Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Ajax and Club I win thier games on Sunday they will play each other in the Quarter finals

Nice bit of scheduling. We play the first place team of one group and if we win, then the other first place team in the quarter final. BTW, if the league 'rigged' this so we can play each other for the cup/league count for both, it isn't going to happen. SBAA and CI have agreed that we will play two separate games. I'm sure we'll have our hands full this weekend with the North Shore team, so it might not even get to that.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Nice bit of scheduling. We play the first place team of one group and if we win, then the other first place team in the quarter final. BTW, if the league 'rigged' this so we can play each other for the cup/league count for both, it isn't going to happen. SBAA and CI have agreed that we will play two separate games. I'm sure we'll have our hands full this weekend with the North Shore team, so it might not even get to that.

Cappie,
I don't think the N.S Red socks have been playing all that well lately...They are still at the top of our table in group 1c, but only b/c they were killing teams at the beginning of the year. I could have been fed false information, but I heard they had lost a couple of key players and were struggling with numbers sometimes. But it is cup play, and you never know what can happen!! good luck to you guys this weekend
Muncher

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Captain,how come you guy's get special privledges?
if the league 'rigged' this so we can play each other for the cup/league count for both, it isn't going to happen. SBAA and CI have agreed that we will play two separate games.
What's the point in league rules if people can change them cause they feel like it??Don't get me wrong I agree that it will be a huge game between you and SBAA,but does this mean that you should get 2 separate games when other teams didn't get that choice??By the way only my opinion but I honestly believe both you and SBAA will be promoted!!Spazz see you on sunday and good luck!!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
geeser said:
My predictions for the next round:

Ajax over Pcov
Club I over Red socks
B.Tigers over Van Breakers
Aldergrove over r.Stingrays
Metro Ford over Langley
Delta over S.Rovers
Burnaby Rangers over Dukes
Southside over Surdel

Up for discussion, any thoughts.......

Hey Geeser,

I will agree with all but two games.

Burnaby play at Dukes in Chilliwack and although Dukes looks like they have struggled this year, they still have some talented players. It all depends on which Duke's team shows up for the game.

Surdel is a much stronger team than Southside. We have played both and Surdel is faster and younger.

Aldergrove and Rch Stingrays will be close.

My 2-bits anyway,

CHAB

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Nice bit of scheduling.....BTW, if the league 'rigged' this so we can play each other for the cup/league count for both, it isn't going to happen.

Cappie,

As Conductor said, what is the point of the rules if it was 'rigged' and changed from the schedule but having said that, if you look at the website, they already changed 2 games. Surdel and Langley were suppose to meet up, yet again, based on how the teams finished in the pool play and that has now been changed so they meet different opponents.

CHAB

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Cappie,

As Conductor said, what is the point of the rules if it was 'rigged' and changed from the schedule but having said that, if you look at the website, they already changed 2 games. Surdel and Langley were suppose to meet up, yet again, based on how the teams finished in the pool play and that has now been changed so they meet different opponents.

CHAB
Game H
second in group 2...Southside strikers
VS
second in group 4...tie Langley / Surdel

At first they put Langley in this spot (they had better +/-),but changed it because when they played each other Surdel beat Langley in shoot out,so tied breaker rules apply.So Langley moves up to Game E (wild card spot #2)and play Metro Ford. If you look at it on paper its easy to see it can't be rigged..hmmm

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

If it was a league game that didn't mean promotion, then I could live with it. I don't agree with this but I could live with it. This is too convenient for them to place us against each other at this stage of the competition. We're not looking for special rules here but where does it say in the constitution that we have to do this. It says that the league might double up games to make them cup/league at the same time. There is nothing in the constitution. If you were in this position, would you not want one game to decide the league? The league and cup are two different things and that should never even happen to teams, no matter where they stand in the league. Players pay money at the start of the season to play their allotment of league games(14 isn't many to start with) and should get to play all of them. We were fortunate to only have the one game left but this should not mean we have to combine competitions, especially when there are fields available. I hope this clarifies our position.

INteresting stuff, CHAB. It's amazing how things can change that quickly. :rolleyes:

BTW, Chelsea and Arsenal have decided to combine their FA Cup final with their their last league meeting. This way, they can save the pitch and of course, kill two birds with one stone. Makes sense to me.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
geeser said:
If you look at it on paper its easy to see it can't be rigged..hmmm

Okay, I stand corrected. Forgot what paper was. Need to see things visually. Remember, I Can'tHeadABall so my eyesight is shot. Thanks for the clarification.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duke Shooters are a strong team. Solid sweeper in the back and some fast forwards..... I think they'll knock out Bby Rangers (though no offense to any of the teams :rolleyes: )

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
CHAB, are you using a brail computer? :confused:

Nope, just blind as a bat sometimes, especially under the lights in night games. Actually, I meant that I need to see the playoff breakdown on paper so I know who would play who next and draw the little arrows etc. It was on that spreadsheet the league sent out before the playoffs started. When I just look at the website, it's often confusing because the games are in order of game times and not who would play who next. I hope I have totally confused you now SC. Munchkin will tell you I'm full of contradictions. Just waiting for her to chime in........

