Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd welcome it. Gillis is such a stiff, and with the exception of one blow up against Calgary, Torts has been as well since coming here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
843397182.gif

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows is back with two goals shield or no shield. The word is we are still fighting for a playoff spot. Torts is here for another year. Gillis I ?.
Ferraro's mouth works faster than his brain. Big mistake to make him a GM. Somehow I think Lindan and Smeal might be back in the picture. If Gillis gets the door. Gillis still has four years left on his contract. Six mill is lots of coin. Owners just might add a player or two and ride it out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be SHOCKED if Trevor Linden came back.

Linden spends the year travelling with his friends either skiing or mountain bking. That, and tending part-time to his local business interests. His like is low key, stress free, and he seems quite content to continue to live it the way he's living. That said, I'm just commenting from the outside loking in...but the live of a hockey executive doesn't quite jive with the way he seems to enjoy living right now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ay you guys it's just one game. They still have a chance to make playoffs. With addition of young Horvat and Shik this team will be way better. Team must keep Kesler here and give him C role.

I'll admit, getting rid of Kesler is my current jihad, but SERIOUSLY, anyone who thinks he is leadership material knows nothing about leadership. Let's review:
  • He's grumpy and moody with the media. He rarely handles any interview with professionalism, more like distain. Like it or not, a Captain has to represent his team w/ the media, and he's never shown he can carry the load.
  • On the ice, there is no doubt that when he puts in the effort, he's dominant. But, there are big swings between him being dominant then completely invisible. He takes a lot of shifts off, and a lot of full games off. Then, just when the media catches on that, "Hey, Kes hasn't scored in 11 games", he'll come back w/ a dominant performance, enough to make everyone forget the disappearing act.
  • He openely displays selfisihness, both on the ice, and off. There's a reason why every line he plays on is a helicopter line; it's because Kesler doesn't understand he has wings he needs to use. When the coach shifts him to wing, he all of a sudden performs, out of contempt for the coach, and complains to the media. The performance eventually runs the Kesler pattern and he goes into invisibility mode, which forces the coach to move him back to centre, since the top line is now not performing with him on it.
  • He "allegedly" slept with a teammates wife, and has "allegedly" stuffed half the tramps that frequent the Roxy

This guy, besides actually being a pretty good hockey player, is anything BUT a leader. Why do you think his A was revoked? The 'Nucks can't unload this guy fast enough.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Dude.

add to that above list:
1. He doesn't appear to the media following losses
2. He's "allegedly" always hurt or banged up a little, he posits this way so that he can catch bouquets when he plays well all the while having an excuse for why he didn't play well when he stinks up the joint.

Excellent player, head case of a human though.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with your guys points except for the not agreeing to speak with media after loses. I think its wise choice. Tired of the same lame H Sedin/Loungo excuses after the lose, all the media want/waiting for is the guy to slip up and take a comment to the papers/tv to fill his wallet.

Kesler wears his flag on his sleeve....no different in Olympics, if Kesler is used properly which he isn't here, can be a dominant player. I would rather have a guy who plays hard and get hurt then the sedins floating and getting hurt (maybe that's my maple leaf opinion).

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bieksa scores four five goals all year and you want him to be a captain. Kesler is by far the best leader they have. If they trade Kesler this summer club will end up like Edmonton. Dumb Gillis needed to buy a player or two. He is the one that should get the dam boot. What the hell is Lain doing in AHL and Satito plays here. Man this guys hurts the team with dumb penalties each and every game. Does not come back with his attacker. As you did see it tonight on one of Washington goals. Team is close yet it is slowly sinking. Sastito should get four shifts a game and a call to go and fight a guy or two to lift the guys up.Lain should be here developing. Team must trade Shraids he is by far small for Western clubs we play. I am sure Detroit would love him. We need one more big centre like Matthais. Our D is not big enough. D needs a big guy that can go and smack guys behind the net. Only Stanton does it.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if I am having trouble understanding your post because I have been drinking but if Lain is in your plan for a rebuild we are in trouble. They have to try and get value by trading Kesler now because he adds nothing for us in the next two years and then he will leave for free and we will have nothing but a bunch of bastard children diving around Vancouver.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with STD, he was good here for a while but it seems he just doesn't give a shyte anymore. We need to move him in the off season and get 2 guys worth having.
But with Gillis' record chances are he'll trade him for a 4th round pick and a BJ

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoring goals makes you a good captain? Oh Mr Base oh how much your posts are out to lunch.

A good Captain is someone who stands up for his teammates, isnt afraid to go into the corners and will do whatever it takes to win....

I hope they keep Kesler...sign someone who can play with him and put him on the first line were he deserves to play or trade him to Toronto with someone, take Optimus Reim and Kadri and Jake Gardnier.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Reds one has to lead by ability not with moter mouth. As you did see today. Lack and his boys kicked Lu's but. Two points that is all. Henrick Burrows an Jenson three points each. Bieksa very seldom stands for his team mates. Just look how many points he has. Plain does not give frycking shyt. Not that can't He is passed that stage. He and Edler will join Lu in Florida next summer. Big D will come our way just watch and a forward and draft. Retooling will start this summer. Lu is there for one reason. He will end up a future GM of Florida. Bieksa and Lu are very close so is Edler. Kesler will end up in Toronto Gartner and a forward will be coming this way plus a pick. Henrick will remain as a captain. Torts will stay. He is trying dam hard to make the playoff's. Rest is history. I heard new set of uniforms are in works. With tons more caoulor.
Go Canucks go. Matthias for Lu was hell of a trade. Young guy with size speed and good shot. He will end up as a Captain soon. That's how one builds for future. Bieksa needs Florida and nice golf places.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard an interesting stat the other day that the Canucks record the last couple of years when Kesler is hurt is actually better than when he is in the lineup. Of course stats like that can be misleading on their own as you have to look at who they get the wins against, ie Florida and Calgary, as well you have to look at schedule and who else is missing in the lineup. Still an interesting and unexpected stat if he is your MVP and captain material.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs all I know if Torts does not park Kassian at the end of the bench team will for sure go golfing soon. Dumb guy take three penalties a game. Each time he does the other team scores a goal. I just can not understand why would the team let that young guy do that to the rest of the guys. Burrows again three points Jenson a point. Golf town will sell few sets of clubs to Canucks guys soon. Dude Kesler is not dumb he is an American. Every so often free ride is good for your hart. Not his falt. Ladies say yea or ne. Animal kingdom stays alive. I think Torts needs bit of that or he will go mad from Kassian. Kes must be a stalian.
Good nick name for Captian.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base...I'll try and explain to you how Kessler is, in fact, an extremely poor leader...

I don't necessarily begrudge Kesler for taking the odd, erm, "free ride". He wouldn't be the first hockey player in this town to take advantage of the local offerings. But, if the allegations that he took a free ride on his teammate's wife is true (I'm told it is, from a very good source), then that makes him about the worst teammate anyone can have. I'd want him out of that room for good. Also, being an American doesn't excuse him, either. There have been plenty of American players come through town that handled themselves w/ far more professionalism than Kessler. One of them was Cory Schneider, come to think of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0