Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Results 2001/2002/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves!
The Shooters are by no means full of themselves, as you so kindly put it.

We should remember that this site is to take the piss out of each other, but some people seem to get their feeling hurt too easily.

We “the Shooters” respect the fact that you have to work hard every game to win in any league and the fact that we have some, not all, ex-premier players doesn’t make any difference.
We have been a top squad in div 1 for many years and we have fun, but stay competitive in spirit every year, so let’s not get our knickers in a twist because some people don’t have a clue about the game, but only their own silly pride!

:wa: 4-1:wa:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over-hyped?

Are you both nuts? This is what the spice of life is all about. It's all about getting fans out to the game and having a great time. If fans can't revel in the occasion of a club darby, how can a player justify getting psyched up for the game itself?

It's all in fun, ladies. :rolleyes:

Sincerely,
Don 'Keeper' King

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure who's "knickers are in a twist", but they ain't mine. And Besty,
The Shooters are by no means full of themselves
... have you seen some of the posts today? Come on now. "Full of themselves" is putting it mildly. And what of this bet that Whore aluded to? Did you bet someone on the outcome of yesterday's game? And how much did you win;) ?

Exaggie

Dec 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the "rumoured pool of wagers" was suggested by the Renegades players/coach... too bad they didn't include us in on the action... I can use a new pair of boots :)

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whore of horrors

And I think Whore is dodging this bet issue.

Actually the "rumoured pool of wagers" was suggested by the Renegades players/coach

either that or it was Besty's way of lighting a fire under ya ;)

sixofonelookingforsometruth

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought so

Thanks for clearing that up Brew.

And good luck to the Shooters the rest of the way. You guys really did play an awesome game on Sunday and you are playing some inspired soccer heading into the Cup.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re:poco

Hey FB, don't know where your getting the info on poco moving to div.1 none of the players are wanting that. I know the coach came out for this team as a favour for his daughter and some other players of his. But otherwise the team is very eager to improve and stay competitive in the premier league. If anything they would want to stay in premier A over B. Well seeing that they are going to finish at least 4th this season. I think they only deserve to stay in A. But it will be interesting to see who goes back to poco next year with new teams coming out. Anyways just to clear things up.
I hope theresa fumbles a few balls this sunday for us like she did for Bby. Not that we need any gimmies. It will be interesting to see how sbaa plays on the poco turf. It's different then anything else out there. :rolleyes:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Poco thing was a rumour floating through the coaching-managing circles. In fact, I heard it from someone with Poco (not a player). Of course, that was when the team was toiling near the bottom. They had come into the league on the basis of going into Premier B, then the league yanked that out from under them, so I think the comments may have been brought on by some anti-MWSL bitterness (which is a rampant epidemic). Their string of success as of late probably has changed some of that.

I don't doubt that the players want to stay. In cases like this, it's usually the coaches and managers who make these kinds of decisions, with input only from their inner-circle players. They think they're doing the right thing, but they don't realize they're messing with the pride of some players. Last year, Coquitlam and Kerrisdale dropped out of the league, and opted out of Cup. There were players on both teams who were either upset an/or embarassed with that.

Poco's got a good start on something here, much like Norvan last year. Would be nice to see them build on it. I know some of the girls on the team, so I am quietly cheering for them.

As for SBAA, they played Burnaby Pansies on turf, and beat us 3-0. Then last week lost to Burnaby A on turf, 2-0. So, don't know if the Reeves pitch will have much of an effect. Should be a good game though... alot on the line.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco3- SBAA2

Well it was quite a game but poco game out the winners today. Despite the shocking performance from the ref. I know people like to blame things on the ref. But this game we won and I'm saying the ref was brudal. Don't know what his name is. But we've had him before and I can't believe he can ref at this level. I don't know how bcsoccer let's these guys do premier games. Both teams today were just laughing at him for his calls, he was a joke. But anyways for the game. It was well played for both teams. SBAA game out hard for the first 20 mins. But poco held the rest of the game with multiple opportunities. As a past SBAA player I was shocked to see who the coach sat on the bench. He played all of his new younger players and it showed. But anyways great game, great weather, good day for soccer.:D

