Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MWSL CUP 2005 DRAW

Everyone see the Cup draw ?
Group 5 looks like a tough group...
Our group is an interesting one Vancouver Breakers, Dzunakwa, Burnaby Rangers (baby making team?) and us Aldergrove.....Any other thoughts

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geeser,

I'll send my predictions later but it looks like (based on the results and my very limited knowledge) that you have the easiest of the groups - and I know someone is going to get ticked off by that comment but we need some controversy. My teams have played against all 4 in your group over the last several years and my money is on Aldergrove to finish on top, assuming no one has signed new players since X-mas.

CHAB :)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 1-N.S. 0
hmmmm...looks like N.S. is crumbling! Good result Wickham. Kerrisdale didn't get to play b/c our field was under water, but boy am I looking forward to beating the Rangers again. Did I hear correctly that the Rangers and Southside played during the rain storm, and the Rengers lost 1-2? I tried to find the score, but it wasn't on the league site anywhere that I could find it.
How'd everyone else do?? I think it will be an interesting Cup draw. Anyone played Langley United FC or know what kind of a team they are? They're our first round opponent, but I don't think I know anything about them...I pay well for insider information!!:).

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey all!!
Hope everyone's holidays were great! Now it's back to business....SOCCER playin'!!
Wickham 1 - N.S. Redsocks 0 ....that's what it should've been, but to be honest here,
we (Wickham) lost 1-0. We were "ALL OVER THEM" and lost count - how many crossbars, "sit-ers" we missed!! Great first half to play and watch. Both teams "went at it" for the entire second half, but no scoring. We shouldda won in my opinion.
Hope to meet them in the playoffs....final would be nice! Cross ya fingers for us!!
I think group 6 is the toughest, glad we're not in that one....

Go4it

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:
Anyone played Langley United FC or know what kind of a team they are? They're our first round opponent, but I don't think I know anything about them...I pay well for insider information!!:).
We play them in 1 a . We can never beat them. They have done well this year ,but the best player on their team has left to travel for 6 months and they haven't won a game since she left.mmmm.So without her there could be a chance.Nice bunch of gals to play against.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geeser,

I think Munchkin said she pays well............for inside info. I'd collect if I were you :D

Were they any different than last season? as I thought Aldergrove (that's you right?) was actually stronger than Langley last year. Your division is tight though.

CHAB

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:
.... Did I hear correctly that the Rangers and Southside played during the rain storm, and the Rangers lost 1-2? I tried to find the score, but it wasn't on the league site anywhere that I could find it.

Munchkin, the game was played on January 23rd as it was on Turf in Burnaby. Since only a few teams played, the league moved the entire week to February 20th so if you look at the scoreboard for Feb. 20, you will see the score already posted.

Columbo in disguise

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB-Yes we finished ahead of them last year, I don't think their team has changed much from last year. We just can't beat them,this year or last year.Oh well.

Can_Head_A_Ball

Oct 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin - The result posted on the website was incorrect. We (Wickham) lost to the Red Socks 1-0. It's been corrected now. It was a great game, overall. We had numerous chances... hit the crossbar at least twice... we just couldn't put one past their keeper. Their goal was amazing - our keeper had no chance at it. I think the girl who scored was just as amazed as we were that it went in.

The cup should be interesting. We play SBAA Kaos first round, who apparently haven't won yet. But, we all know that doesn't mean anything come cup!! I suspect that Div. 1A and B are both stronger divisions than ours. Anyone able to shed any light on that subject?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can-head

I now play for SBAA Kaos after getting the royal fcuking shaft and the whole 2 games I've played with them I can say (hopefully without being ratted out and kicked off) that they struggled to field 7 players for the first half of the season. They picked up players (hence where I come in) and are now struggling to learn how to play together and we tied Aldergrove this past Sunday though I wouldn't say we played overly well (any comments Geeser? ;) ) but we're slowly coming along.

And that's all I'm saying because this thread has turned "pretty" and bores the shite out of me and I risk insulting those with no concept of TTPing. :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
And that's all I'm saying because this thread has turned "pretty" and bores the shite out of me and I risk insulting those with no concept of TTPing. :rolleyes:

Oh Dearest Spazz...how we have missed you!!! :rolleyes: :p

striker14

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz We could tell your team had picked up new players because you guys are better now then the first time we played you .

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:

SPAZZ baby,

We missed you. The whole point of being boring is to bring you out of the closet. Now that you're back, let the games begin ...............

CHAB

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geeser,I wish we were in this group!!"Group 5 looks like a tough group..." Not sure about you guys but as for the rest of the group I'm not impressed about it being tough.Dzunakwa has already forfieted before they even played.Burnaby Rangers have more battles with in their own team then they doing playing opponents and the Breakers well let's just say I see them coming out of your group in 2nd behind you guys!!As for Spazz if I had known you were shopping your services around(SBBA Kaos) I would have had our team accoutant come and talk to you about a contract.Your a great addition to any team and a proven winner!!!(BEERNUTS co-ed rec champs 2004 !!)For those that don't know that is Spazz's summer team ;)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
I now play for SBAA Kaos...and the whole 2 games I've played with them I can say...that they struggled to field 7 players for the first half of the season.

Look Spazz, maybe they wanted to play with 7 players and were totally content in doing so! If you're going to slag your team members like this, then maybe they'd prefer going back to playing with 7 players instead of playing with 8? You being the 8th player if you can't read between the lines!

Spazz said:
They picked up players (hence where I come in) and are now struggling to learn how to play together. We tied Aldergrove this past Sunday though I wouldn't say we played overly well.

Yeah, any team would be struggling to come together if a team killer joined. No shite they played poorly against Aldergrove on the weekend knowing that there was a new "spy" on the team who would report to TTP every miscue and miskick. No wonder they sucked so badly having to play under such pressure.

I've heard that the girls on the team have cut out sex entirely for fear of getting pregnant and being ridiculed for it like the Burnaby Rangers were!

Spazz said:

Exactly!

On behalf of Oldchick, welcome back Spazz.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice.........911. Careful though, I think SPAZZ has no ovaries left after the bashing she got but she has opened the door ....... again. Try the kidneys.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And that's all I'm saying because this thread has turned "pretty" and bores the shite out of me and I risk insulting those with no concept of TTPing.

Is that kind of like eating for two at a fundraiser and not paying for it? Just a question. Don't take it personally.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy, nice to see you climbed out from under the rock you were hiding under.... :rolleyes:

SBAA Kaos 1st Cup Game vs. Wickham FC 3-1

Good game to finally win! Great start to the Cup!

Not going to get into details cause we all know where that got me last time....
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0