Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
saltsprings will be playing in chilliwack on the sunday (17th i think). it will probably be a two o'clock game.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can hear the Banjo playing allready.

Is it the Sheep Shagger Darby or the Cousin Shagger Darby?
There will be teeth missing either way.

hos

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1: Croatia SC vs Surrey United, 2005-04-17, at Adanac Park West at 3:00 p.m.

Game 2: Chilliwack vs Vancouver Island League #2

Game 3: Peace Arch vs Vancouver Island League #1

Game 4: ICSF Inter vs Sapperton Rovers, 2005-04-17, at Adanac Park West at 1:00 p.m.

Game 5: Victoria VanTreights vs Langley

Game 6: PoCo Dominion vs Westside Rino, 2005-04-15, at Gates Park at 8:00 p.m.

Game 7: Columbus-Clan FC vs Victoria Gorge FC, 2005-04-17, at Kensington Park South at 1:00 p.m.

Game 8: Sporting Club vs Burnaby Canadians, 2005-04-17, at Kensington Park South at 3:00 p.m.

Looks like they have got some of there shite together at the league office and finally posted when some of the games will be played. However, they somehow think that kensington is a great park to play a provincial cup game on. Apparently we don't play there all year but when the big games come we get put on a park that no team has played on all year.
Cheers
JB

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's one huge message

LFC2...

is there some hidden text in your last post that only premium members
can see or were you using some crazy new hi-tec disappearing then
reappearing script? all i see is blank...weird.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
classic venues

so the SURREY-CROATIA tilt goes down at ADANAC...
let's hope for a nice slick surface after a week of
rain. not so much for the tackles on the pitch but more
so that Leetchie can two foot the can lady and pull the
two man bobsled down the hill again :D -ah good times

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too bad a draw for FVSL teams this year with both Chilliwack and PAU getting home draws against VISL teams. I'd like to think they will both move on to the last eight.

Langley will be in tough against Vantreights away from home. We gave them their first defeat of the season in last years Provincials at JO, but the home draw will be a big advantage for them especially with that redneck crowd of supporters they have. I personally think they took beating us for granted last year and came unstuck. They won't make the same mistake two years running. Having said that, I hope Langley can pull off the upset and move on to the next round.

Poco have a home draw against Westside, but will need to have their best game of the season to move on.

Good luck boys.!

Cheers

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO peach arch and the wackers both have a reasonable
chance to make round 2 (valley refs + travel factors)
unlucky 4 lufc as island refs SUCK. poco has no chance
against westside, not to be a prick, just realistic
but let's be honest, this is knowone's opinion :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL in the Cup

We'll be in tough, as we have some bodies out with injuries, as well as one reeeaaal old (but key) player out on cards. I think the home field advantage will help us though.

I predict Salt Spring will get a royal lump-ing at the hands of Chilliwack at the Ex. (if those pot-heads can even find the pitch!) :D

I think Langley are in tough, as they have some injury issues as well. Agree with Crafty that Poco have their hands full with Westside. Hopefully Planks is ready to see some serious rubber! ;)

Good luck to all the Valley teams!

~Skip

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard this a couple of times now ... is it really true the FVSL actually makes late season yellows card suspensions sit the BC's and not next season? If it's true, way to lend a hand to the teams representing your 'league'. :rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
... is it really true the FVSL actually makes late season yellows card suspensions sit the BC's and not next season?

Yep.....nice consistency amongst all leagues represented in this Cup. :rolleyes:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think it is foolish to suggest a team has no chance, particularly given the increasing parity amongst senior level teams. i'm just hoping we put together a good effort against what will no doubt be a hard working poco squad, and will hold our heads up regardless of the result.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
i think it is foolish to suggest a team has no chance, particularly given the increasing parity amongst senior level teams. i'm just hoping we put together a good effort against what will no doubt be a hard working poco squad, and will hold our heads up regardless of the result.
He says with his eyes rolling into the back of his head and tongue firmly planted between his dill Doritos and his cheek.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should have mentioned how giving 110% will work, but only if the whole team is prepared to play a full 90 minutes. That whole formula may not apply given that every team has a chance to win this thing, and the fact that both teams are playing at a high level. You don't play these games on paper. You don't make it this far unless you're a good team.

Both sides control their own destiny, and both will have to remember what got them there - they'll have to do the same things they've done all season. It'll be a real pressure cooker because it's a must-win and the loser goes home. When these two teams get together, you can throw out the regular season records. It's a one-shot deal for all the marbles.

Cup games often mean teams have to turn up the intensity, and make plays. It's all about going out there and taking care of business. They have to rise to the occasion and leave everything on the field. Neither side can take the other one lightly. It's all about dictating the tempo, sticking to the fundamentals, and eliminating mental mistakes.

Once a team takes it to the next level, they must capitalize on their opportunities and play like they're capable of playing. They have to play within themselves, yet come together as a team.

Mostly, both teams should go out and give it their best, and leave the rest to the almighty lord and saviour.

Now just get out there and have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts