Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes-Kerrisdale is in the Richmond pool but they were in Div because we played against them last season when I played with Club Ireland. Both teams were promoted this year.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Yes-Kerrisdale is in the Richmond pool but they were in Div because we played against them last season when I played with Club Ireland. Both teams were promoted this year.

That was the Kerrisdale Spurs that was promoted from Div 2 but they have since changed their name. Not sure who they are this year.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bby Rangers continue the losing streak... Ranger 0 Nth Shore Redsocks 3

I noticed today that we don't play as a team. We have a lot of individual strength but don't use eachother properly. I'm hoping this will fade the more we get used to eachother. And get a keeper.... :( Will be nice when our main "goal scorer" pops that baby out and starts playing in January. We haven't scored any goals since that first game! :eek:

Redsocks were a good team (with the exception of the tank who got herself redcarded in the first 20 minutes) with great speed up front.
2 nice shots from outside the 18 yard box that dipped in over our "stand in" keeper.

These 9:30am kickoffs are killing me.... I need a nap....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Will be nice when our main "goal scorer" pops that baby out and starts playing in January. We haven't scored any goals since that first game! :eek:

Man...a Division 1 team with only 1 "goal scorer" :rolleyes:

Maybe you should, wait, how did you put it... get your heads out of your asses, and stop beatin' yourselves up so much about not havin' a keeper and start concentrating on gettin' some freakin' goals!! :eek: :p

Anyone can score goals...but it takes a TEAM to fill the ol' onion bag...not one person!

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not from lack of trying.... our defender sailed one over the net (if there were football posts I think she would have cleared them too), we shot at the goalie, etc.

And for some reason Brenda (forward) couldn't stay on her feet. She must have fallen down about 8 times. Was funny actually.

We just can't seem to get it in :eek: Maybe we need a Striker14 :rolleyes: (like we need another pylon)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we won't be losing this weekend cause it's that time of year again where the women don't have games scheduled so they can stay home & cook the turkey and the men get to play. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does one group in div 1 get 3 promoted div 2 teams in there group??
Dzunakwa and West Van and Wickham were all in Div 2 last year
I believe that 1b is the hardest of the three!!I might be biased though,seeing as we(vancouver fury)finally got our first win of the season on the weekend 1-0 over Richmond Shooters!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WHAT? You have a talented squad and you only beat the Shooters by one? I know they're very physical, BUT they're old and you have to take advantage of them early in the season. With old(er) age comes longevity, so they might be quality by the end of the season :D ...

I also see that your gals need to put the ball in the back of the net :p...

Conductor, I agree with the lack of 'eveness' in division 1, but how often do these MWSL 'elected leaders' go out and scout the talent to make sure teams are where they should be? :confused: :rolleyes:

Good luck for the rest of the season, I know you're a quality coach! :)

+SC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Conductor, glad you finally posted.... was wondering how your team's been doing...

I had thought a few of those teams were promoted from last year but Cant Head A Ball informed me otherwise....

I have no qualms about our pool as we're playing like shite and I think it'll take us a while yet to play as a team so hopefully we can pull up our socks soon so we're not demoted! :eek:

Now that Fury's had a win I'll bet the next few games will be a little easier!

IF we every get a goal in I think we'll get our confidence back but until then.... :eek:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck for the rest of the season, I know you're a quality coach!

SC...Conductor is a proven winner at the co-ed level, but that's where it ends.

Ah...SC and Conductor. Two familiar names. Maybe here's the thread that I can call home. I've been scouting for a new thread to moderate, but I've had problems with my work visa and there's a whole lot of bureaucratic red tape holding me back. I'm sure my tendency to write off topic posts hasn't helped the matter either. And then there's the nasty Pms I've sent to Keeper...and theRob....and Yoda. Just as long as Spazz and Striker 14 are nowhere to be seen, this thread should be ok!

