Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smalley,
Poco play on a new"er" turf pitch at Reeves... I wouldn't count on the game being played if it rains heavily before the match though... You see, the bright muppets that designed the layout forgot drainage!!! :rolleyes: Apparently it floods often, but it's not bad to play on if the weather permits and you happen to like turf??? :rolleyes:

Good luck, you'll need it going up against super keeper Banks (your old buddy Joel). ;)

BTW, If you want my autograph (obviously) or just want to scout Poco, we play this Sunday in the PAK final, 2:30pm @ John Oliver Park in North Delta...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Have the Capitals ever drawn a non-VMSL team in the first round?

Regs, you should remember this one, 4 years ago they beat Pegasus in the first round at Kinsmen, that was a huge upset, but then went on to shitt the bed vs. Sap. the following week, then I think Sap. lost to Gorge after that, when Gorge was on fire.

Azzi was quoted in the Burnaby Now today that he hoped to play the Imperial Cup Final and the League Cup Final on the same day and at the same pitch in a very nice Double Header. This would only work if it was 4 different teams in the finals, with only Inter and Sap. with a shot at the Triple this year from the VMSL. This Double Header could be played on the "Off" week of the Provincial Cup between the Semi's and the Final that is at Swangard before a Caps game. I think the two Cup Games in one day is a fantastic idea, lets just hope that the league just 4 different teams in the finals.

Westside have a great draw and must be hoping for a Croatia win or tie vs. Inter for a shot at Surrey in the League Cup and then a nice Provincial Cup run.

hos

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the VISL website.... Here's what Vic Gorge have put up on the Island this season, in 16 games played:

12 wins
4 ties
no losses

39 goals for
8 goals against

They've also swept all their Jackson Cup games. Hmm.

Oddly enough, it would seem that losing the Jackson Cup final would stand to benefit either Vantreights or Gorge, as it now ensures them a home game in the first round.

While I highly doubt either team will consciously "throw" a Cup Final, you have to wonder why BC Soccer decided to do the draw three days before the Jackson Cup final (Saturday, April 2nd) was to be played.

First round Provincial Cup games aren't until the week-end of April 16th/17th anyways...couldn't they have waited until Monday, April 4th to complete the draw? Would have made a lot more sense. It's not teams need more than two weeks to figure out travel arrangements.

Seems a bit strange to me.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have the dates for the games yet? How about the first round of games? Coach? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ROUND OF 16--2005-04-16/17

Game 1: Croatia SC vs Surrey United
Game 2: Chilliwack vs Vancouver Island League #2
Game 3: Peace Arch vs Vancouver Island League #1
Game 4: ICSF Inter vs Sapperton Rovers
Game 5: Jackson Cup Runner-Up vs Langley
Game 6: PoCo Dominion vs Westside Rino
Game 7: Columbus-Clan FC vs Jackson Cup Winner
Game 8: Sporting Club vs Burnaby Canadians

QUARTER-FINALS--2005-04-23/24

Game 9: Winner of Game #1 vs Winner of Game #2
Game 10: Winner of Game #3 vs Winner of Game #4
Game 11: Winner of Game #5 vs Winner of Game #6
Game 12: Winner of Game #7 vs Winner of Game #8

SEMI-FINALS--2005-04-30 and 2005-05-01 at Newton Athletic Park

Game 13: Winner of Game #9 vs Winner of Game #10
Game 14: Winner of Game #11 vs Winner of Game #12

FINAL--2005-05-15 at SWANGARD STADIUM

Game 15: Winner of Game #13 vs Winner of Game #14

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions on first round venues:

G1: Adanac on the Sunday
G2: Exhibition Park, Chilliwack on the Saturday
G3: South Surrey on the Sunday
G4: Adanac on the Saturday
G5: Royal Athletic Park, Victoria on the Sunday
G6: Reeves/Gates Turf on the Friday night :rolleyes:
G7: Hastings Park on the Sunday
G8: Hastings Park on the Saturday

Close?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure.

G1: Adanac on the Sunday 2:00 PM
G2: Exhibition Park, Chilliwack on the Saturday 3:00 PM
G3: South Surrey on the Sunday 2:00 PM
G4: Adanac on the Saturday 2:00 PM
G5: Royal Athletic Park, Victoria on the Sunday 2:30 PM
G6: Reeves/Gates Turf on the Friday night 8:00 PM
G7: Hastings Park on the Sunday 2:00 PM
G8: Hastings Park on the Saturday 2:00 PM

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Sure.

G1: Adanac on the Sunday 2:00 PM
G2: Exhibition Park, Chilliwack on the Saturday 3:00 PM
G3: South Surrey on the Sunday 2:00 PM
G4: Adanac on the Saturday 2:00 PM
G5: Royal Athletic Park, Victoria on the Sunday 2:30 PM
G6: Reeves/Gates Turf on the Friday night 8:00 PM
G7: Hastings Park on the Sunday 2:00 PM
G8: Hastings Park on the Saturday 2:00 PM

I'd say Regs that Croatia play at Beaconsfield if open and Inter at Adanac. Both on Sunday and both at 2. The rest of your predictions sound about right.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you have to wonder why BC Soccer decided to do the draw three days before the Jackson Cup final (Saturday, April 2nd) was to be played.

What makes no sense to me is why they didn't just treat the finalists of the Jackson Cup like they did the Finalists of the Pakenham Cup. PAU play Poco this weekend in that final as well, and yet each team was drawn randomly by BC soccer last night. Why do differently for the Island teams??? :confused:

Weird wild stuff.

~Skip

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Regs, how about a poll for the upcoming BC's? Or better yet, how about a BC's Pool, with you giving away some loot to the lucky guesser/winner :p

Can'twaittopickmyownteam :rolleyes: :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, it's called being unorginized.
The guy at the meeting(from the island) had no idea what teams were left in each of the cups? Seriously.
He was just a body that was sent over to represent there league.
I thought Azzi was going to lose it!

The guy got lectured about the island showing up without the names of the teams and how Mickey Mouse this was.

It was piss poor to say the least.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spoke w/ LFC2 last night (surprised this hasn't been posted yet, actually).

Seems Langley is being forced to withdraw from Provincials, and may even be in a position of being relegated back to Div. 1. As the story goes, one of the new signings at the beginning of the year from the VMSL was (unknown to LFC2) playing under a 5 game suspension after receiving a violent conduct red at the end of last season. This player has played in most of the games this year for LUFC, but hasn't sat one.

This is all sketchy, and I'm pretty sure LFC2 is right pissed about this now. Last year he was on the executive, and withdrew for this season due to conflicting opinions on how to run the league.

The league should have caught this. yes, Mike was duped by this player, but don't the BCSA and the FVSL have to take some responsibility for not catching this either?

Typical Mickey Mouse stuff from the league...I feel for Mike & the guys who dedicated themselves to winning the title, and an as of yet unbeaten league record.

Tough luck, boys. :(

Congrats, Delta. Represent the FVSL well. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0