Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ave, why did you take that silly yellow in the Pak final anyway?

Poco will be missing a couple of players with 3 yellows as well.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I know that in years gone by, Peg has benefitted by late suspension rulings that were applied to the start of the next season.

Ok, just when I'm resigning myself to accepting this you go and wind me up. :mad:
Thanks for the honesty and if this is happening and the vmsl/visl did not submit a "current" list or do not make it a priority to be current this is really unjust and unfair. The valley players ( 3 from poco!) have to sit because the fv include 3 yellows on their "suspension" list to bcsa but if others aren't held to / meet the same standard?!....
Bullshit.
I submit (ya good one..to who?) that until this consistency issue is resolved, that all "yellow card" suspensions that are carrying over for any player be rescinded for this year. Next year a fair process and can be put in place.
Once again, if all the suspension lists to bcsa are calculated in the same manner as the fvsl then I have no grounds to appeal. However, it looks a little suspicious don't you think??

Does anyone think any suspended players in my boat have any official recourse? This is from the bcsa website:

"All questions relating to qualifications of competitors, of the interpretation of the rules, or any dispute or protest whatsoever, shall be referred to the Association, district or league as the case may be, having jurisdiction over the Cup competition."

So who do I talk to and when? :D :D

or should I just be a sacrificial lamb,drink my beer and cheer on my team ? :rolleyes: :cool:

please disregard this rant if everything is being done by all leagues to consistently comply with the provincial standards. :)

free Aves and the poco 3

note to Sliver: no kidding, I'm not complaining about the card (because I gave you a wussy push after you went in studs up on our keeper)...it was dumb on my part.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone think Aves is starting to sound a lot like Steve Moore!!! :D

Christ next he'll start with the "as long as I can remember I've wanted to participate in the provincial cup...." speech!!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco?
do you have anymore overtime winners in you

;) :D

good luck against beaker & friends

ps =keep the ball on the ground & away from the cloverdale bullies,any long shite will benefit fodens army ;)

good luck to all local teams especially the fraser valley bush, they will need it! :eek:

sid

ps : HOS .....HOWS YOUR GOLF SWING :D
AVES .....its not like peace arch will miss you :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
AVES .....its not like peace arch will miss you :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
A bit of history... in 98 Aves picked up his second yellow in the B.C semifinal against an island team, so we lost him for the final, wich we lost in overtime to the firemen. Two years ago we lost Aves in the semifinal wich we lost to Inter, in overtime.
He will be missed :(

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have always thought that yellow cards leading to a suspension carried over to League play and did not affect Provincial Cup play. Regs is spot on with that understanding. Reds counted but not the accumulation that added up to one game.

Has there been a new change in policy???

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
A bit of history... in 98 Aves picked up his second yellow in the B.C semifinal against an island team, so we lost him for the final, wich we lost in overtime to the firemen. Two years ago we lost Aves in the semifinal wich we lost to Inter, in overtime.
He will be missed :(
I guess slim pickings for you wee man,good luck,you will need it without wonderAves
;) ;)

as for wiping yellows,you guys should look up the fraser valley constitution of 2000 ,it states any player with a red is out ,yellows dont count ,check with Bc soccer ,I personally think the valley messed up big time :rolleyes:

sid
again bush

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
ps : HOS .....HOWS YOUR GOLF SWING :D

Probably the same as your beer gut, Ugly but very impressive.

Ya, my second year in a row not in Provincials, I think that is writing on the wall to head out to the Valley for as easier route into the Sweet 16.

Kudos to Azzi on the two Double Headers for sunday, the Adanac Park games should be classic, with lots of Baby Blue around the park.

hos

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our U21's play at 1pm on Sunday at Adanac East so we will declare Sunday to be "Croatia Day"...... Good luck to all teams this weekend. :bronco: :knvb: :wa:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Probably the same as your beer gut, Ugly but very impressive.

Ya, my second year in a row not in Provincials, I think that is writing on the wall to head out to the Valley for as easier route into the Sweet 16.

Kudos to Azzi on the two Double Headers for sunday, the Adanac Park games should be classic, with lots of Baby Blue around the park.

hos
At least I havnt turned grey cause of the lack of saves you didnt make,last time I saw you ,you didnt look to far from having a wee gut yourself
:eek: :eek: ;)
hows the modeling going :D just as good as your golf swing----anyways enough trash ,me thinks the Westside or the Croatians are going to win the provincials!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few Predictions for the weekend, other than lots of rain and an own goal from Bronco.

Game 1: Croatia SC vs Surrey United, 2005-04-17, at Adanac Park West at 3:00 p.m. - Croatia with the big win in the tough first round match, how many drunk croatians will fall down the north hill at Adanac?

Game 2: Chilliwack vs Salt Spring FC, 2005-04-17, at Exhibition Stadium at 2:00 p.m. -
Chilliwack should have this one at home in the Sheep Shagger Darby, but no one knows anything about this Salt Spring team.

