Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Rangers 3 - Dzunakwa 0 :wa:

Good game considering all the new players and first game of the season... good thing the other team didn't have a decent shot cause we don't have a keeper.....

But we should have won 5-0 against that team but crossbars & posts got in the way.... :rolleyes:

9am kickoff are brutal... (especially after ripping it up for Striker14's Bday all night) :eek: :(

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's pronounced "Sonica" but spelled absolutely retarded. And speaking of some other North Shore team whalloped them something like 7 or 8 to 1 today. Ouch. :eek:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No luck for us today. PCOV 1 - Burnaby Rangers 0

PCOV got in a goal in the first half and then fought to keep the only goal. Well played game on our part (with the exception of my breakaway that I panicked and passed and it was a shite pass at that) and had plenty of chances near the end but we just couldn't get it in.

Having a keeper and like 7 subs gave them the advantage. :(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
BUt not surprised that I managed to screw up a potential shot? :D

SHOOT THE FCUKEN BALL SPAZZ...you have a foot don't ya? I wish I would have seen that...but then again...you did come watch our shite of a game so I shouldn't be the one to talk. I think I had 3 left feet out there...brutal

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another loss for the good guys-Bby Rangers 0 Nth Shore Wickham 2

We really need a keeper so we don't have to put good players in net for the whole game.... not that it would have helped today's game. We were a little lazy and had some issues marking which made for a terrible first goal which lead them on the winning path... 2nd goal was a nice one.

I think all they had was one quality, fcuking fast forward and that was it....

Terrible Female ref (but that says it all) who admitted she's never reffed Div before and hopefully never will again.... :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Terrible Female ref (but that says it all) who admitted she's never reffed Div before and hopefully never will again.... :rolleyes:

What kind of a SHITE comment is that...way to support your Gender girlfriend :rolleyes: You probably didn't lose the game because of the referee, and I am POSITIVE you didn't lose it because she was female!!

Suck it up and kick some ass next game...that's it!

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No we lost cause we were out of shape and were up against a young (fcuking tall) team and we're still lacking in subs & a keeper...

But she made some horrible calls. One girl smacked the ball down to her feet with her elbow RIGHT OUTSIDE THEIR 18 YARD BOX and then Nikki came in and gave her a should-to-shoulder shove while going for the ball and the ref called Nikki but let the blatant hand ball go.

Later one of our forwards was on a breakaway and the ball bounced up and hit her tit and the ref called it a hand ball but she was positioned directly BEHIND our player.

And then she let the other team call the offsides, etc. :rolleyes:

So my point is that she sucked royally and maybe shouldn't be reffing Div1 when there are tons of lower levels to ref! Hopefully she's a North Shore only ref.
And while I'm bashing female refs.... there's a big blond broad that is reffing again and I watched her ref the Dzunakwa/North Shore Red Socks and she managed to get mixed up in the play numerous time and hit by the ball 3 fcuking times! Dumb or slow but whatever her problem she should fix it!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
And while I'm bashing female refs.... there's a big blond broad that is reffing again and I watched her ref the Dzunakwa/North Shore Red Socks and she managed to get mixed up in the play numerous time and hit by the ball 3 fcuking times! Dumb or slow but whatever her problem she should fix it!

Or...if those teams are anything like me...they are aiming for her!! ;) I just have horrible aim :p

striker14

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
SHOOT THE FCUKEN BALL SPAZZ...you have a foot don't ya?
I'm guessing it was on her left foot :eek:
Another loss for the good guys-Bby Rangers
Spazz, are you playing with men? :eek:
What kind of a SHITE comment is that...way to support your Gender girlfriend You probably didn't lose the game because of the referee, and I am POSITIVE you didn't lose it because she was female!!
Striker, I agree with these comments to a point. BUT...time and time again these refs prove to make bad calls. Just ask a certain team wearing green hoops, on how hooped they seem to get everytime they play. :rolleyes:
No we lost cause we were out of shape and were up against a young (fcuking tall) team and we're still lacking in subs & a keeper...
Spazz, there is a way of outsmarting the young ones. You don't have to play the ball in the air (hense the height advantage) and how much possession did your team really have? Fitness will come, provided your team works on it ;)
And while I'm bashing female refs....
I refuse to comment on the statement above, due to the fact that it is an easy one... :eek:

There, now you two aren't just talking amongst yourselves. :p

+sidelinedSC

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:

There, now you two aren't just talking amongst yourselves. :p

+sidelinedSC

THANK-GOD...I was gettin' tired of chattin' with Spazz :p Just kiddin'
It is nice to see somebody other than us in these threads...what's up with the women of TTP? Oh...wait...they aren't losers in Div 2 like me ;)
I will now go and peep in on the other threads so I feel important!

