Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude some of us have it and some don't. All I can say he is dam good hockey player. Loosing Kesler would send this club backwards. As you did see list knight. Just not enough to win the games needed. Kessian in my opinion has to go way before Kesler. Goes in the box three times two goals against us. One dumb Umbro what ever he is.
Lack is proving that he will be fine for future. If Markstrom does the same we will be fine. We have kids like Fox,Horvat,Shimkaruk,Gance and three others in the fold next year. It pisses me of when you see Lane and Anderson in miners and you see Kassian and Webber here.
Two guys that have no buisness in NHL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, based on the fact Kessler is a "dam good hockey player", you'd pin the C on him? Just like that? Never mind he's a crappy teammate, can't handle the press, and is a coach killer?

Seriously...

Kassian will be a better player than Kessler, mark my words. No, not as intelligent as many, but when he's on, he's a force. On a disappearing act scale of one-to-Kessler, he's only a 5. To compare, he's as stupid as Bertuzzi was when he was young, has more heart, and a better skater.

Lane for Kassian...you are out to lunch.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes dude Lane he is smart young man. University dude. Big can skate plays well in his end and does well in the middle of the ice.Kassian on the other hand is a pub man. Seriously he needs year or two in the miners.
As dumb as a door knob. He can pass but most of the time he can't find open areas to shoot. Goes in the corners when he gets hit he cheap shots and ends up in sin bin. Huts the team. If you did watch last five games his name is on every second penalty. To me it means he does not manage the game well.
Kesler speak out because he hates dancer and chicken shyt guys. If we could have two more like him you would see cup in this town.
Twins will never see it here.
Owners should get him few good looking mamas just to keep the guy here.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get something clear...Kessler NEVER speaks up. He does it "off the record" through his favorite reporters, and they come out with the story on a hearsay basis. Kessler himself is a chicken shite, when it comes to the media. He plays games w/ them, gives them veiled messages, but never, ever says anything directly controversial. He doesn't have the balls to call the coach out directly. Through a reporter, off the record, though?

So far as Kassian vs. Lane: tallent trumps brains. Kassian can learn, and is learning, while Lane will never aquire Kassian's skills and skating.

I agree that Kessler is a good player. The argument isn't weather he's a good player or not, it is weather he's good for this team. I think he's a cancer, and it seems a lot of people both inside the room and organization agree. Having three players like Kessler, but who are good teammates and people? That's a pipe dream and no brainer...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get something clear...Kessler NEVER speaks up. He does it "off the record" through his favorite reporters, and they come out with the story on a hearsay basis. Kessler himself is a chicken shite, when it comes to the media. He plays games w/ them, gives them veiled messages, but never, ever says anything directly controversial. He doesn't have the balls to call the coach out directly. Through a reporter, off the record, though?

So far as Kassian vs. Lane: tallent trumps brains. Kassian can learn, and is learning, while Lane will never aquire Kassian's skills and skating.

I agree that Kessler is a good player. The argument isn't weather he's a good player or not, it is weather he's good for this team. I think he's a cancer, and it seems a lot of people both inside the room and organization agree. Having three players like Kessler, but who are good teammates and people? That's a pipe dream and no brainer...

For the record it's Kesler. One S.

How ever we make an exception for you because as its clear you have developed "Kessler syndrome" after being sucked into a vortex and colliding with MR BASE and his MOTHER SHIP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessler_syndrome

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude, you are 100 percent right about kesler. he is a very good player considering his limited vision. any team would want him on there second line. as for leadership skills, he has none and being on the same team for so many years (why the canucks have not traded him over the years i have no idea? ) pays a toll on the team. kesler is a try-hard and extremely over-rated.

as for kassian, im sorry he's an ahl player who is logging nhl ice time due to another horrible trade by mike gillis. time for the canucks to weigh there loses and hope they can trade both players over the summer. i cant imagine what teams would of paid for kesler two years ago.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kassian has 11 goals with lesser opportunities given to others though.

His production has increased every year and I believe he'll have a break-out year next season.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those stating that Zack Kassian won't amount to anything and is currently useless cannot see the forest for the trees. It's just a fact. Did I like the trade of CoHo for Kassian at the time? No. Do I like it now? No. Is Kassian a "miners player"? No. He's a rough around the edges tough as nails guy who's still early in his career at 23 and for a big man can skate with anyone and has very fast hands and a decent shot.

He has a lot of learning to do and I'm scared a guy like Torts will want him running guys through the boards and blocking shots instead of mentoring this guy to become a good power forward who knows when to pick his spots and stay out of conference calls with Shanny.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs and Johnny I hope you guys are correct with Kessian. If he stays off of power drinks than yes. His eyes look like the guy that drinks hard.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Herik is getting points lately. Might be bit late, than again it might be last game of the season before we see the team in play off's. I see Kessian did not sit in the sin bin,team wins. Now if Higgins could do the same team will make the play off's.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no mystery behind Henrik...he needs a finisher on his line, at least one. In the best of times, he had both Burrows and Danny going, but this year, neither. Sometimes Kessler, but it was slim pickings for him.

Glad to see Burrows back to making a meaningful contribution on that line.

Next season, I'd love to see them move Kessler for assets, and turn Danny into a second line center. He's one hell of a puck mover, too, and this way they can at least spread their offense. They MUST give Kassian some meaningful minutes alongside either Sedin if they want to see him develop. We've seen it before, where he can be effective playing w/ the twins. That wasn't a fluke, though it was a flash. They need to see if he can maintain that flash. Give him some skill to play with.

And, it looks like Jensen is earning his spot for opening day roster next year, right now. The kid has been fantastic, and showing he's ready for the show. Good on him. That being said, just goes to prove that these blue chip prospects need to be given skill to work with in order to leapfrog their development.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslap you are funny guy. Kesler is German two S'S are fine by him.Kesler and Kassian are both spoiled boys, Kassin will never be as good as Kesler even though he has more raw talent.
All it matters club is wining here and there, hopes are still alive. Kassin needs to stop drinking for three weeks and he will score four five goals. I think he sees two pucks most of the time and forgets which one he as to hit.
One never knows if he went Akslap drinking school.
Golf season is here lots of them will have more time to play. Burrows will have more points than Kassian even with missing half a season or more.
Sand the dogs to other feeding throfs . Bring in new harder working bunch.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Kassin" never good as Kesler? Yes.
Kesler has less raw talent than "Kassin"? You're off your meds again.

And sorry, accusing Kassian of being a drunk (seeing two pucks?!) is simply not on. These guys are professionals, and his unprofessionalism off the ice is something that has not surfaced in a long time. I spend an insane amount of time downtown and at games and in establishments following games with my clients entertaining, and I see a boatload of Canucks out on the town, I've not see Kassian out and about at all this year, Cannot say the same about Mr. Kesler though... Weird you don't see young buck but you do see Mr. Wife and two kids.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny last time I saw dock was twenty years ago foreskin clip. No meds here. Just a cold beer. Try Richmond pubs. Some stay away from TV guys. He is a kid with tons of raw talent but his inability to make it two top lines will slowly slide him down. Next year you will see young Kassels, Bo and Shink here with Gance joining after Christmas. One must ask him self does he have spot here next year. Maybe as a forth line with Sastito and Dalpe. Kesler has more than two kids in lower mainland my man. Might have six eight kids. That's just Kes. Good darn good player. Spands very little time in holy house.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0