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lionheart-referees

You are complaining about the referee.
Questions.
Do you know about the report section on the Metro Women's Web site.
If so ,have you used it.
If you have used it, is it not acted upon.
I'm sure it requires consistant inputby teams to come to some conclusion about a referee. If there is enough input I'm sure there will be a reaction or am I a bit naive.:confused:

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lionheart -referees

Forgot to add.
It is required by referees to sign the teamsheets and to print their name. You are TTPing so you can read.If the name is not on the team sheet ask for it and also request them to sign the sheet .:eek:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Ssweeper might be on the MWSL board? :confused: Or possibly a referee?

I'm going to get grief from Lionheart and Soccerbitches for this, but I was at the game today, and I don't think it was "quite a game." It was pretty choppy and lacked flow. May have had something to do with officiating (not very good), a subpar pitch (city should get their money back for that) or the fact both these teams are big and play very physically. From that perspective, it was an intriguing match up.

Having said that, Poco was full value for the win, and did carry the play. I think Poco probably has more skill in their lineup, and it showed. 5 goals against in the past two games is kind of uncharactertistic of SBAA. Maybe they weren't ready to play today?

Surrey U. and Burnaby Pansies turned in a solid performance today. The young Burnaby side is starting to come around. 2-1 to Surrey is a more than a moral victory. Burnaby scored first, then Surrey scored with some nice finish off a CK and then Artuso with a clinical PK. No scoring in the second half. Although Burnaby cracked a free kick of the bar with about 12 mins to go. Nicely played game from both sides (which is certainly expected from Surrey).

Burnaby hammered Semi 9-bagel. BD is probably looking to put an end to this. Give them credit for having the guts to stick this out - either that or he's a sadist;)

No word on the UBC - Norvan game, but it looks like UBC keeps rolling and Norvan keeps falling. 2 goals for Norvan is a good show, if one was to look for positives.

Some nice match ups this weekend: First, Surrey United hosts Burnaby A - will be a cracker that's for sure. Burnaby B travels to Surrey to play the Beavers - should be a solid game. Poco looks to clinch fourth spot against Norvan - two teams going in opposite directions. Westside and UBC will hook up in the matinee at the "Nat."

Referee

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referees are NOT required to print their names on team lists. If you have problems with a referee, do submit the referee feedback form.

By the way, BC Soccer Association does not decide the referees for the premier division, the MWSL referee scheduler does.

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referees etc

Well Sherlock, AKA FB, I guess my disguise didn't fool you.

Final clue .
I don't know what the "S" stands for in MWSL.

Serious questions!
Is the reporting system a waste of time or is it not used by the teams?

RSVP

"justayoungpuptryingtoclimbtheladder"

whore

Dec 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have all had refs in all shapes and sizes. Some good and some are terrible. I think the faith has been lost in the system as to whether anything will actually be done. Walking off the pitch in sheer frustration and anger towards a badly refed game is something every soccer player can relate to. In most cases I think the player (or team) cools off and nothing gets reported, in the ones that do, I can't say that I ever heard any feed back or any action taken.
I think most players chalk it up to part of the game and cringe if they have that same ref again. Question: Is it actually worth anyone's time?

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee

"To adequately assess the overall performance of the referee, it is essential that continuing input be received. TEAMS ARE ASKED TO COMPLETE THIS FORM AFTER EVERY GAME. THE LEAGUE WILL NOT DEAL WITH ANY COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS THAT ARE NOT IN WRITING."

You are right.
Printing their name is not a requirement.
However to complete the game report the referees name is requested.
It makes sense for the official to print their name by their illegible signature.
Asking for a name or giving one's name at the end of a game can be confrontational.
The question therefore does not have to be asked.
I have found the standard of team sheets to range from very good to extremely poor. Would be a real bonus if the photos and team lists were in the same order.

"If you have problems with a referee, do submit the referee feedback form."

Why do you limit your feedback to "problem referees"
There is such a thing as positive feedback. It is just as relevant.

If teams want the quality to improve and to weed out the "Sunday morning strollers" it is up to the teams to take advantage of this system and hopefully their beefs will diminish.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0