Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree to disagree. It got a lot of attention and I'm sure it will be up for debate all day tomorrow on ten forty.

Sorry, I can't take anything you say seriously after implying your stance holds merit because team 1040 will be talking about it all day.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thing that worries me the most is it looks like the owners are involved in the direction of the team. Teams that have owners making decision never do well. Gillis may not be the right guy but it's a bigger and more long term problem if the owners are calling the shots. Anyway it looks like the team has quit this season not sure if it means torts has already lost the team but it is a shame that this year is not suppose to be a good draft. How about them caps.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs it's simple. The team lost respect for the coach after his 6 game step a side. Team lost direction after that. Twins don't have drive. D on the other side is trying way more then they should. They stand flat against fast attacking team. Two D must stagger in case one get beat second guy can cut the guy off. The biggest problem is kid like Kassian. He has no business in NHL. Young man needs two three years in miners. He coast the first goal. Than again in a five minutes penalty another goal. Lack and Marksrom are fine.
In my opinion biggest problem is coach has lost the room. Guys are lost on attacking and for most on defending. It will take one big win against Mini or Jets for them to turned it around.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD owners are not trying to do Gillis's job. He made huge mistake when he told twins they will not be traded. Club has to think of future. They are both thirty three four years of age. Foot speed is down ten percent. Drive for a game is down fifteen percent.
That's the reason Kesler wants out. Mistake is Gillis's. Twins should go somewhere worm. Kesler should be a new Capitan with Bieksa and Matthias A. Garrison needs power skating. He is getting out of position many times. Kassian needs a shrink and a gut pump. Shrods needs Utica. Small things make big changes. Kids coming up next year very good. Bo, Shink and the kid Kassels that his dad played for Canucks.
Team is having a bad year. Many teams go through that. One has to look at bigger Picture. Twins can fetch two good players. Just look a Matthias, he is only twenty six Lui is thirty five. Not bad. I think Canucks will turn things around. In my opinion biggest mistake is Torts as a coach. He wants grinders we have dancers. Something has to give. I say bring Traves Green here sand Mike to Utica. Team makes the playoffs. Torts needs a younger guy next to him. Players would relax and move forward.
I might be wrong but not very much. Jensen here for sure. Lane here for sure.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lack gives Canucks a chance to make the playoffs as Calgary goes home empty handed with three power plays in last eight minutes. Higgins will have few beer tonight. He and a ref did not see eye to eye. Desperate times to make a playoffs. But still a dam chance. Shan Mitthias is a good addition to the club. Big kid loves the game. Sweet dickens Torts is starting to buy in to Canadian ways.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a gong show...total embarrassment, from the goalie to defence, forwards and coaching, to Gillies in trading away 2 all-star goalies and getting nothing for them....things are so bad now I'm wishing I was a Leafs fan :bag::rage:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting going back and re-reading this whole thread based on the current reality we are facing.

Watched the game from a 500 level suite last night, next to a suite of alumni and current NHL Scouts. Everyone seemed pretty into the game till the 3rd period - then the belly laughs commenced.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You re-read 13 pages of Base dominated post? First thing that comes to mind is you need a job, the second is Regs needs to give you a medal for self sacrifice.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This team should be blown up and rebuilt, imo. Give the Sedins a secondary/mentor role similar to Selanne, Jagr, Iginla, and get new top line guys.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD, nothing better than perusing the back issues of TTP days gone by when sitting on boring conference calls.

Konk- they don't have a choice, they've let the Flames thing happen to them, they hung onto a bunch of players before they could maximize value by trading them younger/hotter.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD, nothing better than perusing the back issues of TTP days gone by when sitting on boring conference calls.

Konk- they don't have a choice, they've let the Flames thing happen to them, they hung onto a bunch of players before they could maximize value by trading them younger/hotter.

I don't think looks has anything to do with talent. Lets stick to getting talent and heart instead of pretty boys JBN

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ay you guys it's just one game. They still have a chance to make playoffs. With addition of young Horvat and Shik this team will be way better. Team must keep Kesler here and give him C role. Twins will end up on line two. Or find them a worm spot to play for three years. They would bring two good players for second line. We just need one D like Gartner to help build more attack. Young keepers go through game like that. Lack will bounce back. Markstrom might have a chance to prove him self.
I kind of think it might be Torts who gets the boot. Gillis gets to prove it's not him. I hope management stays calm and works this out by adding a free agent in the summer. A guy with high standards. And I hope the give Torts another year to rebuild a bit. We are not Edmonton and we are not Calgary. We have good players in Utica, Just look what Traves Green did with those guys. Stay up beat. The horse is not dead yet.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This horse, in it's current form is dead.

The twins are older, have slowed down considerably and this coach doesn't have a suitable game plan for their aging skillset, and they have 6.1M Annual cap hits till we are freed of them on July 1 2018. Burrows is still a serviceable player imho, however with a mostly down season this year, plagued by injuries and a total lack of confidence, he is on a hit of 4.5 Annually till July 1 2017. Kesler wants out, when reporters overhear him and his pal Patty Kane in Sochi talking about playing together it's not just piss taking. he wants out, and I say good riddance, I still say the Nucks should have traded him instead of Hodgson, when he was a little younger and 'hotter' with respect to trade value (Hi cascade) Kesler has great value still with a decent Cap hit of 5.0 for 2 full seasons after this one.

As for today, the Canucks lack the following:
1. A first line and a second line- they have confused/washed up players, Kesler, 3 third lines and a fourth line.
2. Confidence
3. A system and coaching philosophy that matches their roster and IR list
4. Near Term prospects - don't forget Kesler had a season and a half in the AHL prior to becoming a full fledged NHLer and then had 2 full seasons before developing into a perennial 20+ goal scorer. Meaning Horvat and Shinkaruk will likely have similar stories. Gaunce isn't going to be a 2nd line C or better, he's projecting to be a 3/4 line C
5. The ability to draw UFA's to sign here. Outside of Dan Hamhuis & Jason Garrison, which "local boys" have signed here? As for outsiders, why would you sign here after the treatment shown to Luongo?

Gillis has made some VERY bad decisions. Kevin Connauton is playing quite nicely in his rookie season in Dallas, he along with a second round pick got us Derek Roy for 12 games and 4 playoff games. FAIL.

This team has drafted poorly as I have highlighted time and time again- I don't need to go over what I've posted many times here already.

The 2014 UFA list is fairly strong, why would any of these guys sign in Van with Gillis and ownership's treatment of players? Why would they sign to play under Torts?

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
First thing, get rid of Gillis. He's had his shot and its time for someone new. Heard that Ray Ferraro is a possible candidate. As for Burrows, I wonder how much the full face shield is affecting him?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could you imagine the little ball of hate as GM?

Further, imagine him retaining Torts as coach... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0