Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cool_Beans Soccer acadamies are fine. It is good way to develop the skill. Parent pays and child improves. BC Soccer is a board for all in BC. HPL is only for 160 kids per club. That is around 1040 kids. We have around 60 70 thousand kids playing in BC. It is good to have an HPL for top level kids. These kids came from house program ( clubs) Later they go to both Soccer Acadamies and to Select program. Now why would one give a chance to Acadamies before the club program. It is all about all the kids. Not about few at the top. National coaches come over and watch Acadamy kids and Select kids. They very seldom take a BC player due to coaches comming from Ontario. They take kids who they trust. Only girl program so far takes the best players. That is the reason of mens loosing at National level. Lats of them are all about them selves and not about National pride. AS one must have to ware that shirt. At the end of the day you will see. ABBI ,Metro Ford, Surrey United,Island ,Interior,Burnaby North Shore, Richmond Vancouver last sopt take your pick from the rest of them that submited a form. Clubs must be United.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the article by The Province. Fairly well written factually - doesn't necessarily explore the "downside" though. Anyway, positive HPL articles are a good thing.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cool_Beans Soccer acadamies are fine. It is good way to develop the skill. Parent pays and child improves. BC Soccer is a board for all in BC. HPL is only for 160 kids per club. That is around 1040 kids. We have around 60 70 thousand kids playing in BC. It is good to have an HPL for top level kids. These kids came from house program ( clubs) Later they go to both Soccer Acadamies and to Select program. Now why would one give a chance to Acadamies before the club program. It is all about all the kids. Not about few at the top. National coaches come over and watch Acadamy kids and Select kids. They very seldom take a BC player due to coaches comming from Ontario. They take kids who they trust. Only girl program so far takes the best players. That is the reason of mens loosing at National level. Lats of them are all about them selves and not about National pride. AS one must have to ware that shirt. At the end of the day you will see. ABBI ,Metro Ford, Surrey United,Island ,Interior,Burnaby North Shore, Richmond Vancouver last sopt take your pick from the rest of them that submited a form.

A shootout between Surrey FC v South Fraser [Peace Arch/Semiahmoo] for the final 8th franchise.
SFC has top class facilities and maybe more registered players .
SF has top facilities as well and is based in an affluent area and money talks.
Who will win ?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one will buy Charles from BC Soccer. Soccer guy knows his game. Most of all worked all his life to improve the game in BC. Statred the foots all and all that. There is no way that you will see three Surrey sides in. It has to be fare to all the areas. Club Like Port Moddy if they duid not join CMF now is the time to join Burnaby. Clubs like White Rock are so close to Richmond i just can not understan why they would go alone or with onother small club. Again that is just me. In my opinion Maple Ridge and that area should be with ABBI. It has to be bigger club. It is small things that make huge things like HPL run better.

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW! Surrey FC a possible HPL franchise? Really? Only 4 to 5 years ago the club had 3,000 youth members. As we sit now there are approx 1,500 youths. If my calulations are right that is about a 50% decline. Is there that much respect for history? Really? The people running BC Soccer must be seeing this. I really hope politics don't come into play. It would be such a shame to see all the hard work done by good people go to waste.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, that was a tough post to follow....But yes, I agree. South Surrey, Surrey Utd, and SFC/SurDel won't all have a spot. I think South Surrey will lose out. I agree, North Fraser should just join with Abby at HPL level. Although North Fraser Selects are progressive! As for Port Moody...well those kids will already have their pick of the lot. Not much from stopping those kids playing for a North Fraser, CMF, Burnaby, or even a Surrey (though the bridge!). Port Moody is a club getting better and better so they may choose to stay unaffiliated, but the kids from there have lots of options "if they are good enough."

Burkee...that's an amazing stat! Where did you get the #'s from? However, they have joined with SurDel and they have an SYL franchise that does well, at least on boys side. I did not read the girls SYL stats.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mirror this is what I hope happens ABBI, CMF, Surrey United, Island, Burnaby North Shore, Vancouver Richmond, Interior, White Rock Langley come as one. Second Surrey side. And as a 10th spot A Provincial side goes in.
It would truly expose the best players for Provincial side and it would also work toward their fitness level. Most important part is to be game fit when they go to Nationals. Also at the same time all other clubs would lift the level of their play to show the Provice who the best players are. Meeting is soon. It remains to be seen what they do. Who gets the spots. What is your opinion who will get the spots?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW! Surrey FC a possible HPL franchise? Really? Only 4 to 5 years ago the club had 3,000 youth members. As we sit now there are approx 1,500 youths. If my calulations are right that is about a 50% decline. Is there that much respect for history? Really? The people running BC Soccer must be seeing this. I really hope politics don't come into play. It would be such a shame to see all the hard work done by good people go to waste.

Not doubting your facts. I hadn't realized this. SFC hasn't just linked with SurDel Girls, but also with North Delta Youth Soccer.
Surrey Football Club - High Performance League
Which basically means Delta Metro and Surrey-Whalley Metro have combined along with SurDel Girls. Significant player-base increase.