Game 3: Peace Arch vs Gordon Head Titals, 2005-04-17, at South Surrey Athletic Park at 2:15 p.m. - The Pac. Cup Champions will get the result even with Aves out of the line-up, Go Nation.

Game 4: ICSF Inter vs Sapperton Rovers, 2005-04-17, at Adanac Park West at 1:00 p.m. - Sap. has not been playing well the last few weeks, and Inter is sure rolling, but I am going with the Sap. vets and big Corey in the pipes.

Game 5: Victoria VanTreights FC vs Langley, 2005-04-17, at Royal Athletic Park at 1:30 p.m. - VanTreights have the Gilbert brothers, I think, and if the rest of the team is class like them, then they should win at home.

Game 6: PoCo Dominion vs Westside Rino, 2005-04-15, at Gates Park at 8:00 p.m. - Westside with no keeper, but Smallsy will cover enough net for Westside to get the first round win.

Game 7: Columbus-Clan FC vs Victoria Gorge FC, 2005-04-17, at Kensington Park South at 1:00 p.m. - Gorge have a lot of experience in this compitition and have won some Big games on the mainland, they should have the upperhand on the less experienced ClanBus.

Game 8: Sporting Club vs Burnaby Canadians, 2005-04-17, at Kensington Park South at 3:00 p.m. - I have heard that the Capitals could be without Notty at the back, and with a few other guys hurting they could be a little short, but they do have guys that have been won big games in the past, Burnaby to pull it out in PK's.

Good luck to all.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree. I will set Gorge as the favorites to be 2005 BC Provincial Champs.

Anyways, my first round predictions:

Slurrey
Chilliwack
PAU
Inter
Vantreights
Westside
Gorge
Capitals

Provincial Finalists last 10 years:

1995 Peg 3-2 Powell River @ Town Centre
1996 Westside 2-0 Peg @ Town Centre
1997 Peg 1-0 Inter @ Royal Athletic Park
1998 Firemen 1-0 Slurrey (FVSL version) @ Town Centre
1999 Metro-Ford ?-? Firemen @ Town Centre
2000 Westside 2-1 Metro-Ford @ Royal Athletic Park
2001 Gorge 2-1 Peg @ Town Centre
2002 Gorge 1-0 Westside @ Town Centre
2003 Slurrey United 3-2 Inter @ Royal Athletic Park
2004 Peg 3-0 Westside @ Swangard Stadium

Can anyone help with the missing info (?) above?

Cheers,

~Regs.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
croatia
thewack
gordon heed-- aves is missing
inter
langley
westside
victoria
bby

good luck

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, Surrey lost to Firemen in 98' 1-0, I believe and in 03' Inter and Surrey played at Royal Athletic in Victoria, obviously.

HoS, your prediction for the first time ever, worries me. Did you notice what happened last weekend? You reversed the curse and ended your streak which was ironically closing in on the Boston Reds Socks.... I'll be damned if HoS predicted Inter and for the love of pop tarts he was right. There must be a giant meteor speeding toward earth as I sit and type this... Shoc-king.

Regardless, I have on 'good authority' that if Adanac is to beat up from the rain, the 10:00 am game and then the following Inter - Sapp match Slurrey, Croatia and 400 of their baby blue wearing fans will have to head to the turf at Cloverdale.

WAB, may I recommend 6's to all your players this weekend. Thanks.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs Gordon Head

According to the visl website:

#104103 Gordon Head Titans Division 1 3 yellows

#104101 Gordon Head Titans Division 1 3 yellows

#104122 Gordon Head Titans Division 1 3 yellows

what's good for the goose... :)
I guess a 3 for 1 trade isn't too shabby.

I'm ok with it ,... really :rolleyes:

too bad there's no list for "The Poco 2" to check, Sliver :confused:

mellow yellow,

Aves

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Our U21's play at 1pm on Sunday at Adanac East so we will declare Sunday to be "Croatia Day"

Ya knvb, that would be a great move by the league, move the match right before the start from Adanac to Cloverhoof, so 400 primed up and dressed in Baby Blue Croatians could jump on the #1 and head out to Slurrey. That sounds like a great plan. I would think that Slurrey U. would want a muddy park, perhaps it can slow down Johnny "Mr. April" Sulentic.

Going with Sap. over Inter because I see that Kindel and Harmse signed with the Caps this week, are there any others that won't be able to play in matches this weekend?

hos

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2000 Westside ?-? Metro-Ford @ Royal Athletic Park

2-1 Westside in OT.

too bad there's no list for "The Poco 2" to check, Sliver

just to ease any controversy, there were/are no westside players that were on three yellows following our last league game. far too disciplined. :D as the captain would say, it's all about angles.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks KNVB & Smallsy... just need DJ or Notty to help with the Metro-Ford v Firemen score in 1999.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last bit of info just supplied by AK.

Here's the final definitive list:
Regs said:
Provincial Finalists last 10 years:

1995 Peg 3-2 Powell River @ Town Centre
1996 Westside 2-0 Peg @ Town Centre