Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Results 2001/2002/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco

I, too, am impressed with Poco. Their roster certainly won't blow anyone away, much like SBAA. Also similar to the Beavers, Poco plays a good hard working game. They plug things up and really prevent the opposition from getting any flow. Having coached a number of the Poco players in the past, I know that they are generally good bunch of individuals who will give it 100% each game. That's really the first step in being a decent team in this league.

However, have heard from a few people that if Poco doesn't get into Premier B next year, they're going to pack up and play Div.1. I hope they won't take this approach. Their team has made some huge strides, and with an addition here and there will be more than competitive in what will likely be a six team group. They have a very good chance at finishing fourth this year, and likely won't drop below fifth. They also have a very real chance at making it to BC's.

Further, I have been told the MWSL will not bow down to these "take-my-ball-and-go-home" type threats. With a pared down first division, there won't be a spot for a team like Poco, unlike last year where both Kerrisdale and Coquitlam were allowed to drop down.

Poco should be proud of their accomplishments thus far, and build on them. They have some good young players, and with three U18 teams in Coquitlam, Moody, Eagle-Ridge, there will be a number of good (not great) young players looking for a local team to suit up for next season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Besty's game

Originally posted by anotherwhore
I was at Besty's game on Sunday and the Westside Shooters demolished the Renegades 4-1. It was a completely one sided affair. The Shooters are definately the better team and it showed.
anotherwhore

Where are the rest? :D

Besty at a women's game... must be why the Capitals finally won again :D

~Regs.

Brew

Dec 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting comment Marcus...a little biased I would say. Funny how the darby didn't quite get the big front cover coverage on the Westside website as it did the first time round.

Meet again next year...maybe. Are the Renegades going to Premier B?

Bold statement considering it didn't show at all the first time the two met. Makes for great competition, though. Hope they meet again next year (or in the cup run).

Exaggie

Dec 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was also at Besty's game on the weekend as well as the first time the two teams met before the break (okay maybe I was actually on the field for both)... and I have to agree that the game was definitely one sided. The score should have been higher to reflect how much the Shooters truly dominated the play. Audrey made some great saves robbing the Shooters from posting a score that would have had to be limited by MWSL to a five goal differential. As for the Renegades the well placed free kick just outside the 18 was the only true opportunity they had on net (thanks Brew for Jinxing the SO at the half)!

I would have to agree with Marcus that the meeting before the break showed very different results than this weekend’s game… but as to why I would have to disagree. Yes in the first meeting the Renegades did come back last minute to tie it up… but even they would have to agree that the Shooters dominated the play in that game as well. That undeserved draw was not a reflection of equal play between the two teams but merely a result of a poor performance by the Shooters’ keeper. She not only finished an own goal herself, but minutes later made an initial save off a break only to have the ball pop out of her hands and passed to a very questionable off-side player who had an easy finish on the goal line (love how I am talking about myself in the third person here).

Needless to say… this weekend’s game was a much better reflection of the two teams. Despite the Renegades better fitness… the Shooter’s are far superior in the skill department and the scoreboard showed it.

And yes… this posting is probably biased… but at least I admit it

whore

Dec 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at both matches between Shooters and Renegades, sorry Keeper (whose identity has been blown wide open) The Shooters dominated in both games. The results of the first game (tie) did not reflect who was the better team out there. One of those unfortunate endings, they deseved that win as well. I think they proved their point with a 4-1 win. Classy team with alot of tallent.:)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for Westsiders

Could either of these two Division 1 sides beat your premier squad?

I've been on the wrong end of a couple of scorelines against Besty's lot... They're a good squad - loads of talent, and they love their pints, too:D Don't know much about the Renegades. But I do know that Westside seems to have cornered the market of division one talent.

Brew

Dec 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think either 1st Div. squad could pull off a win against our A-girls.

We might enjoy our pints a tad too much for that!! :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
understatement...

Originally posted by Brew

We might enjoy our pints a tad too much for that!! :D

SC has enjoyed a few with the ladies too:wa: Still recovering from two years ago in Penticton:rolleyes:
For goodness sakes, did you check out the name of "Brew"?

Considering the Shooters have a couple of ex-Premier players (that can still play in premier) on their roster, I'd bet they'd give the A squad a good run. Not nec on the actual 'shooter' side of things:eek:

BTW, there is no one named Marcus here:rolleyes:

+SCreadingtheentertainment

Brew, can I join the crew for a kick-around on Thursday night? :confused:

Exaggie

Dec 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC...

The 'Tic crowd hopes that you will be there to help us celebrate 10 years (and by the end of the weekend... eight winning years) at the Penny Tourney... you were a riot!!! Keep the May long weekend open and see you at training on Thursday (I heard the rumour you might be joining us for a kick around... no escaping it now)!!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no Penny for me...