Guess this means Ladner, TSA, and WhiteRock are the South Fraser bid, with Semiahmoo Girls?

Re: a White Rock-Langley merger...can't see it. Langley United has already said they are creating their own boys/girls program to try and gain HPL entry in the near future. White Rock is the South Fraser bid.

The league is capped at 8. Boys metro is already at 11 and considered watered-down. Why would they go to 10 teams and make one of those 10 a provincial team? Can't see it happening. Though I can see the HPL teams playing the provincial team in exhibition games? The Provincial team is being drawn directly from HPL so they will be fit for nationals on both the club side (HPL's BC rep) and BCSA side (Provincial National rep). I think I've already said who I think will get spots. From East to West;

Thompson-Okanagan, Abbotsford SA, Surrey United, Surrey FC, Coquitlam Metro-Ford, Burnaby-North Shore, Richmond-Vancouver FC, Lower Island/Upper Island.

South Fraser misses out due to the strength of Surrey United and Surrey FC, with the addition of Richmond being so close. North Fraser misses out due to Metro-Ford, Burnaby, and Abby being in.

In the future you will see a big push from clubs like Central City (reforming!), Langley, North Fraser, South Fraser to join HPL to one degree or another. I also expect Highlanders to somehow become involved. Especially when they go USL Pro. I can also see all 12-13 of these clubs creating something of an adult BC Premier League that was discussed last year and didn't work out - and it would be a spring-summer-fall league as well. I've heard no actual mention of it, but it seems logical. Also, FVSL is already discussing a summer league and I can see that league moving over from winter. VISL would follow as they have a good partnership. (Who won that cup by the way?).

Do I think Tier 1 of HPL should expand beyond 8. NO. Do I think other clubs who meet the standard could be included to some degree in a Tier 2 HPL? Yes. But the Tier 2 teams would have to be clearly stated as "not receiving the same benefits as Tier 1 teams" - ie, provincial teams might not scout them, so they'd have to go through a tryout process with the metro/gold players. No rep at nationals. Maybe even no entry in "A" cup? Maybe it is Tier 2 teams would not be included in any future College Showcase event, and certainly not in any regional cup with USA. (ie, the best players would still be directed to Tier 1).

Soccer Krazy

Jan 20, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although North Fraser Selects are progressive!

I have been watching and reading all the sayings on this matter for quite sometime now. I have to wonder where you get some of your info and ideas. The above line exemplifies that for me. North Fraser is NOT applying for HPL and at this point has no intent. The Pitt Meadows /GEU bid is just that.

North Fraser is a mess and certainly not progressive in any way. New name same problems!

I do know that Port Moody, North Coquitlam and Central City (yes Central City) have spoken with the GEU/Pitt group and support them.

Let’s face it all your talk is speculation with opinions from your years around the game. Seems more like a couple of guys who want their opinions heard by all rather than a forum of many people. I guess there are a lot of lurkers here just wanting to get the lowdown.

There have been many good points brought up and some very bad points that have little knowledge in their posts. Problem is that many people believe things that aren’t true just because they read them on the internet. This is a big part of the problem here in BC, lots of opinions but far too little work being done. Everybody focused on winning at all costs with little emphasis on development.

Bottom line talk, talk, talk gets you just that. Actions are needed and yes this HPL is new exciting and scary all in the same breath. It will stumble without a doubt but it takes EVERYBODY to buy in and build it, support it and finally be part of it. Progressive is having a vision and now selling it to become reality. What side of the dream/nightmare do you represent?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Fraser - Pitt/GEU ... apologies. North Fraser Selects put on a good face. Thanks for clearing it up. Yer quite the cynic rigger. I am part of the dream! Forgive me for not having insight into NFS, and believing the Pitt/GEU bid was linked to the NFS metro club. The mistake is understandable considering Pitt/GEU/Mission/Poco logos are right on the NFS web page, and David Shankland is an NFS coach but also the Mission TD. Sounds like the region is well unified - I certainly hadn't heard otherwise from any GEU coach I've spoken with this year.

Anyway, if Pitt/GEU can put together a better program than NFS, that's wonderful and I wish them well in trying to get into HPL now or in the future.
BUT, I should add, the fact that the Pitt/GEU bid is unrelated to NFS is alarming too. You say NFS is a mess. Well, that must surely include Pitt/GEU being a splinter group...? I am glad Port Moody and NCU are also aligning with the Pitt/GEU bid because that will add loads of credibility....BUT, the fact there is a splinter group within the region will also raise serious question marks won't it?

But, I guess the question is - which clubs are stronger as a unit - Port Moody/NCU/Pitt/GEU/CC or SFC/SurDel/Delta....?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You say that you hope politics don't come into play, then you have post that gobshite in an obviously political post?

Your facts are off ... plus HPL is year-round, just like Surrey FC. Our Winter numbers are higher than that AFAIK and we have a Spring League, Spring Academy, Y-League Franchise and Summer Travelling teams.

