Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct. '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posts about all the Division 2 fights, er, I mean soccer games ;) can be continued here.

Have at 'er ladies!!

Sloan08

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Wings!! You guys were our strongest competition as well so far...right up there with Poco!!:bronco: . Looking forward to a fun-filled competitive game the next time around. See you in 6 weeks!! Good luck in two weeks everyone!!

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is PoCo this year? Still fast as ever?? If Lightning is the same as last year, they've got two speedy forwards we're gonna have to contend with...their forwards might even be faster than yours (though they don't really turn it on all the time...)

Sloan08

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly don't remember the specifics of the game against POCO...just know it was a scoreless game.
Afternoon game though...you know how those go!! Everyones hangovers have kicked in real good by then!! ha ha ha...
B-Can, Can*Shock, IAMCANADIAN...do you guys remember???

Lightning from last year, we only played them twice. If it is the same team we are thinking of they are very quick moving the ball with smart midfields and a couple stellar forwards...beat us both times...But still have to see them play to be sure its that team.

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep...gotta love playin the afternoon game with a hangover...When you play in the morning, you just get up and go...in the afternoon you have too much time to think about it...

Hmmm...suppose I'll have to go out Friday night instead of Saturday cuz our game against Lightning is at Noon!

It sounds like you're remembering the right team...couple of good mids, 2 great forwards, and a sweeper who just boots the ball down field. They basically carry the rest of the team but it seems to be working...To each thier own, I guess.

I'm glad to see our group is extremely competitive this year. Makes it better when we start crossing over for playoffs cuz I'm sure our group has most of the toughest teams in the league.

Lush

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
cuz I'm sure our group has most of the toughest teams in the league.

I have to disagree with you on this one.
but I guess we'll find out in playoff season...

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just going by what I remember from last year...the first and second place team were both from our group.

We finished middle of our group last year, and had to play the consolation side after losing our playoff rounds...we cruised through the consolation side, playing only teams from other groups.

The teams in our group haven't changed much (if anything, they've gotten better), so unless some major changes have been happening in the other groups, I'm expecting a team from our group to win it all again this year.

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't remember Poco as being too fast... more of a passing team, if I remember correctly they play the outside and cross into the middle game. The game we played did end up 0-0 but we didn't capitalize on many chances. Definitely did not play our best game.

Can*Shock

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I Guess We are missing soccer this weekend because of Thanksgiving so I will wish all the teams a happy and safe thanksgiving. Don't eat too much turkey. See you guys in two weeks. I can't wait so excited for turkey.

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to vent about something...
I for one am tired of being repeatedly told by refs before the game to keep foul language out of the game. I have been to too many games of my dad's to count and have never heard the guys teams told by a ref that "I will not tolerate ANY foul language on the field". Coming from the mouth of a trucker, what the fcuk! I have in the past had to appologise for an outburst such as "SHITE!" on the field (not directed at anyone, just anguish) which i KNOW the men on my dad teams would not be subjected to.

Thanksforlistening,tuneinnexttime!

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
killerboot13 said:
I for one am tired of being repeatedly told by refs before the game to keep foul language out of the game. I have been to too many games of my dad's to count and have never heard the guys teams told by a ref that "I will not tolerate ANY foul language on the field". Coming from the mouth of a trucker, what the fcuk! I have in the past had to appologise for an outburst such as "SHITE!" on the field (not directed at anyone, just anguish) which i KNOW the men on my dad teams would not be subjected to.

I know what you mean! the other Shock players will know who I'm talking about but there is a particular ref in burnaby who tells us before each and every game that it is a "public park" and he will not tolerate swearing on the field. Then when you do let the odd word slip out he gets up in your face and yells at you.....:mad: Sometimes you just can't help it!!!

B~Canadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
IamCanadian said:
I know what you mean! the other Shock players will know who I'm talking about but there is a particular ref in burnaby who tells us before each and every game that it is a "public park" and he will not tolerate swearing on the field. Then when you do let the odd word slip out he gets up in your face and yells at you.....:mad: Sometimes you just can't help it!!!

