Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Yeah, you may now have to play in goal now. Somebody take PCOV out and get them hammered, please!
CHAB

You can put me in net, but I warn you that I am like swiss cheese in there - full of holes :eek: . It is not a pretty sight. Though I'm sure PCOV would thank you for it, the rest of us might lynch you! Since we have a backup keeper that is probably pretty darn good (not that I've seen her play there yet, but I hear good things as she was a BC team keeper), do you take bribes??? :D I think most of us will be willing to offer up something in return for keeping us as far away from the inside of the net as possible ;) .

Magic

Oct 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 1
Southside Strikers 0

The winning streak is alive but we just squeaked by today. We didn't play very well, but to the Strikers credit they played much better than the last time we saw them. I thought they'd be a lot easier considering they haven't won a game yet. But I just checked out the league scoreboard and the Strikers have been within a goal for most of their games. I think we've got a pretty evenly matched pool considering.

Magic.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well just found out that the real score was 6 or 7-0 in the rangers vs N.S red socks game.I must say OldChick your team may have been struggling before but after your chicken sh** attack against one of your own players on here,I almost think your team is done for the year.
first of all I hope that all members of this post is reading this closely...especially SPAZZ (a.k.a. ******)..., I am a player (veteren) of the Burnaby Rangers.
You claim you are a veteran but I personally am thankful that I haven't yet and hopefully never will come across rookies that are teammates like your kind.From what I've heard about your team,you were already struggling to get players out.
I won't air out our dirty laundry on this post
No looks like you are a one hit wonder!!Now go back under your rock. p.s.if you are gonna give someone's moniker up then at least have the class to come on with your real name

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
O.K. now that my tirade is over,Vancouver Fury beat Richmond Shooters in an entertaining game 4-2.It was 1-1 at the half with Richmond taking the lead about 15 min into the 2nd.Then Kelly K popped 2 in a 5 min span.We got the insurance with about 6min left in the game.Also heard that Club I won 2-0 over Delta.

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, although we (Wickham) pulled off a win, by the skin of our chinny-chin-chin, I give much credit to all you S. Strikers for your great effort of "shutting us down". We could not get creative - to get some decent shots away, thanks to the (opposing) defense. It was quite the battle!!!
Munckin, the web site is not showing your score? I am curious to know how your game vs PCOV turned out?
As for the comments from Oldchick......I am also a veteran and would never do what you did over TTP? That was down right wrong. It is NOT a place to vent such a strong opinion through your venumous attack. Not to mention exposing her name? Hey we all have feelings/thoughts and even though she, SPAZZ, "slagged" my team, I didn't get all personal....just turned it on back onto the soccer field - where it should be. You need to deal with personal stuff in an appropriate way.
Lastly, from one veteran to another, don't be doin' that shite on this supposedly "fun" site.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
go for it said:
As for the comments from Oldchick......I am also a veteran and would never do what you did over TTP? That was down right wrong. It is NOT a place to vent such a strong opinion through your venumous attack. Not to mention exposing her name? Hey we all have feelings/thoughts and even though she, SPAZZ, "slagged" my team, I didn't get all personal....just turned it on back onto the soccer field - where it should be. You need to deal with personal stuff in an appropriate way.

Good on ya go for it...that's exactly the way it is supposed to be!! I am glad to hear that you don't agree with oldchick1 because that was just wrong! This site is for slaggin' and "taking the piss" and if you can't handle it...throw in the TTP towel and BEAT IT!!

striker14

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
go for it said:
Munckin, the web site is not showing your score? I am curious to know how your game vs PCOV turned out?

Kerrisdale 0- PCOV 2
I have been neglectful of my duties ;) ! Our computer is sick and it had to go to the doctor on Saturday morning, so no updates until now!! Our game was a good battle. It was an unfortunate result for us, but we were in the game the whole time. They got a cheeky first goal (chipped over our keeper - a good shot actually), and then a second (debatable call in my opinion) from a free kick on the line of the 18 yard box. We had a couple of quality chances, but couldn't convert - darnit. It really was a fun game though. I think our team is really starting to come together... we were decimated by injuries this week (I think we had 1 healthy sub), and people were playing out of position, but we did well!!
I was glad to hear that the Rangers went down in flames :D . I know that is not chivalrous of me, and there are probably players on the team that are very nice people and not so cowardly as oldchick, but for some reason I just don't have any feelings of good will towards them as a whole right now :confused: . Good for you Wickham to squeek out a win!! It is the pitts when you are the better team on the park, but you play like cr*p, and let the other team right back into it!! It is even worse when you end up losing the game, so well done to keep the 3 points.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:
Kerrisdale 0- PCOV 2
..... and then a second (debatable call in my opinion) from a free kick on the line of the 18 yard box.

Debatable or not, it was a lucky goal. Free kick hits the crossbar and nailed the PCOV player right in the head as she ran in for the rebound and goes into the net. She didn't even head it, quick smack right on the noggin. You have to be lucky to win also. Of course there is that one player on their team who I swear was shot by snipers at least 5 times. Get off the ground girl!

Looking forward to Burnaby this coming week. I will have to play Munchin up front, maybe she'll score this time on some of the chances. Well try to get you a few more wide open nets to score on, and place the target in the corners, not on the goalie's chest. ;)

CHAB

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
I will have to play Munchin up front, maybe she'll score this time on some of the chances. Well try to get you a few more wide open nets to score on, and place the target in the corners, not on the goalie's chest. ;)

CHAB

OUCH!! That has got to sting...

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
OUCH!! That has got to sting...

Sad part of it is....it's true :mad: !!. My scoring touch has gone out the window (if it was ever there in the first place). I seem to have an amazing ability to shoot dead centre at the goalie's chest....might as well put a target there. In my defense however, (hang on-I have to toot my own horn here to make myself feel better for having shite finish) I think that I do create a fair bit of havoc upfront and I am pretty good at setting things up. I mean I am a defender after all!! but CHAB has every right to have a go - I think I only have 2 goals so far on at least 10 chances!! Sad stats for me. I feel like I hit PANIC mode when it is time to shoot :confused: ??

Gimme an empty net any day... I'll take it, that's for sure!! At least I won't have to worry about hitting the goalie with it :D .

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Hmmm.... 2 goals yup, oh wait....... it was against Dzunakwa :D

CHAB

Hey CHAB....SHUT IT ;) !! Play me up front more than the 2 or 3 games I've had so far and I'll work out the finishing kinks and make you eat your words :D !! HMMM....them sounds like fightin' words :eek: . ha ha

Munchkin

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"oldchick1 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

I went to send oldchick another friendly "hello" and this is the message I got...CNUT!! I can imagine how many PM's she is getting...ha ha ha

striker14

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
....."****" That was the same message I received from Jinky when I asked him the Rangers vs Celtic score from the weekend??? Hmmm must be a menopause thing.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which weekend Ginge? I'll see if I can get back to you.

By the way since you're so interested in all things Hoopy,

Barcelona 1

Celtic 1

at the Camp Nou I might add.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC & Jinky,

Please continue in either the Scotland or Champions League forums.

Cheers,

~Regs.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmm...since Kerrisdale is playing the Rangers this weekend, and their team seems to be self-destructing, I am going to go out on a limb and predict that they are going to go down 5-0!! I hope I am not shooting myself in the foot (at least it's not the goalie's chest!), but I really think we have been playing better as a team, and from all accounts, the Rangers have been falling down a big, bottomless black hole! Anyone have any thoughts for any other game (or our game too)?? I can't remember who plays whom else.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin...I predict you will beat the Rangers 4-0 (crossing fingers)
I would come and watch that game, but our game has been changed to 10:00am because our home field, Templeton, is a disaster!! :(

Good luck...I can't wait to hear the results...GO GET EM'

striker14

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Munchkin...I predict you will beat the Rangers 4-0 (crossing fingers)
I would come and watch that game, but our game has been changed to 10:00am because our home field, Templeton, is a disaster!! :(

Good luck...I can't wait to hear the results...GO GET EM'

striker14

Thanks for the good thoughts Striker :D . Good luck in your game too!! I hope you beat them senseless !! well, not senseless, but give them a good thrashing. It's too bad you couldn't come out to watch, but maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0