We've put a lot of hard work in to build a solid club ... unlike some of our neighbours who grow by acquisition/poaching/local politics etc. Life is probably so much easier North of the River!!

We have a very strong HPL bid, hopefully it is deemed top eight by the powers that be. It'd be a shame to have the best facility in BC (Newton) not have an HPL Franchise to call home.

Soccer Krazy

Jan 20, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You say that you hope politics don't come into play, then you have post that gobshite in an obviously political post?

Your facts are off ... plus HPL is year-round, just like Surrey FC. Our Winter numbers are higher than that AFAIK and we have a Spring League, Spring Academy, Y-League Franchise and Summer Travelling teams.

We've put a lot of hard work in to build a solid club ... unlike some of our neighbours who grow by acquisition/poaching/local politics etc. Life is probably so much easier North of the River!!

We have a very strong HPL bid, hopefully it is deemed top eight by the powers that be. It'd be a shame to have the best facility in BC (Newton) not have an HPL Franchise to call home.

Well Breaking news guys I have heard that PIttMeadows/Golden Ears/ North Coq/Mission/Central City/Port Moody have joined hands for HPL bid. 10000 kids and NAP as one of the prime facilites with all the other facilities. That would hold some weight probablly more weight than the Suredell/SFC group. I have been coaching at SFC for the last few years and i have seen the grafh of development drop and having a TD without certification and coaches that play on their premier team is very ccounter productive. While I see some of the other groups doing so well and growing and like burke said SFC shrinking by 50% in 4 years. I AM SURE THERE IS MORE THAN POLITICS PEOPLE ARE NOT HAPPY

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What purpose would a breakaway league possibly serve other than to abolish the current district boundary rules they would be under?

Simple solution would be to blow up the districts as they are because to me, the districts only added an extra layer of bureaucratic bullshite to youth soccer in the first place.

It'll be interesting tonight to meet w/ the Breakers BOD and learn more about the merger.

My biggest question will be: what is the club's Mission Statement?

Breakers don't have one posted, but I have an idea as to the club's ideals.

CCFC:
Developing teamwork, athleticism and lifelong leisure skills are our goals.

The HPL is not about the average player development, it's about elite player development. These are clearly two different areas. 95% (or higher) of most players in most clubs will fall under the description of the HPL player.

As a parent and coach, I have no interest in our club being involved with a poorly planned HPL. No offence to the pom-pom waivers on this site, but a shitty plan on paper almost always translates to a shitty plan in reality. I hope I'm wrong, but all the signs point to me being right.

So yeah, having one poorly planned HPL is bad enough, let's just have a bunch of pissed off clubs go out and create a breakaway league. That will make things better. :rolleyes:

I can see it happeneing, too. Too many fail to see the forest through the trees, and my concern is our new "club" will be one of those rogue clubs. I guess we'll see.

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cynic? How so? Things in the North Fraser district are far from good. GEU and Pitt have partnered for thier own interests. Don't pull Shankland in if you haven't talked with him on his views as he coaches NFS for his kids sake not the programs!

As for SFC good club going through a lot of transition over the last # of years due to losing their leaders to the Whitecaps. Tough to continue to be strong when you lose top quality people in short spans. As for their current TD with no certs. I read here many times that certs were only paper. Not that I agree but at least he is working quickly to getting them.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading through the past few posts...appears the rumor mill has CCFC getting in bed with others to form a super bid, and maybe a hostile takeover of NAP facility? Am I understanding this right?

And nobody could see all this coming?

Again, not pleased to be joining a club that's clear only interest is to absorbe numbers and profess to be interested in the development of female players.

What an effing joke this has become.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading through the past few posts...appears the rumor mill has CCFC getting in bed with others to form a super bid, and maybe a hostile takeover of NAP facility? Am I understanding this right?

And nobody could see all this coming?

Again, not pleased to be joining a club that's clear only interest is to absorbe numbers and profess to be interested in the development of female players.

What an effing joke this has become.

I have to agree that it appears that the online banter at least has become an "effing joke". I do hope that the powers that be have a broader view and can settle their differences for the betterment of the players and their development. IE; "Player first" being the priority. I hope that all involved really try to keep that at the forefront as opposed to being more concerned with protecting their organization, club, club name and personal stature. Not sure if this is possible but let's hope so.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao guys and people say there is no politcs in soccer. Let the kids play. There is tonns of politcs. At the same time HPL will happen. It sure will be for the better of upper level of soccer. Silver and gold will still stay the same. Some of your post are very interasting. It is nice to hear your opinions. In fact this is the most I heve heard in a long time. Good guys bring it forward. Reades need to hear what is going on.
This is the onley way kids will have a better future. With MLS in town and few other NASL sides comming things will heat up even more. Does any one of you know what is happaning with West Van, Squamish and whisler and Pemberton? Who are trhey going in with? Onother big pool of players and many good caliber players in that area. Lots of folks with money come from that part of town.
Do you guys think North side of Fraser River will be strong enough to play in HPL if given a club. Is it more of a base for Silver and Gold soccer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0