Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey gals! Good luck to you both....
My predictions: Yup, B. Rangers are gonna lose vs Kerrisdale who sound like they have some positive focus happenin' 3-0.
PCOV vs W.V. Storm, could be close, but I say PCOV 2-0
Dzunakwa vs S.Strikers, that's easy S.Strikers 5-0
As for us? We will "pull up our socks" from our last (not so graceful) game and tie 1-1....but hopefully pull through with a win 2-1 (FINGERS CROSSED)!!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy on the predictions folks. Let's not paint a big target on my team. We have enough injuries as it is with 7 players unable to play. I'm sure Burnaby will come out better than last week's slaughter but, having said that if Munchkin scores 2 goals or more, there's a McHappy Meal in it for you. Of course I could be full of it and we could be 100% healthy, only I know ;)

As to last week, what happened to West Van. Am I mistaken or did they tie Dzunakwa?

Gopher, not sure about Southside winning 5-0. I'll give them the win but 5-0 is a bit much. However, what do I know anyway. I think if Wickham is as fired up as they say, they may take N.Shore or it'll be a tie.

CHAB

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
I'm sure Burnaby will come out better than last week's slaughter but, having said that if Munchkin scores 2 goals or more, there's a McHappy Meal in it for you.

CHAB

Munchkin...don't let them scam you out of the toy...they tried that with me a while back and I almost went postal!! ;)

striker14

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
...if Munchkin scores 2 goals or more, there's a McHappy Meal in it for you.

As to last week, what happened to West Van. Am I mistaken or did they tie Dzunakwa?

CHAB

hmmm...any kind of Mchappy meal i want?? resorting to bribes are we ;) ? Of course I'll take it mind you! I was reading my post from last day and I think I may have been a bit ambitious in my prediction of our game. I still think we can beat the Rangers, but lets be honest, 5-0 is a bit much. Who knows though, maybe that will give us something to aim for! I also think Wickham (as per their streak lately) can take down N. Shore ot at least get a tie. They (N.S.) didn't look all that strong in their game against PCOV two weekends ago. I think Southside should beat Dzunakwa, but they are the team that doesn't quit, and Southside hasn't won a game yet (at least I don't think so).
Does anyone know if West Van and Dzunakwa actually tied?? I wouldn't have predicted that one for sure...Wonder what happened to West van in that game :eek: ?!

Munchkin...don't let them scam you out of the toy...they tried that with me a while back and I almost went postal!!

striker14

Thanks for the advice Striker. If I actually earn the happy meal, I'll try to remember that :D .

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Does anyone know if West Van and Dzunakwa actually tied?? I wouldn't have predicted that one for sure...Wonder what happened to West van in that game"?!

Yup, apparently that WAS the result - (a tie)? WOW eh? West Van maybe didn't have a full squad, as that it a trait of theirs. Glad that's not me/my team....that is hard to take after a while. Good for Dzunakwa though....a tie is a tie!!!

Munchkin....as I say "go for it"!!! See if you can get that happy meal as your reward - and toy...bonus!!!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure Munchkin will give you a report tomorrow but she didn't earn her McHappy Meal. Had to move her to the back line, again, sorry. We may not be a "baby factory" but we sure are getting shot by snipers. :mad: Not sure how many more injuries we can handle.

Striker14, did you guys play today?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Chab...we got postponed :confused:
Field looked alright to me...people were playin' on it, so I am not sure what happened...Brookmere was the field in Coquitlam...bummer, what sweet weather to play in.

Did you guys win or what?

striker14

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 3 - Rangers 1

The Rangers did go down (yeah!), but not by the score that I'd hoped. They weren't very strong, but they did get a free kick outside the box, and their centre mid rocketed a shot into our net. It was a good goal, but that was the only real chance they had (as far as I can remember). I had a crap game. Felt like I was useless and didn't contribute a thing. Hate that feeling :mad: . Certainly didn't earn my Happy Meal - darnit. We had a couple of strong chances, but couldn't convert. All in all, I'd say we had an OK game, but certainly not one of our best.

How's everyone else do? I haven't checked the scoreboard yet, so am out of the loop.
Muncher

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
No Chab...we got postponed :confused:
Field looked alright to me...people were playin' on it, so I am not sure what happened...Brookmere was the field in Coquitlam...bummer, what sweet weather to play in.

Did you guys win or what?

striker14

Sorry you didn't get to play Striker :mad: . After the first 25 minutes or so and after my toes had thawed, it really was a beautiful day to play. Certainly can't complain about weather like that :D . Weird that the game would be cancelled when others were playing on it, but maybe they weren't supposed to be playing on it :rolleyes: .
Little Person

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot to mention last post that the Rangers are without a doubt the whinniest (sp?) team that we've played so far...They complained that we could "dish it" but couldn't take it - ummm, what game were you playing in girl? We gave it and smoked you with it :D . We took it and smacked you with it too ;) . Stop crying to the ref and play the game.
:rolleyes:
Munchperson

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:
They complained that we could "dish it" but couldn't take it - ummm, what game were you playing in girl?

We did "dish it" and took it, and for our bloody troubles, 2 more injuries. I'll be lucky to field a team next week. Not the most ideal situation against NSRS. Are we the only team that has injuries? I think I am up to 8 or 9 players now. Oh well, next time we play them, I should have 4 or 5 of my starters back in the line-up as the x-mas break will be good to heal the injuries, unless someone gets pregnant :D

Gopher, how was your game?