But pints are a must apres Thursday. I'm sure no arms will have to be twisted....hey?:eek:

See you then sista!;)

+SC

Exaggie

Dec 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I sense Spartan dissapointment on the not being able to attend Penny front

Lifting a few pints after training is definitely an excellent cool down stretch for these tired old arms... and after trying to save some shots from you I may just need them to dull the pain LOL!!! See you Thursday!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I sense Spartan dissapointment on the not being able to attend Penny front

Originally posted by Exaggie
and after trying to save some shots from you

That was a great piss take:(

No Penny 'cause I'll be back home in Asia:rolleyes: Besides, you've made it without me recently.

+SCrevin'togobaby:wa:

Sorry Regsi I know we are way off topic here, so I'll stop now :eek:

I'm just excited to play with the girls right now!

Shut it K-nobby! :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this mean the TTP audience is diversifying?

Funny how the darby didn't quite get the big front cover coverage on the Westside website as it did the first time round.
If you've got ample time to work on it, feel free to step right up and help out. Otherwise, shut it. Likewise, it's funny how the first game didn't get as much coverage as after this game. Where were all the Shooters' posts when you tied?

True, the Shooters were a far better team yesterday. The Renegades, for whatever reason, played like timid puppies with their tails between their legs. Both teams are quality teams (reflected in the standings) -- I believe only their style separates them. Shooters rely on pure skill and sudden surges of offensive threats (their defense is a good offense); the Renegades play more of a total team game with good conditioning and ball support.

whore

Dec 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course the Shooters rely on their skill and offensive plays (not surges) Isn't that how you win a soccer game? I agree that both teams are quality teams but I don't agree that the Renegades have team work on their side. I listened to the Renegades bitch and get completley frusterated with each other yesterday. That is NOT teamwork. I think the Shooters play more like a "team" and that is why they won. Skill, offensive plays and teamwork-mix that combo up and you have a great squad.

I think the boyfriend of a player holds little weight when bringing in his two-cents because you obviously see the game through tainted glasses. as far as the tie goes, the Renegades were thrilled, the Shooters were devastated. That should tell you alot. Renegades do hold the gold medal as far as conditioning goes and they have some extremley talented players.

I think Keeper brought this on himself by hyping these games up on the web site and the coach making bets to kick our ass. OUCH!

whoreisalittlecreepedoutbykeepers"stalking"tendancies

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting analysis

Sounds like the Shooters are mighty full of themselves (what else is new :rolleyes: ). After watching both games, it is clear that the Shooters are the superior team...when they come to play. The Renegades earned a well-deserved tie in the first game after battling back hard. In the rematch, they were like deer in the headlights - caught in the Shooters onslaught. The Shooters were obviously motivated... too bad Besty can't get that out of them every game as they needed this win just to finish 2nd in a division they should have dominated from the start of the season.

As for the Renegades, that was a disappointing performance, especially in the first half. That their play disintegrated into on-field bickering is even more uncharacteristic. Let's not forget that this was the Renegades first year in the upper echelon of Div.1 and they have not faced a team with as much talent as the Shooters have. But there is no shame in losing to the Shooters, a team stacked with ex-premier players - especially when the Shooters come out so determined.

And I agree, Whore, that Keeper over-hyped these games (and still few came to watch), but fill us in on this bet...
and the coach making bets to kick our ass

Exaggie

Dec 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper...

Personally I had no idea this site even existed until late December… well after the Shooters/Renegades "Battle Royale" to use your words. To say that I have been a "lurker" is an understatement... but I have been reading the posts regularly and until today limited my replies/posts to only those that hit home on some level. Yours kind of hit a nerve with me as you know as well as I do that the Shooters are much more than just "skill and sudden surges of offensive threats".

Playing as a “TEAM” involves everyone playing well individually while at the same time playing well together. The Shooters definitely have the market in this category. Our squad is one that does not rely on only a few players to get us by and instead relies on the total package as a team to get our results. We have strong offensive, midfield, and defensive lines that work well together and get the job done! We have a great bunch of ladies, filled with a lot of talent and heart. We love the game and know how to have fun playing it!

To be completely honest I don't think the standings truly represent the talent that we truly do have on the team. We have the least amount of losses in our pool and beat the top placed team (Van Only) on both our meetings. It is unfortunate that we finished only second due to being plagued by a series of low or no scoring ties this season. But I think great things are ahead for us in cup… and I know we all look forward to the competition that awaits!

Having said all that… I think it is important to point out that I think our emotions are all getting the better of us here (which is easy in a sport we all love so much). Westside is a good club that produces great players in all it’s divisions... perhaps we should start focussing on the fact that our First Div ladies have finished second and third in their pool and not nit picking the two teams apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0