Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct. '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selbbep:

Check out the meanings of the smilies by rolling over them, and then re-read what I posted. I know sarcasm is not always easy to follow, but lighten up already...

Like I said, when I was a member of a non-MWSL league executive, I had to put up with holier-than-thou calls and email messages from Parks Board reps about area parents or youth coaches complaining about behaviour and language of teams in our league. These people were a royal pain in the arse because they were always so sanctimonious, but you still had to take them seriously because THEY HAD THE ABILITY TO TAKE YOUR FIELDS AWAY.

Striker14:

Call all you like. We got the speech this year, we got it last year, and we got it the year before. We get the emails, too. No, we don't always get the follow-up, but there are a handfull of refs in the men's game who will take this call seriously. No, I realize that there is definitely a double standard this way, and that there are nowhere near as many men's refs as women's who have such "sensitive" ears.

No, I don't like it either. Expressing your frustration with yourself or teammates on the field is something you should be able to do without being slapped down for not being "ladylike" enough (whatever that means).

When will this change? Only when there are more women reffing at a senior level. Until then, yes, I agree: you're stuck with the sexist donkeys you've been getting, and they're not all Euros.

Trece

Sloan08

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
IamCanadian said:
haha I remember one year quite a while ago there was this one mom on the sidelines who was yelling at every player on my team. I think by the end of the game she had called every player on my team a B*#^h!!! :eek:

Ha Ha Ha...is this the game I am thinking of when the girl on their team freaked out on me for saying the ball was completely over the line and their moms on the sideline were calling L.M. a C*^%??
That was an intense game IAMCANADIAN...if its the same one it was hilarious...

Can*Shock

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sloan08 said:
Ha Ha Ha...is this the game I am thinking of when the girl on their team freaked out on me for saying the ball was completely over the line and their moms on the sideline were calling L.M. a C*^%??
That was an intense game IAMCANADIAN...if its the same one it was hilarious...

Ya I remember that one, but I can't remember who we were playing all I remember was what was happening on the pitch and on the sidelines.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
....you're stuck with the sexist donkeys you've been getting, and they're not all Euros.
Trece / Spazz, I hope you're not referring to me:rolleyes: you muppets but you're not too far off.:D, about the donkey comment.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
No, I don't like it either. Expressing your frustration with yourself or teammates on the field is something you should be able to do without being slapped down for not being "ladylike" enough (whatever that means).
Ironic that you mention frustration with your teammates. We had a premier game a couple of years back where we were tied 0-0 and we shouldn't have been. One of our subs comes on and after less than five minutes in an intense game, she tries to get a teammate going by telling her: "C'mon, don't fcuking give up on that play". It wasn't even with an angry tone, just like c'mon don't give up, you can do it and the ref gave her a straight red!! - no warning, not even a yellow - a straight red for one swear word to her teammate. :mad:

Then with a few minutes left the other team's right back throws the ball in to her keeper and she tells her to pick it up, which the keeper does just as I am about to steal it from her and he says it's allowed and to play on - far be it for me to think that such a play was disallowed over 10 years ago. Needless to say he was definitely one of the over 50 group and would never ref a men's div. 3 game but it's okay for him to ref a Premier women's. :rolleyes:

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
... she tries to get a teammate going by telling her: "C'mon, don't fcuking give up on that play". It wasn't even with an angry tone, just like c'mon don't give up, you can do it and the ref gave her a straight red!! - no warning, not even a yellow - a straight red for one swear word to her teammate. :mad:

It's unfortunate that some of these refs are just on a power trip. They get a shiny whistle handed to them and they suddenly think they are high and mighty. It's too bad for the few (very few) good refs out there...these bad refs are giving all refkind a bad name...

If they would just stop being so whistle happy....maybe we could actually play a full game of soccer...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selbbep said:
It's unfortunate that some of these refs are just on a power trip. They get a shiny whistle handed to them and they suddenly think they are high and mighty. It's too bad for the few (very few) good refs out there...these bad refs are giving all refkind a bad name...

If they would just stop being so whistle happy....maybe we could actually play a full game of soccer...

Yah! So true. Rock on.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict the Jags to win even though I don't even know who they're playing... they're on a winning streak at the moment... :eek:

And since I don't know any of the rest of you, I predict you will all post "good luck" to eachother :rolleyes: until you all scrap in your upcoming games... then all hell breaks loose on this thread and entertains me yet again.

But that's just my 2 cents...:D

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's a brave pediction ...are we talking GEU jags or Vancouver jags?
as far as good luck to all...i'm just looking forward to the sh** thatll hit the fan after this weekend

we've all been cooped up drinking and eating turkey ...our release back into the wild of he pitch may not be well recieved....let the games begin!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
killerboot13 said:
that's a brave pediction ...are we talking GEU jags or Vancouver jags?

I am thinkin' she means us...Van Jag's...and yes, I predict a win for us as well over the Mavericks. We have met this team a few times over the years, and if I remember correctly, they are usually pretty good games!

Van Jags vs Mavericks 3-0
Vanguards vs Meralomas 3-1
Breakers vs Sonics 2-2
Bombastic vs Delta Rangers 4-3

Good luck to all

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
And since I don't know any of the rest of you, I predict you will all post "good luck" to eachother :rolleyes: until you all scrap in your upcoming games... then all hell breaks loose on this thread and entertains me yet again.

How very, very true. I was just thinking that it's very strange how polite everyone has been lately, but as soon as Sunday night rolls around, this Board will be full of "so-and-so is such a bitch" and "We had the absolute worst ref in the world".... Love it!

So good luck to all...
Lightning - We'll see you on the pitch! :wa:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bring out your wellies and parka's people...it looks like we are gonna be rained on this weekend. :(

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Bring out your wellies and parka's people...it looks like we are gonna be rained on this weekend. :(

I don't care if we're rained ON, as long as we're not rained OUT.

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby - Any word on how many games your girl gets for the incident that happened during the game against the Cowgirls?

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selbbep said:
Burnaby - Any word on how many games your girl gets for the incident that happened during the game against the Cowgirls?

what team are you from?
And she got 2 games, the one mandatory for the red plus one

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to all.
Hope this thread gets a little more exciting tomorrow since play is resuming after our turkey break!!! :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0