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks SC... your 2 cents is always welcome... :rolleyes: (just kiddin :D )

Captain Shamrock hasn't been posting any scores yet this season...?
(though the last Div1 game was cancelled for some reason) so it's only me all alone in the thread I started.... :(

And NO I'm not playing with men (well maybe just one.... ;) ) but a team that should almost be in an over 30's league! :eek: Shockingly different ages compared to Club I!

Club I's had the unfortunate luck of getting a female ref? The only one I have ever thought did a good job was the one out in Penticton! She was a wicked ref!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
It's pronounced "Sonica" but spelled absolutely retarded. And speaking of some other North Shore team whalloped them something like 7 or 8 to 1 today. Ouch. :eek:

Thanks. They play as bad as their name is spelled. Since it looks like you guys need something else to talk about, any predictions in Div 1C. I know it's suppose to be regional but it looks like the weakest of the three Div 1 pools.

Now you have something else to talk about ;)

CHAB

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC's Div 1 C blind predictions...

Can'tHeadABall said:
Since it looks like you guys need something else to talk about, any predictions in Div 1C.

To win...October 3rd '04

North Shore Red Socks (Sorry Spazz, fitness and finish will be the factor in your game :eek: )

PCOV - looks like PCOV has been scoring, compared to Kerrisdale's finish.

West Van Storm

H: Southside Strikers V: Wickham FC -Donno, as I can't tell on paper and I don't know the teams at all.

Good luck to all...

+SC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with your prediction SC! They have 2 fast forwards and that's about it. We've got a keeper lined up but she won't be signed by this weekend so we may loose a good player by making them stand in net. :rolleyes:

Kerrisdale only came up from Div2 last year so I think PCOV will hammer them!

Wickham will no doubt beat the Strikers though I didn't find them to be very good even though we lost 2-0 to them. The super short Nth Van field gives them advantage!

Dzunakwa will be lucky if they win a game this year. Back down to Div2 for them!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Dzunakwa will be lucky if they win a game this year. Back down to Div2 for them!

I thought they were a pretty darn good team last year, but then again, WE SUCKED (Jaguars) last year because we were missin' half of our team to red cards and injuries!
Dzunkawa (or whatever the fcuk there name is)...beware, there are a few really ugly men on that team that'll ruck right over ya if they have the chance! :eek:
Hey Spazz...re: Div 2...try and remember the little people, eh ;) It wasn't all that long ago for you!!

Back to the DIV 2 thread for me so I can talk amongst myself :( ;)

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did not mean that at all.... they lost a bunch of players from last year and aren't the same quality of play and still haven't learned to play as a team yet!

But at least they give us a win so I'm glad their in our pool this year!

We still have to learn to play as a team as there's like 5 of us that are new and we only have 16 signed. I'm scared of the "baby virus" going around my team.... gotta be careful I don't catch it! :eek:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Kerrisdale only came up from Div2 last year so I think PCOV will hammer them!

FYI - Kerrisdale has been in Div 1 for 3 years. Apparently they started in Premier more than 3 or 4 years ago or something like that but their roster has changed significantly since. They were in another pool last year, the one with all the Richmond teams.

Dzunakwa and West Van and Wickham were all in Div 2 last year but 2 years ago, Wickham and West Van were in Div. 1 so they went down and came right back up.

Dzunakwa was 11-2-1 38 GF 16 GA
West Van was 11-2-1 32 GF-15 GA
Wickham was 11-2-0 31 GF 13 GA

Based on the info I saved from last year.

CHAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0