Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I have noticed so far in the cup is that 4 teams from our group are leading their respective groups. I don't know if that means much at this point, or if it ever will, but that is the case after two games.

Munchkin,

The Richmond Stingrays are a good team. They move the ball very well and are well-coached. They have a couple of dangerous midfielders(if they're at the game) but they are suspect in the back. We were very fortunate in the first game to beat them, as I thought they controlled more of the play and missed a couple of sitters. The second time we played them was also tight but they didn't appear to have all the same players they had the first time. Again, they don't play hump and run like a lot of teams do. They try to work the ball out of the back.

GROUP 1 TEAMS GP W L T SO F A +/- PTS
SBAA Ajax A 2 2 0 0 0 8 2 6 6
SBAA Kaos 2 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3
Dukes Shooters 2 1 1 0 0 2 3 -1 3
Wickham FC 2 0 2 0 0 2 8 -6 0
GROUP 2 TEAMS GP W L T SO F A +/- PTS
Club Ireland A 2 2 0 0 0 6 0 6 6
Southside Strikers 2 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 3
Richmond Shooters 2 0 1 1 1 1 2 -1 2
Surrey United B 2 0 1 1 0 1 6 -5 1
GROUP 3 TEAMS GP W L T SO F A +/- PTS
Vancouver Breakers 2 2 0 0 0 5 1 4 6
Aldergrove Wanda'ers 2 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 3
Burnaby Rangers 2 1 1 0 0 2 4 -2 3
Dzunakwa 2 0 2 0 0 0 2 -2 0
GROUP 4 TEAMS GP W L T SO F A +/- PTS
Richmond Stingrays 2 2 0 0 0 3 1 2 6
Langley United FC 2 1 1 0 0 2 2 0 3
Surdel FC 2 0 1 1 1 1 2 -1 2
Kerrisdale FC 2 0 1 1 0 1 2 -1 1
GROUP 5 TEAMS GP W L T SO F A +/- PTS
Metro Ford Eclipse 2 1 0 1 1 2 1 1 5
Delta United A 2 1 1 0 0 2 2 0 3
PCOV 2 1 1 0 0 2 2 0 3
Vancouver Fury 2 0 1 1 0 1 2 -1 1
GROUP 6 TEAMS GP W L T SO F A +/- PTS
Shamrock Rovers 2 1 0 1 1 3 1 2 5
North Shore Red Socks 2 1 0 1 0 4 2 2 4
Burnaby Canadians Tigers 2 1 1 0 0 5 3 2 3
West Van Storm 2 0 2 0 0 0 6 -6 0

We might have a tough time with the Shooters if we're not prepared to play. They stormed us for the first 25 minutes of the game against us and should have been up by a couple of goals but SC stood on her head. :D They will definitely want to win this to get some revenge for the league games???????But then again, they might not care. :D Good luck to all the teams this weekend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 2 Richmond Shooters 0

It was a physical game with lots of chippiness.......We fully deserved the win and managed to keep a clean sheet again. Playing on a matchbox field didn't help much either but we're just gearing up for the big showdown against SBAA Ajax....

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Club Ireland 2 Richmond Shooters 0

It was a physical game with lots of chippiness.......We fully deserved the win and managed to keep a clean sheet again. Playing on a matchbox field didn't help much either but we're just gearing up for the big showdown against SBAA Ajax....

Good for you Cappie..We on the other hand did not fare so well.
Kerrisdale 0 - Richmond Stingrays 2
We were all over them like a dirty shirt in the 1st half, but couldn't score off some good chance. and had 2 injuries just before half-time. Didn't help that we only had 2 subs to begin with, and were playing on a dirt field (@ Blundell). They scored a nice goal just before half, and then got a lucky bounce halfway through the second as a cross went off our defender into the back of the net (hate it when that happens :( ). Crappy result, but I thought both teams were evenly matched and played well with not too much chippiness.
Oh, but it'd be nice to pull a win out of the hat soon. We are so close, but just can't seem to hang on sometimes.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
G-day Munch :p

I have been MIA due to the fact that I play Division 2 so I post there...sorry!

I witnessed a bit of the Club I game...looked good...lotsa skill on that team! Margaret in Keep is great...love her feistiness!!

Good luck to you all in the coming rounds...I too await the next feeding :p

striker14

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only cuz Munchkin is lonely,

I've been hiding under a rock. I think I went under the same rock Cappie finally came out of. Thanks Cappie, it's nice and warm. Been struggling with healthy numbers all year. Munchkin, you forgot to mention we played with 10 players for a stint and suffered 3 more injuries to add to the 4 we already have.

Went and watched the SBAA Ajax and SBAA Kaos game on sunday after ours. I have to say Cappie, Club I and SBAA Ajax are my picks for meeting in the final if you don't cross over sooner. Not taking anything away from some of the other top teams but you both move the ball nicely out of the back and your transition is quite good. Saw you guys play several games before X-mas. Should be evenly matched but I think you have stronger centre mids if you use the same two I would if I were running your team.

As for SBAA Kaos, SPAZZ, where are you. I think your team name says it all......... Kaos city!!! Any comments. Come on SPAZZ ..... You can take shots at my team :D Munchkin needs something to talk about or rebutt.

