Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Forest for the trees Sandman.

Valley got 4 teams into the last 16. Pretty impressive for a third rate league, regardless of what happened on the day.

And 2 in the last 8, which went to penalty kicks in one and could have gone either way in the other.

Bottom line is that the FVSL is getting better and better. Once the lads in the FVSL realize that it's "All about the Provincials" and begin to plan for it earlier than they tend to (much like Sap and Surrey United do, beginning their regimine in January/Feb to get properly ready) I think you'll see the teams from the FVSL advance much further than they historically have. But then again, one can continue to hope that those particular individuals in the VMSL who insist on keeping their heads firmly planted up their own asses will continue to insist that they have nothing to worry about from the FVSL, and continue to take them lightly.

It's just a matter of time boys...just a matter of time.

Congrats again to the lads from Chilli who made their first appearance in 5 years and simply ran out of steam in the last 15, and to PAU which let their nerves get the better of them in the shootout!

Nuff said...for now. :)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman.
As WAB said, the game could have gone either way. We had many chances to finish the game before the 90 but didn't, so did they. I don't think anyone is happy with the loss, but after a long season, a Pak cup and an o.t. loss to a strong Sapperton Club who just took out the metro league champs the week before, it's a bit easier to take.

WAB, what did you think about that late tackle in the box that the ref didn't call?
#18 PAU pushes it down the left side and inside the 18 to get a cross off right before the endline, he does get the cross off but also get run through just as released. A very hard late tackle,(carbon copy of Donald's second yellow on #18). Martin didn't have the balls to call that one. That would have been huge with 10 to go in regulation.

The game was wide open with crazy chances at each end. I think Sappertons winner was more of a defensive mistake then offensive glory.

Dude,
I fared well in the heat. all 45 min of it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Continue to take them lightly?

Other than Delta over Firemen a couple of years ago, it doesn't appear that any VMSL team has taken a FVSL team lightly enough to lose to them in quite some time.

Speaking of heads up arses, PAU/Sapp never went to a 'shoot-out'.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
POST SCRIPT: Something tells me that the lads from the Wack are going to do what they can to be properly ready for this time next year. I'm sure that Mums, Wilmetts, Williams and the gang won't be happy with this weekend's results and will do what they have to do to make sure that this weekend's results aren't repeated by their squad next year.

"Good showing" or not, all I can say, in my opinion, is that losing sucks, and I'm sure that all the boys from the Valley have an empty pit in their guts this morning and feel the same way as do I about it.

Best of luck to the last 4.

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Wack boys were quite disappointed with the result Sunday obviously. We figured we'd be in a tight game, but were hoping to generate a little more offence, but SU's backline dealt with the limited forays into their final third very well. Definitely the most solid team defensively we've seen this season. In the end, most agreed it came down fitness. The faster pace SU was able to play at for the full 90 decided the game, in my opinion. And I agree with LFC2, if some of the better FVSL sides like Langley, PAU, and the Wack played at this pace week in, week out I think you'd very likely see close games such as the two PAU and Chilliwack were involved in on Sunday with different results. One Premier League for the entire Lower Mainland and Island certainly would make sense--most BC youth Metro leagues use this area as their boundaries. Time for the big boys to follow suit?

Congrats to the semifinalists!

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with the "One Premier League for the entire lower Mainland", but the Vancouver guys can't seem to muster the energy to drive further than 30 kliks to play. To hear some of the Vancouver guys talk about it, if they had to drive out to the Valley on a regular basis...the earth would stop spinning on its axis I'm sure.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
if they had to drive out to the Valley on a regular basis...the earth would stop spinning on its axis I'm sure.
Wouldn't that mean that it would take even longer to drive east?

By the sounds of it, the vancouver guys have more energy for the crucial last 15 though...

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
PAU/Sapp never went to a 'shoot-out'.

Okay...I heard wrong. Whatever. Got 2 goals on Sapp, and lost by 1. This time last week all the VMSL posts were talking about how the Valley squads would be losing by a combined goal against in the double digits. Keeping with that theme, I suppose that "2" is "1 + 1", and "two numbers" went into making the number "2", which...following Vancouver logic, COULD be argued to be "double" digits, "double" meaning "2".

