Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct. '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selbbep said:
Especially anyone who is willing to work with someone such as himself. Ugh!

uh...yeah...we've had hour 1/2 conversations because he just doesn't...stop...fcuken...talking...

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
killerboot13 said:
you love us...you really love us...
;) thanks, haha, i needed that!

Just don't go screwing up my prediction or it'll be the last nice thing you hear from me!!! Give 'em hell this weekend :wa:

As for my email to Jukes...still no reply...I am seriously interested in being on the Discipline Committee...obviously the current Committee needs a swift kick in the arse and I'm more than willing to be the kicker!!!

UPFRONT

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selbbep said:
Jukes has already said this season that he wants our league to be more like Calgary's in the way that one player from every team has to take the referrees course or else the team has to pay a fine. He also said that the players with a track record would be the best candidates for this. So bad history or not, he should be accepting any volunteers with open arms. Especially anyone who is willing to work with someone such as himself. Ugh!

Thats not all!! Not only does a player have to take the ref course, she also has to ref one game a week. They claim there are not enough refs - well duh? when you keep expanding the league- what do you expect to happen? :mad:

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
UPFRONT said:
Thats not all!! Not only does a player have to take the ref course, she also has to ref one game a week. They claim there are not enough refs - well duh? when you keep expanding the league- what do you expect to happen? :mad:

UPFRONT - Who do you play for??

And he figures that the players who get the red cards and suspensions are the best candidates for these positions. Thinks it's a good way for them to learn their lesson......Is this guy for real??

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...still no reply from Jukes...I can't say I'm surprised. Guess I'm being boycotted cuz of what happened with Shock...pretty lame considering I wasn't even on the field...

And yes our team has had a couple of cards this season but none of them have been mine...

A simple reply to my email shouldn't be too difficult...he doesn't even have to get off his ass to do that!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure how long you have been in the League Wingsy, but, if you aren't aware of how long it takes to get an answer from the League, I'm gonna guess not long!! ;)

Predictions this weekend:

we still don't know in our pool who won between
DELTA RANGERS and BOMBASTIC
That would have been a good game...

Delta Rangers VS Vancouver Mavericks 1 - 2

Richmond Sonics VS Bombastic A 0 - 4

Vancouver Jaguars VS Vancouver Vanguards 3 - 0

Meralomas B VS Vancouver Breakers 1 - 3

Good Luck all...I hope the rain slows a bit...China Creek was NASTY by our 12pm kickoff last week

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been in the League a long time, I'm just a "good girl" (or I just haven't been caught...I'll leave that to you to decide) who hasn't had to talk to Jukes...

My first couple of emails were answered within Minutes...Now that I've challenged his authority I'm getting the brush off...I assume that means my interpretation of the Disciplanary Guidelines was correct and now he doesn't want to talk to me cuz he'd have to admit he was wrong.

On another note...Who's played Poco Steel this year and wants to share some info??

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I doubt that he thinks it's a good way for them to learn their lesson but rather a way for them to see what it's like being on the other side of that coin.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
On another note...Who's played Poco Steel this year and wants to share some info??

We have. They use their wings a lot and rely on them to cross the ball in quite a bit. Good passing too. Don't let them dribble though because I found that if you went to the ball to check them that it was harder for them because they didn't have as much time to think, they like to have a little bit of time with the ball, so get there first. Just a heads up!!:)

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
I doubt that he thinks it's a good way for them to learn their lesson but rather a way for them to see what it's like being on the other side of that coin.

Well whether he wants them to learn a lesson or see it from the other side...it was a direct quote from Jukes himself.

"I think the girls with the red cards and bad history are the best candidates for this position if we were to run our league like Calgary"

And what about the ones who have been on the other side of the coin already? Obviously doesn't have any regard when the roles are reversed. When you have been playing for this long, it's hard for someone to change their style of play. The refs need to actually let us ladies play a game of soccer and not run around with the whistle in their mouth ready to blow at any sign of physical contact or when they hear some "potty talk". Soccer is an agressive and physical game no matter how you look at it....just too bad the refs won't let us play!

Watch a men's game and see how much the ref's let go. Where's the line of equality? Sheesh!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selbbep said:
And what about the ones who have been on the other side of the coin already? Obviously doesn't have any regard when the roles are reversed. When you have been playing for this long, it's hard for someone to change their style of play. The refs need to actually let us ladies play a game of soccer and not run around with the whistle in their mouth ready to blow at any sign of physical contact or when they hear some "potty talk". Soccer is an agressive and physical game no matter how you look at it....just too bad the refs won't let us play!

Watch a men's game and see how much the ref's let go. Where's the line of equality? Sheesh!

We've beat the EQUALITY topic to death...nothin' is gonna change...that's it...that's all.

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't remember much about thier actual skill, but they are an extrememly yappy team. They like the trash talk, and they protested just about every call that didn't go their way.

Kind of a dirty team too. Not any crazy challenges that I remember, but they like to get in all the cheap shots...kickin at the ankles when your shielding the ball, hitting after the balls been kicked away...little things like that.

And a heads up if you're playing at thier home field and get the same ref we did...Major Loser - Possibly the worst ref I have ever seen!!

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Predictions for next week:

Shock beats Inter 3-2
Jags beat Speed 2-0
Lightning and Rhythm tie 2-2

This the only prediction for this week going up???

I'm hoping for:
Jags win their first
and ties in both the Poco/Pitt and Lightning/Rhythm games but if i have to pick a winner I'll go with Poco (indoor loyalty vote) and Rhythm

Good luck to all teams in what looks like we could have some good weekend.:wa:

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some more good match ups this weekend! I like that all the teams are close in the standing, and that nobody's running away with it...Should make things very interesting with some high-pressure games at the end of the season!

shaloah

Nov 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we still don't know in our pool who won between
DELTA RANGERS and BOMBASTIC
That would have been a good game...

The game was cancelled as Slocan was a giant puddle. Too bad as we were all looking forward to the game. We were offered a make up game last Tuesday night but neither team could field a full 11. Hopefully we'll get the make up game in soon. Given that Slocan is our home field, I can see us requiring quite a few make up games this year:(

Good luck this weekend ladies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaloah said:
The game was cancelled as Slocan was a giant puddle. Too bad as we were all looking forward to the game. We were offered a make up game last Tuesday night but neither team could field a full 11. Hopefully we'll get the make up game in soon. Given that Slocan is our home field, I can see us requiring quite a few make up games this year:(

Good luck this weekend ladies.

which team are you from Shaloah?
china creek was pretty nasty too, but makes it fun!
for some reason, they hold memorial as some high and mighty park that nobody can play on when it's raining...I am not sure why...it's a shite field...it's gotten a bit better, but it's no better than china creek?

i think your game has been postponed to October 24th shaloah

Oct 24, 2006
8:00pm
H: Bombastic A
V: Delta Rangers
Burnaby Lake W #2
Tues. night - from Oct. 22

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VAN JAGS 0 vs. VANGUARDS 0

Man...we could have and SHOULD have had this game...we had them in their half for 90% of the game...FUK!! :eek:

We had maybe 2 shots on net...they had maybe 5 or so.

Didn't feel good today...sure, it's not a loss, but, it's a win we should have bagged!!

Hard luck...ONTO THE NEXT FEEDING

striker14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0