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
H: Club Ireland A
V: North Shore Red Socks Mar 6, 2005
TBA

H: Vancouver Breakers
V: Burnaby Canadians Tigers Mar 6, 2005
TBA

H: Shamrock Rovers
V: Delta United A Mar 6, 2005
TBA

H: Southside Strikers
V: Langley United FC Mar 6, 2005
Albion

H: Dukes Shooters
V: Burnaby Rangers Mar 6, 2005
TBA

H: SBAA Ajax A
V: PCOV Mar 6, 2005
TBA

H: Metro Ford Eclipse
V: Surdel FC Mar 6, 2005
TBA

H: Richmond Stingrays
V: Aldergrove Wanda'ers Mar 6, 2005
10:00am TBA

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Only cuz Munchkin is lonely,

I've been hiding under a rock. I think I went under the same rock Cappie finally came out of. Thanks Cappie, it's nice and warm. Been struggling with healthy numbers all year. Munchkin, you forgot to mention we played with 10 players for a stint and suffered 3 more injuries to add to the 4 we already have.

Come on SPAZZ ..... You can take shots at my team :D Munchkin needs something to talk about or rebutt.

CHAB

hmm...can I take a shot at myself? Make-up game last night:
Southside Strikers 2 - Kerrisdale 0
phew, glad that game is over. I had a minger. Playing centre-mid and just felt all out of position. To add insult to injury, they only had 1 centre-mid running around, which left us a great opportunity to attack up themiddle, but could I get anything going? NO! Not a good feeling, and most certainly not one of my better games. This is a totally beatable team with a very suspect defense, but we couldn't manage to claw our way back to a tie :confused: . We had moments of good passing and dangerous attacking, but nothing that resulted in a couple of goals.

It was crappy timing that we had no subs and injuries running around on the field in order to have 11 players, but teams play with what they have and good teams can find a way to win. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even remotely suggestion we aren't a good team b/c I think we are, but we didn't play that way last night. Ah well, that one's done with, onto the next game :D .

Looks like an interesting elimination round draw for cup Cappie...Glad to see that all of the other teams in our pool made it into the elim. round (in some perverse fashion it makes me feel better)!! They (Langley, Surdel and Richmond Stingrays) are all decent, but are all totally beatable. Richmond is the toughest competition, but even they will go down if you can find the holes and play posession. good luck to all.

Munch

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Munchkin, is Amber R. still playing with your team?

yes she is, and she had a great game against Richmond Stingrays until she hurt herself :( . Why do you want to know, huh??? Got any dirt I can use against her? kidding :D .
Muncher

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
I don't like Delta's chances in this one, they have a fundraiser Saturday night. :eek:

Hail, Hail!! Finally, someone new on this site this year. Munchkin, Striker, looks like a new friend for you gals! We seem to have lost the Wickham gang.

Delta is still traditionally not bad in the playoffs so if they can stagger to the field with at least 13 players, they may have a chance. Any insight to the other games Milhouse?

CHAB

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Hail, Hail!! Finally, someone new on this site this year. Munchkin, Striker, looks like a new friend for you gals! We seem to have lost the Wickham gang.

CHAB

That's because Spazz decided to not post anymore ;)

Fundraiser nothin'...if they are anything like my girls (Jaguars), we work better hung over with a 10am kick off!!

Our game...12:00pm, Slocan Park vs. Norvan Hearts...only the 1st place team in Division 2 :eek: Just our luck!!

Good luck this weekend everyone...hopefully we will have everyone posting some wins Monday

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse.... nothing to worry about, I think Delta has it in the bag. (if Kaos can tie them with a player short then Delta can beat them after a fundraiser)

Conductor, guess I'll be seeing you Sunday! :eek:

I think the Div 1 Cup will come down to Ajax and Club Ireland.....

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Milhouse.... nothing to worry about, I think Delta has it in the bag. (if Kaos can tie them with a player short then Delta can beat them after a fundraiser)

I think the Div 1 Cup will come down to Ajax and Club Ireland.....

I agree Spazz, barring any major upsets, I think those two should meet up in the final. I haven't seen either of them play, but I hear both are pretty strong. Of course I might be a little biased, but I would like to see Club I take it :) . And I am all for Kerrisdale winning the consolation round :D ! A little redemption would be nice.

Mucnher

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Muncher"?? I didn't know that about you! :eek:

Like CHAB said.... Ajax creamed us but we went in knowing we were going to lose and didn't put forth much effort. Balsa thinks he's owed 2 hours of his life back from that game. :rolleyes:

The reason it will come down to those 2 teams is that they play so similar (more like how soccer should be played).... great passing, possession and they work together. Will be a tight game.

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Ajax and Club I win thier games on Sunday they will play each other in the Quarter finals(Sunday after this one), so no chance of both being in the final......
My predictions for the next round:

Ajax over Pcov
Club I over Red socks
B.Tigers over Van Breakers
Aldergrove over r.Stingrays
Metro Ford over Langley
Delta over S.Rovers
Burnaby Rangers over Dukes
Southside over Surdel

Up for discussion, any thoughts.......

Status
Not open for further replies.