O my, this is probably one of the most frustrating parts of the game, when you get a ref that is so anal about swearing, but exacley what was said, we cant help it, it just slips out sometimes. Why should we be treated differently than the mens teams? No offence to anyone, but i usually have a problem w/ the european referees, & they are not hard to pick out. There not just anal about swearing, but god forbid the game gets a little competative and physical..then that whistle never leaves his lips!:mad: LET US PLAY OUR GAME!

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
I'm just going by what I remember from last year...the first and second place team were both from our group.

This is true. If I rememer correctly the top teams were Coquitlam City, Golden Ears Lightning and Burnaby Shooters??? I know that my team got into the championship round and we beat the Semiahmoo team from another division that was undefeated in the regular season and it wasn't a super difficult game.;)
Good prediction Wings!!! I agree!

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
the points are given when you make posts. They can then be used for vbookie events to gamble or to purchase icons, etc. in the tStore. Check out those sections of TTP to get an explanation of each.

How is it determined how many points you get for a post? I've noticed that there is a wide variety in the amount of points given for a post and was wondering the reason for this... Thanks!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IamCanadian said:
How is it determined how many points you get for a post? I've noticed that there is a wide variety in the amount of points given for a post and was wondering the reason for this... Thanks!
On every page that you can post on here is a legend near the bottom explaining what you can and can't use in your posts - you'll find specific point totals as well that are specific to that area.

I really need to review these but that's the gist of it.

Best place to get the points besides posting is in the arcade - get the highest score on any game to claim the jackpot.

Or buy a lottery ticket from the tstore and piss off BJB and KNVB (I think they're lovers - shhhhh, don't tell anyone!).

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
killerboot13 said:

I agree! The men get a way with it but if we do then we're either carded or threatened with a card. So long as the swearing isn't directed at anyone (besides yourself!) then it shouldn't be such a big deal. However I do find it annoying when there's a yappy broad screachin out curse after curse just to hear the sound of her own redneck voice. (why do I picture Striker here?! ;) )

But we once had a ref who heard one of our players swear and he stopped the game and went right up to her and said "You were pretty until you opened your mouth!" :eek: I would've told him to Fcuk himself!

B~Canadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
I agree! The men get a way with it but if we do then we're either carded or threatened with a card. So long as the swearing isn't directed at anyone (besides yourself!) then it shouldn't be such a big deal. However I do find it annoying when there's a yappy broad screachin out curse after curse just to hear the sound of her own redneck voice. (why do I picture Striker here?! ;) )

But we once had a ref who heard one of our players swear and he stopped the game and went right up to her and said "You were pretty until you opened your mouth!" :eek: I would've told him to Fcuk himself!

Are you serious??? wow i think i would have been speachless..

Referee

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
killerboot13 said:

Unfortunately, the league wants us to card for the foul language. Each referee is different. I, for one, would just talk to the player quietly and not make a scene of it. But if it is directed at anyone, then it would be red card.

Referees are taught the 3 P's - Personal, Public and Provocative. If dissent or foul language meets the 3 P's criteria, then it is a card accordingly.

It is usually the older referees that gives a full pre-game speech to the players and unfortunately there are some old farts that shouldn't be refereeing at all.

Can*Shock

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is usually the older referees that gives a full pre-game speech to the players and unfortunately there are some old farts that shouldn't be refereeing at all.[/quote]

I agree with that some referee's should not be refereeing, the ones that are too old or too tired to keep up with the game. As for the foul language it slips out sometimes but unless it is directed at anyone I don't think you should get a card for it. I sometimes say it out loud but most of the time I say it in my head or under my breath. We don't want to see cards it takes the fun out of soccer. I play to be competitive and to have fun. I just want to play!!!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee said:
Unfortunately, the league wants us to card for the foul language. Each referee is different. I, for one, would just talk to the player quietly and not make a scene of it. But if it is directed at anyone, then it would be red card.

Referees are taught the 3 P's - Personal, Public and Provocative. If dissent or foul language meets the 3 P's criteria, then it is a card accordingly.

It is usually the older referees that gives a full pre-game speech to the players and unfortunately there are some old farts that shouldn't be refereeing at all.

In women's they are more strict than men's and that's not fair! Surprised they don't make us play in skirts and have tea at halftime! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0