Looks like a bunch of games were postponed.

CHAB

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, CHAB, we also had to deal with the "rockhard" field (at first) and that effected the beginning of the game....didn't feel we "could go all out" for fear of crackin' your head open or ? The game was fairly even, but we struggled to fill the net! Except a nice run down the field we went and a deflection off one of their d-ders put us on the board!
Overall, we worked our asses off, but come out with a (crappy) loss of 3-1.
We'll getem' next time....on our itty, bitty, (home) field!!!!!!!

Rangers whinny? Yup....they need to respect each other first and then play "together".

Gopher

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is everybody??? Striker, Gopher, CHAB, anyone, anyone? I hope no one has succumbed to the holiday madness this early ;) . I haven't been on in a few days and I am having posting withdrawl - no good. Kerrisdale plays North Shore this weekend, and to be honest, I have no idea which way it will go. N.S. hasn't looked that strong lately, but then again we have been sniped by the injury bug. We've only played them once, and although we lost 2-1, we could have beaten them if we had finished some of our chances.

I am looking forward to our first game back after the Christmas break. Actually, I'm not looking forward to the pain that comes with being out of shape, but we get to play the Rangers again!! Can't wait to shove their whinging and complaining down their throats. I'm confidently hoping we will give 'em what for yet again :D . I don't know who plays whom this weekend, but good luck to all. Any predictions?

Happy festivus everyone :) .
Muncher

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am here...I am here!! :wa:

I have been waiting for some life in this post! Remember...nobody chats in the lowly Div 2 thread, so I have to take advantage of you Ladies and chat with you.

We play on Sunday, 10am vs. Burnaby Shooters...should be good because we tied them 2-2 last game and our game was cut short because of "Hollywood" the Ref. His panties were getting wet in the rain, so he cut out game short by 1/2 hour...brutal!! Decent team...they have really picked up since last year. We should beat them...we had momentum going last game after tying it up with 10 minutes to go, so it shall be interesting...Eton Park (Burnaby)

Good luck to all...and words of wisdom to all Christmas Shoppers:

HEAD DOWN...ELBOWS UP...GO GET EM'

striker14

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
His panties were getting wet in the rain, so he cut out game short by 1/2 hour...brutal!! .........

striker14

Yeah, it was getting lonely without you Striker. I told you you would be lonely in the Div. 2 thread. You could chat with Mackers in Div. 3 but Div. 1 is where it's at. Would be nice to have more teams from the other pools though.

As to the panties comment, easy with that....... I remember discussing that very topic with Spazz a few months ago. How is she anyway? Did he really leave the game with 30 minutes to go??? He can't do that, can he??

As to Munchkin's comment about Burnaby, I anticipate all my players healthy by that game and then maybe Munchkin can earn that McHappy Meal. I'll up the bride with you Munchkin. You score 3 goals and I'll throw in desert.

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Did he really leave the game with 30 minutes to go??? He can't do that, can he??

As to Munchkin's comment about Burnaby, I anticipate all my players healthy by that game and then maybe Munchkin can earn that McHappy Meal. I'll up the bride with you Munchkin. You score 3 goals and I'll throw in desert.

CHAB

That's it CHAB...I'm going to have to hold you to that bribe now that you've added dessert to the pot!!! Of course I could be shooting myself in the foot, but who cares, I'm going for it :D !!

That sucks that your ref called the game half an hour early. I didn't think he could do that either!! Unless of course you guys had all gotten out of hand and were throwing fists and other things ;) But since that wasn't the case, what gives?? He robbed you of the opportunity to score more!!

I didn't check the league site, but did anybody play this weekend?? I know a whole bunch of fields were closed, but I thought some all weather fields might have been playable.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:
That sucks that your ref called the game half an hour early. I didn't think he could do that either!! Unless of course you guys had all gotten out of hand and were throwing fists and other things ;) But since that wasn't the case, what gives?? He robbed you of the opportunity to score more!!

Oops, typing difficulties....that part was for you Striker :) .

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:

EXACTLY!! Well...what happened was, at the beginning of the game, he wanted to cancel it...2 games were before us, and so I think he was just wet and cranky and was saying shite like, "if the Parks Board drives by I could be fined, as well as you guys" which is bull shite!! Both our Coach and their Coach agreed to play...we were already wet :p and so LET'S DO IT! We play...1/2 hour in...whistle blows :confused: and we are like "what the fcuk" and when our Coach asks, he says "I am cutting it short due to the field." We were choked...we said that if he was that persistent, we should have been told at the beginning that he was gonna call it short...but he didn't even say anything. Man...both sides were pissed, but oh well...we'll have to meet again in the New Year!

We didn't play...Eton Park is the shites so there was no way. Anyone play?

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man...this thread has some serious cobwebs growin' on it...anyone alive?
I realize there is no soccer...and it SUCKS, but we can still chat ya know?
Anything new goin' on in anyone's lives?
Season starts January 16th...WOO HOO!! Hopefully the fcuken rain stops...I don't mind a bit of cold...just stop the rain!!

MERRY HO HO TO ALL...BEST WISHES IN 2005

striker14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0