CHAB

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey everyone....I'm still here (sometimes)....going through a "trying" time (family stuff).
So, I've not abandonded you all! Good to see so many posts.....took a while to catch up! Yes, we (Wickham) are in the consolation round now and wish we weren't, but we didn't produce enough goals to win (or tie) a few games to stay up. Commitment is key and especially in the playoffs. Afterall, isn't this the time to shine?! A few injuries doesn't help, but that is expected by this time of the season for most teams.
I was hoping to see Club Ireland vs SBAA Ajax in the final too. Without looking at the future progression possibilitis, the posting above say it cannot happen....bummer! I would have gone to watch that one!! Well, good luck to you all.....

Gopher
p.s. N.S. Redsocks are struggling, so Club I. should take them this weekend.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
We're obviously struggling more. :D

Red Sox 2 Club Ireland 0

I guess this kind of ruins the league's thinking.......... ;)

Tough loss Cappie, but it is always tough when you get hit with the injury stick, and probably even tougher after Skinner's broken wrist!! Ouch :( . Sorry to hear about that.

Kerrisdale 5 - Surrey United 0
Finally, a WIN!! and a convincing one at that. It was tied 0-0 at half, and the other team weren't great, but were haning in there at least. We were all over them, but were having trouble getting our shots on net, and their keeper was standing on her head to get the ones that we did put at it :mad: . After half-time they were pretty much done and lined up inside their half waiting for us to come storming in. Happy to say I had a much better game than Tuesday night's debacle. While i'm flattered by the thought that CHAB has some confidence in my ability to play me wherever he needs me, I didn't hold up my end of the bargain that night and had a stinker. Today I got to play my actual position at outside back and felt like i was back home! Made a few foraging runs up the outside to send fear into their defense :rolleyes: !! We had a pretty healthy squad today compared to other days and managed to share the scoring pretty evenly between 4 different players. Felt nice to take it to a team and not collapse and give up a lead.

How did everyone else fare?
Muncher

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koas vs. Fury 2-1
Even matched, clean game but we took advantage of our two opportunities & scored. Must say, it was looking pretty scary in the last 15 minutes but we managed to hold them off to keep the win. (surprised I didn't hack up the lung after being so sick all week!) :eek:

I think Kaos was eager to win to make up for the rest of the season! :D On to West Van Storm.....

The Shamrock Rovers vs. Delta United was a great game to catch..... Delta just squeaked in the winning goal in the last few minutes with a score of 2-1 (heard Delta scored an own goal?? Musta been that roarin fundraiser the night before!)

And it looks like the Duke Shooters pulled out a win too

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:
Today I got to play my actual position at outside back and felt like i was back home!

MUNCHKIN,
Well now, if you are content to play there, I can cross off an outside defender from my shopping list for next season. Get used to it ;). You did look much better on the back and adds an attacking dimension we have been lacking all season. Of course you're giving my centrebacks a stroke every once in a while with your runs. If we stay healthy, then you're safe back there.

SPAZZ,
I would love it if you guys beat West Van. As you know, they are hot and cold. If Brandy H. can get her shots accurate, you'll do fine.

What does anybody say now about Div. 1C? I seem to remember somewhere that we had the weakest pool. That now seems debatable as North Shore and PCOV knocked off Club I (sorry Cappie) and SBAA Ajax. Comments......Geeser, Conductor, Gopher?

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does anybody say now about Div. 1C?

I honestly couldn't tell you. The Red Sox were an older team which works very hard. They are not a skillful team. They are a physical team who have obviously played together awhile. Mitch Ring runs the midfield very well and they have a decent stopper. The rest of the players work hard and get stuck in. To be honest, having played both, Ajax is a lot stronger. We might have given them a better game if we had a sub. We didn't but that is cup play for you. Congrats to the Red Sox and PCOV and the other winners in Division one. Good luck in the quarter-finals.

Hail Hail

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
We might have given them a better game if we had a sub......

Well that answers my question and boy do I know what it's like to not have a sub. Been like that most of the season for us. Anyhow, still think Club I and SBAA Ajax are the top teams this year having seen them all play but I also like PCOV in the mix.

Cheers,

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
MUNCHKIN,
Well now, if you are content to play there, I can cross off an outside defender from my shopping list for next season. Get used to it ;). You did look much better on the back and adds an attacking dimension we have been lacking all season. Of course you're giving my centrebacks a stroke every once in a while with your runs. If we stay healthy, then you're safe back there.

CHAB

don't get me wrong CHAB, I love playing up front, but I just fell that this year I wasn't very good up there. I was helping set up attacks, but I was struggling to put balls into the back of the net myself. I am my own worst critic of course, but after playing outside back again which I haven't done at all this year it felt like putting on a pair of slippers and I was able to attack and create chances for us from back there. You are always welcome to put me as striker 'cuz I love it there, but when I didn't get to play there consistently and went from stopper to sweeper to centre-mid and half a game here or there at striker (which is not your fault b/c you are putting people into positions based on what you have available ;) ) I just wasn't doing a very good job up there. And I think we have some other people who were playing there and doing a better job than me most days!! Maybe next year we will have a stable line-up and won't have to juggle line-ups as much - one can hope at least!!
Muncher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0