Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct. '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with that some referee's should not be refereeing, the ones that are too old or too tired to keep up with the game.

That's all of our refs really... we get the ones the men would NEVER take!

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
that was my point more than anything...not so much that we shouldnt swear, more that it is unjust that the men get different treatment, i mean, i know we're the inferior sex ;) but come on! i was so angry last game thinking about all thats said at guys games, and there i was made to appologise to some asshole ref when i said sh** after a lousy play. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
*bleep, bleep, bleepin, bleeeeeeeeeeeep------this program is rated R for inapropriate content*

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with this one. As long as you aren't directing it at anyone, and you're not screaming it at the top of your lungs, why does it matter? I particularily hate this rule because my choice phrase when I'm frustrated is "for f***s sake".

So far, so good this year...haven't had any warnings for it...although we haven't played in Burnaby yet.

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you do play in Burnaby if we get the ref I'm talking about you'll know it after the ref's meeting with your team. I think his words will pretty much be "This is a public and family park so no swearing will be tolerated" and then you'll really know if you let it slip during the game!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may be waaaaaaaay outta line saying this, but, the Referee's we get can be considered "sloppy second's" because the Men's League doesn't want em'...they don't want to Referee kids, so, they come and Ref us, which makes them feel high and mighty I suppose :confused: so when we swear, they can pull the high and mighty on us and it makes them feel better about themselves...that's the only explanation I have...really!

Plus...I don't think we have a Referee younger than 50 in our League, do we?

A friend of mine got yellow carded for belching...:eek:
The reason..."it's not lady like" FCUK LADY LIKE...we're battling out here on the pitch every Sunday...if someone has to burp, let 'er rip...what's the problem?

I got yellowed once because I got knocked down hard...I was on my knees (insert joke here)...I slammed my hands on the ground in frustration, not in any general direction, and said "COME ON!!" and that was it...TWEET...yellow card! :eek:

it's a joke...I could go on and on and on and on...............

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I got yellowed once because I got knocked down hard...I was on my knees (insert joke here)...I slammed my hands on the ground in frustration, not in any general direction, and said "COME ON!!" and that was it...TWEET...yellow card! :eek:

I completely agree that it's a joke. I was yellow carded once for AGREEING with the ref. He told me to keep quiet and I said "yes ok". Tweet....yellow card!!! What the F**K?:confused:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladies:

I hate to say it, but "Referee" is right. I did time on a league executive (no, not the MWSL) thousands of years ago, and I have actually received "foul language complaints" from parks boards before (yes, about the men's teams). The worst complaints came from Vancouver and Maple Ridge, followed by Coquitlam. Usually, it only becomes an issue at the bigger parks, where you have more than one field with multiple games going on, and kids' teams playing beside or after adult teams.

Yes, the refs come out with this statement every year (and yes, the mens' league refs give the same speech at the beginning of our games too), just like your team managers all get email from the leagues with the same message: "we have decided to crack down on foul language on the field."

All of this happens because we're paranoid about losing our field allotments. It's hard enough getting a field to play on let alone a decent one, without losing it because somebody with Tourette's lets fly every 3 minutes in front of a sideline full of impressionable 12 year olds and their parents...:rolleyes: Kind of like also setting a great example by being louder over your team cooler than the lot on the other sideline. Never fails to impress the Park Nazis that way either.

Essentially, yes, we are at the mercy of people with nothing better to do with their time, and yes, they can take away our fields.

Trece

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Yes, the refs come out with this statement every year (and yes, the mens' league refs give the same speech at the beginning of our games too), just like your team managers all get email from the leagues with the same message: "we have decided to crack down on foul language on the field."

I call bull shite on that one...sorry...as if the men get this speech...come on!!!! are you kidding me? And, if they are, where is the follow up?!! I was just at a game last week, where I shite ya not...my ears were bleeding after due to the language and not ONCE were the players spoken to...so, I call bull shite!!

It's a one way street Trece...it's rare as is that you hear a women's player take it as far as getting warned, but when we do, it's like we just murdered a small child...you know it...I know it...we all know it...and we'll continue to b*tch about it until we're blue in the face, and it'll never change...

FCUK!! :eek: ;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I may be waaaaaaaay outta line saying this, but, the Referee's we get can be considered "sloppy second's" because the Men's League doesn't want em'...they don't want to Referee kids, so, they come and Ref us, which makes them feel high and mighty I suppose :confused: so when we swear, they can pull the high and mighty on us and it makes them feel better about themselves...that's the only explanation I have...really!

Plus...I don't think we have a Referee younger than 50 in our League, do we?

I think little "Hitler" is under 50 but definitely a power-tripper... just cause you're a 4"1 man does not make you more powerful and someone should squash the little Fcukker!

And Striker... your bedroom games with your hubby is not meant for this thread!

Nice Avtar by the way. Classic

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't understand those people who call in and whine that someone cussed during a game. C'mon people - you chose to stand on the sidelines of an adult competitive game - Deal with it! As if there aren't plenty of parks they could visit that don't have soccer fields in them...

As for the impressionable little kids, who cares??? They're soccer players - They're gonna grow up to be little shite disturbers regardless of the language we use. ;)

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for anyone from Shock - Any word on how many games your girl who got red is out for?? I'm not trying to stir up any shite, I'm just curious.

One of our girls got red a couple games ago and she hasn't even gone to "soccer court" yet...she already missed her one mandatory game but it looks like she's gonna miss another one cuz the Board can't get their act together and have a hearing. It's complete Bull...they basically made up thier mind before she even got to tell her side....

Can*Shock

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
In women's they are more strict than men's and that's not fair! Surprised they don't make us play in skirts and have tea at halftime! :mad:

I agree with that its not fair and if soccer changes into that I probably won't be playing too girlie for me :rolleyes:

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Question for anyone from Shock - Any word on how many games your girl who got red is out for?? I'm not trying to stir up any shite, I'm just curious.

She has her hearing thing on the 14th so won't know until then

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I call bull shite on that one...sorry...as if the men get this speech...come on!!!! are you kidding me? And, if they are, where is the follow up?!! I was just at a game last week, where I shite ya not...my ears were bleeding after due to the language and not ONCE were the players spoken to...so, I call bull shite!!

Thank you!...*applause* i agree, bull shite...my dad used to buy the newbies on his team a round if he heard them swear from across the pitch
:confused: :mad:

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
All of this happens because we're paranoid about losing our field allotments. It's hard enough getting a field to play on let alone a decent one, without losing it because somebody with Tourette's lets fly every 3 minutes in front of a sideline full of impressionable 12 year olds and their parents...:rolleyes:

Trece

Impressionable 12 year olds and thier PARENTS?..... First of all.....shouldn't they (parents) be talking to their kids when the foul language is heard and letting them know that they shouldn't use those words?

And secondly , they're children....they watch tv....tv doesn't "bleep" out too much these days and I don't see the tv companies being punished for it so why should we??

You hear these bad words anywhere you go....supermarket...movies...the list is endless...are they gonna hand out punishments at every public establishment for poor language? I think not so GET OFF OUR BACKS ALREADY!!!

Complete Bull!!:mad:

Soccer_girl18

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is funny when it is the parents that start swearing on the sidelines...yet we can't say a word when we are being competitive on the pitch?

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer_girl18 said:
I think it is funny when it is the parents that start swearing on the sidelines...yet we can't say a word when we are being competitive on the pitch?

haha I remember one year quite a while ago there was this one mom on the sidelines who was yelling at every player on my team. I think by the end of the game she had called every player on my team a B*#^h!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0