Please tell me Lionheart posts here! There will be no shortage of material if she does!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
How does one group in div 1 get 3 promoted div 2 teams in there group?? I believe that 1b is the hardest of the three!!I might be biased though,seeing as we(vancouver fury)finally got our first win of the season on the weekend 1-0 over Richmond Shooters!!

Not that anybody cares but I agree with Conductor. Div 1B should be the hardest pool and my money is on Richmond Stingrays, Club I, SBAA Ajax A or Delta United (but they are getting old).

Div. 1A - Duke's Shooters is usually up there and they have a ton of ex-UCFV players but that pool is hard to predict.

Div. 1C - considering there are 3 promoted Div 2 teams and if you look at PCOV's roster, I would put my money on PCOV. I think they have 4 ex-Capilano players and 4 or 5 ex-Langara Players, at least.

CHAB

I'm just full of useless info :wa:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Just as long as Spazz and Striker 14 are nowhere to be seen, this thread should be ok!

aaaaah Dial 9-1-1...how I have missed you! :rolleyes:

It is funny how you pretend not to looooove Spazz and I...but you see...YOU are the one pokin' your nose around in the MWSL thread? Interesting...

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Conductor, I agree with the lack of 'eveness' in division 1, but how often do these MWSL 'elected leaders' go out and scout the talent to make sure teams are where they should be? :confused: :rolleyes:

+SC [/COLOR]

That's just it...THEY DON'T!! :rolleyes:

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play in 1A and we have 3 new teams this year METRO FORD ECLIPSE, SURDEL FC, and SHAMROCK ROVERS. We know metro ford were in prem b last year but does anyone know were surdel and rovers played last year???

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
geeser said:
I play in 1A and we have 3 new teams this year METRO FORD ECLIPSE, SURDEL FC, and SHAMROCK ROVERS. We know metro ford were in prem b last year but does anyone know were surdel and rovers played last year???

Beware of the Shamrock Rovers...bunch of cnuts! They played Division 2 last year...they are a good team, but nasty! My team...Vancouver Jaguars (Div 2) played them last summer...Spazz's Club I team had them in their pool...pretty good rivalry...she'll update you I am sure! :p

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OOoohhhh Geeser you've come to the right place.... Striker14 & I would be glad to fill you in as we both played the Rovers last year.

I played for Club I Div2 last year and they were in our pool. Both Club I and Rovers were promoted to Div1. Have you had the chance to play them yet?

PCOV has a wack load of good players (I recognized almost all the players... aren't they all Sporting or Spartans?) and we played a good game against them losing 1-0 but have been beaten by Wickham 3-0 who were shite compared to PCOV. WTF?

Conductor-have you had a chance to play Vancouver Breakers yet? That'll be another win for you guys! I almost played for them this year.... glad I went to the old Rangers team instead!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well to be honest SC,the whole 2nd half was in our end against the shooters.Defensively we are sound it's scoring goals that seems to be our problem.I'm hoping this will change as Laura fav and Nadia S. will finally be in the line up together on tues(make up game).Spazz as for the breakers they played right after us against the stingrays and where unlucky not to get any points.Supposedly they fired there coach who had basically destroyed the team at the beginning of the year.They had a player Christine vaughn who played at UBC in the mid 90's who was really good and created havoc on the field.We play them on the 17th a day after our fundraiser so who knows :eek: As for 1c lets not forget about the North Shore red socks.They already won there first one against PCOV.SC are you playing with Club I??

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
I'm hoping this will change as Laura fav and Nadia S. will finally be in the line up together on tues(make up game).

Nadia S...what is her last name? Did she go to Alpha Secondary?

stiker14

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPAZZ-WE HAVE NOT PLAYED THEM YET,I SEEM TO REMEMBER READING ABOUT A GAME THAT INVOLVED RED CARDS, HAIR PULLING, GOALIE KICKING ETC...IS THAT THE TEAM? I WILL HAVE TO WARN THE TROOPS. WE PLAY THEM OCT 28TH ISH AT SW MEMORIAL (vancouver?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0