Well done VMSL naysayers...well done.

Still...no piss take on they squads that made the final 4. Well done, and best of luck!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could've sworn it was SID that was predicting double-digit scores.

SID is from the valley, BTW :rolleyes:

You guys in the Wack really can't keep up, can you?

:D

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
By the sounds of it, the vancouver guys have more energy for the crucial last 15 though...

Well...when the Valley squads ask for some friendlies throughout the year...maybe the VMSL squads will take them up on that offer? I mean, IF they can find their way out to the Valley.

No doubt about it, the Vancouver guys lost steam at a lesser rate than did the Valley guys (at least in the Chilli game), but there was no real difference in individual talent, determination or level of team skill. So, the difference was in the number of runs that the individual players, and the team did, from January to now, which can be remedied quite easily for next year I'm sure.

That "pit in the stomach" I referred to in an earlier post will help to motivate a lot of lads from the Valley I'm sure. I suppose we won't know until this time next year, so I'll just say that I'm looking forward to it.

;)

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I could've sworn it was SID that was predicting double-digit scores.

SID is from the valley, BTW :rolleyes:

You guys in the Wack really can't keep up, can you?

:D

We can, however, keep IT up...which will have to do I suppose.

:wa:

hahaha

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
like I said before unlucky guinnessya sausage,the day a valley team wins the provincials is the day we should all retire :eek:

sid thinks guinness likes to lick caineys bolllox & ride billy jacksons goatee :eek:

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, lucky for you, it won't be this year.

No promises for next year though. Hey...you never know, next year, if they are ready, a Valley team could win the Provincials, and there would be cause for double celebrations: a victory for the Valley, AND a retirement party. AWESOME!

hahaha

Cheers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
That borderline retard has somehow found his way into the middle of the park!
The secret is out. I was really hoping to keep it between the parties involved if at all possible, obviously for the sake of the club and the team going forward, but since the cat is out of the preverbal bag I can now honestly say, yes, I am partly retarded. It's something I don't like to talk because, quite honestly, it's a tad embarrassing, like being part Scottish. There isn't many places in this world that will accept a Dutch, Scottish retard, other than in Surrey and I hoped by keeping the most embarrassing bits hidden I was going to be able to live my soccer career out relatively un-ridiculed. Bollocks to you LFC2, I thought you said you could keep a secret. Do you see me going around and telling people you wiped your ass with Dudes tooth brush at the LFC party? I don't think so.

No doubt about it, the Vancouver guys lost steam at a lesser rate than did the Valley guys (at least in the Chilli game), but there was no real difference in individual talent, determination or level of team skill. So, the difference was in the number of runs that the individual players, and the team did, from January to now, which can be remedied quite easily for next year I'm sure.
Come on now Rivermouth, lets not go over the top here. To think there wasn't a glaring difference in talent levels in pockets all over the park (not in the middle though, fcuking Scottish retard made sure of that) is a little naive. The likes of Nial Thompson, Todd Stauber, Clayton Dobbin and Shawn Blakeway up front, for example, well, you had no one to match these guys when we actually did get the ball down and played it to them (that one time) ... don't get me wrong, you guys played a very determined and gritty game and teams like yours are honestly, so very hard to play against, but to say there was no talent difference is going a bit to far. We didn't have the ball that much becuase we made more runs down the line than you...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well on my way to a Lion-like set of predictions till Weakside shite the bed.

Thanks Smalley.

Come on Pork Chops, win it all for Jinky boys!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman said:
The Valley really has to set its standards much higher. "A little" disappointed? WTF?

Are you serious!? :confused:

To insinuate that using the word 'little' in my post means that we didn't set our standards high enough is a bit strong. You're reading a tad much into this, and making assumptions which are simply not true.

I'm guessing you were not on the sidelines to see the looks on our faces as the whistle went to end overtime. Nor were you present in our silent dressingroom afterwards, as we pondered what might have been. If you had been, you might have thought twice before posting.

Everyone expresses their disappointment differently. Some guys mope around quietly, while others kick waterbottles and yell profanities at anyone who will listen. Others still choose to publicly state that they were a "little disappointed", when in fact they are much more.

There is much more between the lines than you think.

~Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0