Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to the game this weekend, it just too bad both teams won't have their full line ups due to this bullshit 2 yellow card rule. I hear Ryan Dormer and JB are out and we will be missing Stauber, Thompson and Googles. Should be a good one anyway.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Calling the (250)

knvb said:
Testing. Testing. Check 2-3-4

I'm just doing a test of the Emergency TTP broadcast system. We don't seem to be getting any transmissions from Victoria.

This is only a test.

Ha..Ha...Ha...! Good one...!

Wankers!

That is all.
:D

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorgeboy here again.
Well...first off... congrats to Sporting... sounds like their keeper is quite good at penalties... oh wait, he stopped 3 of ours too!! ha... oh well. Glad to hear it was an entertaining game.
To say the best teams are on the MAINLAND..is quite STUPID... Treights and Gorge could play with any of your teams in the VMSL... so give us some credit and stop being so damn conceited!!
All the best to the teams in the final. Time for some of us to play PCSL.... fun in the sun.
Later

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Looking forward to the game this weekend, it just too bad both teams won't have their full line ups due to this bullshit 2 yellow card rule. I hear Ryan Dormer and JB are out and we will be missing Stauber, Thompson and Googles. Should be a good one anyway.

Did my coach contact you and tell you that I was sitting on the bench all game because of the consecutive passes that I gave to the Trieghts players on Sunday. I figured that Knowone would have told you to tell my coach to keep me in as I can feed you balls all day to your feet instead of in the air. If we keep it on the ground it limits your chances of trying a bike kick and minimizing your chances of being taking off on a stretcher. :knvb:

Cheers
JB

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best of luck to both Surrey and Sporting. Just goes to show you that if you can string 4 games together atthe right time you've got a chance at it all!! Once more best of luck.

PS. Fcuk I can't wait for this game to be over so we're all at 0 points again!! :D

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting Club, of the VMSL, kept its successful string of overtime victories alive on Sunday afternoon by defeating the visiting Victoria team in a penalty kick shoot-out at Newton Athletic Park. For the second straight Province Cup game, Sporting battled through 120 minutes of scoreless soccer before emerging victorious on kicks from the penalty mark. As evident by the 0-0 scoreline, both teams had few quality chances to break the scoring drought through regulation time. On one of the few golden opportunities, Sporting’s Ryan Dormer was denied a glorious opportunity at the 25th minute mark as his breakaway effort was well stopped by VanTreights’ goalkeeper Kevin James. The second half provided much intensity of spirited tackling, but very few offensive forays by either team. The other half of the Dormer attacking duo-Steve Dormer-came close to scoring on two fine solo efforts, only to be stopped by James on both occasions. VanTreights, led by the pinpoint service of Nando Dunic and Will Moore, controlled most of the play in the second half, but could only muster a few half chances thanks mostly to the great defensive work of the Sporting backline. After a defensive 90 minutes of soccer, one would have expected extra time to be played in a similar fashion. However, both teams tossed caution to the wind and combined to provide the numerous spectators with 30 minutes of opportunity-filled football. The Victoria team came out strong in the first half of overtime and was unlucky not to go ahead when Steve Williams’ shot was cleared off the goal line by Sporting’s Denny Ferreira. In the second half, Ryan Dormer continued his strong play as he unleashed a wicked 20-metre drive the eluded the VanTreights goalkeeper only to see the ball hit the crossbar. In the dying moments of the match, a defensive blunder in the Sporting backline allowed VanTreights striker Alan Moss to break in free on goalkeeper Brian Brum. The chance vanished, however, when Moss pushed his shot wide of the target. The shoot-out proved to be the tale of one goalkeeper, as Brian Brum put on the performance of a lifetime in stopping three consecutive Victoria shooters en route to a 3-0 victory. Steve Dormer, Mark Gomes, and Trevor Rosencrans all tallied for Sporting Club, but it was Brum who shone the brightest, emerging as the victorious keeper in his third straight extra time—and second straight shoot-out—victory. On the day, striker Ryan Dormer was a going concern throughout the match, driving the VanTreights defenders to distraction, while Brian Gebbie and Mike Gomes ran miles in the middle of the park. But the Man of the Match honours must surely go to Brian Brum, who was absolutely magnificent in the decisive penalty kick shoot-out. Sporting Club will now play against Surrey United in the Province Cup final. The game will take place on Sunday, May 15 at Swangard Stadium starting at 4:00 p.m.

Cheers
JB

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
on a side note

man of the match, Brum was ever so lucky not to receive his
second yellow card of the match for his F U SALUTE to the
'treights sideline after saving the third penno :eek:
- a poor, classless celebration which knowone enjoyed :D

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
partridge family sent packing

c'mon conductor, you'd be a little pissed too if you came
all the way over here on a big orange bus and couldn't
find the net in 120 minutes + 3 spotters. know wonder
their players wanted to fight the innocent spectators
behind the net, silly island folk. :p

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ORANGE bus??? must have upgraded from the green ozone destroyer from last season. either that, or they totalled it out of frustration of losing in the first round to a valley team. :eek:

better luck next year... :rolleyes:

thewheelsonthebusgoroundandround...roundandround...roundandround...

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Knowone you forgot to mention all the class the Treights sidelines showed during the game and shootout!! :rolleyes:
were they heckling the shooter as he approached the ball? :rolleyes: Bastards! Defin. nice to see them crawl back to the Queen of Sannich after the loss......they looked kinda tired from playing that extra Prov. game. :D
SU to win 1-0 as neither team seems to want to score.

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gotta agree with STEPCHILD.....Surrey 1-0 in a game filled with no shots... defensive battle.... oh well..thats' what got them here.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
thecobra13 said:
I gotta agree with STEPCHILD.....Surrey 1-0 in a game filled with no shots... defensive battle.... oh well..thats' what got them here.
Finally....................someone agrees..............off to buy a lotto ticket.......this has to be my lucky day.........
Still sticking to my 1-0 final. Please, someone prove me wrong as I am being forced to pay $15. to watch this game and who knows how much for the beer I need to consume to enjoy it. See ya at the Roxy SU either way :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipo,

Although you posted a SU win, I have a feeling you're pulling for JB's lot.

Perhaps you should let the crew know you wish them well, via a PM to say JB and be sure to send along the best of luck in the finals from me...

Wankers :D

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My old SU boys to win er 3-1. Hurts missin those key players, but sportin missin one of the dormers hurts them too. Roxy party to follow surely for either team.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give me a break boys, you actually think Surrey is missing all those guys???? It's funny how apparently none of those three got a yellow in the semi-finals against sapp, but all of a sudden they are missing the finals with too many yellows. :rolleyes: Looking forward to a great game!

Cheers,
jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0