Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct. '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
IamCanadian said:
what team are you from?
And she got 2 games, the one mandatory for the red plus one

I am from the Cowgirls.
I was curious as one of our girls has the automatic game plus 3 for questioning calls the ref made.

Seems unfair to me....

How did everyone do today? Sure was wet!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Jaguars 0 Van Mavericks 1

What a game! Back and forth action all game...very wet, lotsa puddles, so it was tough to get a good pass together, it was chip it up or lose it.

They had about 6 or 7 breakaways on me, and the last one they got slid under my arm on a toe punt from their forward. I dove the right way, but it was just too quick :eek:

We had lots of chances to tie it up, even put it away...we were definately in their end about 85% of the game...good battle!

Hard luck for us...Ref was horrible...but, I won't even get into that...he wasn't the reason we lost, but definately took a couple of good runs away calling us offside, from the other half of the field...unbelievable.

striker14

steffie

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
it saddens me to say that the lush puppies perfect record was shattered today, we lost 3-0 to the langley cyclones. at half time, the ref talked to one of our girls about their coaches, as they were encouraging dirty and rough play on the field. the game could have gotten REALLY out of hand if the ref hadn't heard the coaches from the sidelines and started calling the dirty play. really unclassy, dirty team to play against, we await the re-match...

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Steffie
good to see your team doing so good! We will be back playing you guys next season (if you stay in div 2) also thanks for your support ALDERGROVE SLIDERS!

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cowgirls 2 Lightning 3

Started off well...Cowgirls score 2 header goals off some beauty corner kicks...half time, we're up by 2.

Lightning comes out strong in the second half, Cowgirls have a major breakdown and Lightning pops in 3 goals...

Not much to say...we fell apart...

On another note...anyone who read about the garbage that happened in our game against the Shock knows a Shock player attacked our girl from behind and took her out, while the ball wasn't even in play! I was disgusted to hear that she only got her one mandatory game suspension, plus one additional game. Meanwhile, in a different game, a player on our team got a yellow for questioning a call (with a little extra chatter after), then a second yellow for a hard tackle (which she got the ball....and both teams were wondering what the call was) and she got her mandatory game, plus 4 more!!! I couldn't believe it....Another major f**k up by the disciplinary committee....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
On another note...anyone who read about the garbage that happened in our game against the Shock knows a Shock player attacked our girl from behind and took her out, while the ball wasn't even in play! I was disgusted to hear that she only got her one mandatory game suspension, plus one additional game. Meanwhile, in a different game, a player on our team got a yellow for questioning a call (with a little extra chatter after), then a second yellow for a hard tackle (which she got the ball....and both teams were wondering what the call was) and she got her mandatory game, plus 4 more!!! I couldn't believe it....Another major f**k up by the disciplinary committee....

Sorry to hear it Wingsy...I've been on the sh*t end of that stick...it's all a mess with this committee...it's basically made up whoever isn't on the 2 teams involved, and whoever has the evening off to come down to the office, read some notes, state their opinions, and it's based on that...NOT by the book as they say...not at all...it's a joke!
I got 10 games for fighting a few years back...fine...but, my teammate got 6 games for swearing and a lil' push...and, my other teammate got 6 games for defending herself in the same broo ha ha...she is about 110 soaking wet...she is about 5' 5"...and she was given 6 games for supposedly "moving forward towards the opposing player, kicking and punching anything in her way"...ha ha ha...this explanation was given by the Referee who didn't even show up for the committee meeting...it's a joke

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what really gets me goin is that our girl who got taken out isn't back to full speed yet...so the Shock girl will be back and playing in no time...meanwhile our girl is stuck playing at half speed and goin to physio...It's major BS.

I'd like to know how you get on that committee...

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they need to post their guidelines that they apparantly follow when giving out these suspensions. Maybe then we will all understand where they are coming from. Although I highly doubt it!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
I'd like to know how you get on that committee...

Easy...you volunteer...that's the sad part...this is the DISCIPLINE part of the MWSL website

Discipline
What Happens When I get a Red Card?

You must leave the field immediately and the side line area.
You automatically miss the next league or cup game played by your team.
You will be contacted by the Discipline Chairperson who will ask you, in most cases, to come in for a meeting with the Discipline committee (aka: whoever is available). These meetings are usually on Thursday evenings and Saturday's at Noon at the League office (so JJ doesn't have to move off his chair).
You do not have to come to a meeting with the discipline committee, but in most cases, it is in your best interests to do so (or else your fate will be decided amongst the committee...or, should I say, it's already been decided before you get there).
If you are unable to come to a meeting you can email or mail in your version of the events that led to you getting a red card (and we'll be sure not to read it, or take anything you have to say in regards to the incident)

Discipline Guidelines - To be posted shortly (when we feel like doing them)

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...I think I might have to put my name forward for that...It really makes me nervous that a bunch of volunteers (some of who play on teams we are playing against!!!) are deciding our fate...

Wonder if the MWSL will email me a copy of those Guidelines?? I don't put a lot of faith in the "Guidelines will be posted shortly" notice...Look what happened with the on-line registration!!!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Hmmm...I think I might have to put my name forward for that...It really makes me nervous that a bunch of volunteers (some of who play on teams we are playing against!!!) are deciding our fate...

Wonder if the MWSL will email me a copy of those Guidelines?? I don't put a lot of faith in the "Guidelines will be posted shortly" notice...Look what happened with the on-line registration!!!!

Well...we're 5 games into the season and they still aren't up, so, we can take a guess on how long it will be!
Yes, it is volunteers...our peers who decide what happens, along with JJ, who pretty much goes with the ol' rolling of dice...I'm assuming anyways by his decisions. The girl that I was "involved" with on the pitch only got 4 games...I got 10...go figure? :rolleyes:

check her knees...I'll bet she has scuff marks

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I emailed Mr. Jukes for the Guidelines and he said they're posted on the BC Soccer website...

Assuming I read it right...the Shock player should have had a minumum of 2 games, in addition to her automatic...Why then did she only get one when it's written plain as day in the Guidelines??? I must be missing something...

I volunteered to be on the Committee...I'll let you know if he accepts my offer...

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for next week:

Shock beats Inter 3-2
Jags beat Speed 2-0
Lightning and Rhythm tie 2-2

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
I volunteered to be on the Committee...I'll let you know if he accepts my offer...

If your team has been involved in anything nasty this early in the season, it may be tough...good luck

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of our players got red...and there was the altercation with Shock...I don't think my position on the committee should be determined by other players on my team though...I have a clean record and that's all that should count.

Everyone always says not to bitch unless you're willing to step up and get involved...well, this is me stepping up!

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
If your team has been involved in anything nasty this early in the season, it may be tough...good luck

Jukes has already said this season that he wants our league to be more like Calgary's in the way that one player from every team has to take the referrees course or else the team has to pay a fine. He also said that the players with a track record would be the best candidates for this. So bad history or not, he should be accepting any volunteers with open arms. Especially anyone who is willing to work with someone such as himself. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0