If kids really want to be in the league and are cut from their nearest HPL club they will have to drive, otherwise play second tier and are left to their own devices/luck re: scholarships etc.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You will see Surrey kids allover the lower mainland. In my opinion that is fine. As you see Edmonton in NALS and two other clubs to joing next year from Canada. There is going to be many places to go for good players. This will also send a sighn to local clubs. There is no free spots. Each player will have to earn the spot on the team. Also local kids will be able to see better level game.

What are the other two teams? Ottawa and Hamilton? Highlanders are joining USL Pro, so if you were thinking of them that is a different league again is it not? Or are NASL and USL Pro still joined like last year?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two teams are Ottawa and Calgary group. Both very serious groups. Hamilton is split on it. Halifax has a meeting in March. A big guy is stepping forward to run the club. As you all know you need 1 Mill for a start. Back to HPL. On twenty second of this month things will be more clear. What you see is clubs wishing to be part of it. Then they have to form operating board and then the try outs.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm, haven't heard of a Calgary group but as soon as FC Edmonton came to be you knew Calgary would follow. Edmonton is building a stadium. Calgary would also have to.

22nd is application deadline. The clubs aren't being announced until February.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
can't have boundaries, at least not if you're wanting the best of the best to be making up the league. Some kids will have to travel yes but the alternative, for example, you may have a very super talented ( "stacked" ) team in Surrey and four top notch players who didn't quite make the cut there, and another team elsewhere where their bottom four could / should be bumped by the likes of the four from Surrey.

Sounds tough but, IF the goal is to have the best of the best, it has to be this way no?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ottwa is my bet. Halifax is ?? might need bit more time. Calgary is trying. One US side put a bid before them. It remains to be seen. Local HPL clubs are getting technical guys. I just see this as a coastly over run. Paid head coach to over look is all we need. To have a second guy to tell the first guy what to do is useless to me. At twice the coast. Soccer orinted secretery is more needed. Head coach can deal with the rest. Four destrict reps should sit in on all the coaching jobs and on selection of the youth. To make sure that poor kids with high standerd get in.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two teams are Ottawa and Calgary group. Both very serious groups. Hamilton is split on it. Halifax has a meeting in March. A big guy is stepping forward to run the club. As you all know you need 1 Mill for a start. Back to HPL. On twenty second of this month things will be more clear. What you see is clubs wishing to be part of it. Then they have to form operating board and then the try outs.

Are Ottawa, Edmonton , Calgary + Halifax trying to join the HPL or are u guys trying to take some attention/pressure away from the HPL by going off-topic lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bet Mr Base has a high up position [HIGHLY PAID] in the HPL

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie they are trying to get in. It takeks time to set it all. We will see one in I am not sure if we will second one or both fallowing year.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just on the Central City web page. They are applying to change the name to Central City Breakers and officially add adult programs. So this must be a link-up with Surrey Breakers in the same way Semiahmoo has linked with Peace Arch to form South Fraser SC. Wanna start taking bets on how long it will take such clubs as;

1. Central City
2. Langley Utd
3. West Van (the merging of those 4 WV clubs)
4. Nanaimo/UVI/Highlanders
5. TSS??
6. Club that applied for HPL originally that was denied (I assume South Fraser)
7. Club that applied for HPL originally that was denied (I assume North Fraser)
8. Delta, Burnaby, Okanagan (one of)

..apply for entry into an HPL2 league arrangement, replace an incumbent HPL team, or if denied HPL breakaway and form their own league with or without the support of BC Soccer/Whitecaps???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What purpose would a breakaway league possibly serve other than to abolish the current district boundary rules they would be under?

Simple solution would be to blow up the districts as they are because to me, the districts only added an extra layer of bureaucratic bullshite to youth soccer in the first place.

islandsoccer

Jan 13, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just on the Central City web page. They are applying to change the name to Central City Breakers and officially add adult programs. So this must be a link-up with Surrey Breakers in the same way Semiahmoo has linked with Peace Arch to form South Fraser SC. Wanna start taking bets on how long it will take such clubs as;

4. Nanaimo/UVI/Highlanders

aligning the Highlanders with Nanaimo/UVI is an interesting idea, unlikely at present IMHO as Highlanders are drawing primary from Lower island youth for their academy.
Speaking of which they have a Brit-Trip lined up:

Victoria Highlanders FC

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
HPL is eliminating district boundaries isn't it? I am suggesting these clubs, that are good clubs and try to be progressive, might become disillusioned and get together.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I read about that trip. HFC are in trouble if those teams put out their first choice u18's! Yikes. They are really reaching there. These are kids that have been training with top level professionals, many with the first team. Good for HFC for giving these kids the chance. But to call it a "coup." ???

Well, I can't see HFC aligning with UVI, but rather a one or the other situation. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HPL is eliminating district boundaries isn't it? I am suggesting these clubs, that are good clubs and try to be progressive, might become disillusioned and get together.
Yes it is. But my question still stands: what purpose would a breakaway league by these clubs serve?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
^Sorry, forgot to really answer. That would depend on how the league they would create would advertise itself and how it would fulfill the reality of such an advertisement, whatever that is. If they are going out stating "best development league" they will have to have a way of actively assuring the kids are getting scholarships, professional tryouts/assessments, etc etc...if they are saying "an open market to provide an alternative to HPL" then how they will attract players will probably depend on the standards the league sets for itself (coaches, facilities etc etc). Right now HPL has it right by having playing, coaching, facility, and adult program standards, as well as a discussed regional championship with WA and OR. Maybe it is such a breakaway league could form a second-tier regional cup, that you know second-tier American clubs would love.

Anyway....just throwing it out there that some teams that want to progress in the best interest of its members might become frustrated if denied HPL involvement....and if there is enough interest you can be sure a strong academy like TSS would be involved if it broke-away from BCSA...unless BCSA begins allowing academies entry into various leagues other than PCSL/S20 etc.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see no reason for BC Soccer to let Acedamies clubs in. They are all fighting for the same few players. All those kids play on clubs. Onley Clubs will get a chance. Academies is a profit organization. They can do their own thing. In my opinion onley kids that fallow BC Soccer umbrella shoud be part of Provincial program and part of National pool. We can not have splinter groups all over the BC and call it BC program.
Under one umbrella and every one will be happy. Senior clubs see ptential to make a bigger club. Colect membership money. In my opiniomn again youth has to be away from the seniors. Only after U 18 is when they get the kids. Teams will start folding in U17 and 18, kids will go on permits to play for seniors. Injuries are going to run away. Youth needs time to develop. It would become a jumbus. Go slow and do it right. Running fast will speen it out of control. A,B and C cup must remain the same. HPL play for HPL cup, first place over all takes the cup or top select team jumps up and plays in the cup.

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's wrong with having academy clubs, for profit, that are cradle-to-grave? How would that be a bad thing? Potentially higher quality coaches, professionally run,tiered teams, etc. We keep complaining that Canada is falling behind. In the states you can find academy clubs that cost anywhere from $5K-25K a year. So what do we want? Do we want to compete or do we want to just stay the same? Maybe the problem with Canadian soccer is that it's not for profit. Maybe we should have rec soccer at the club level and elite soccer at the academy club level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0