Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A question for all you "Gorge in a Walk" prognosticators... How many of you have actually seen this team play? I'm curious if there is more to go on than they have a giant keeper? Last I checked Sporting was a pretty bloody good team.
JB, that Jinky kid is a saint innhe? You're welcome. :rolleyes:

1-0 Reds. The Whack worked hard and played an all around good physical game but it never really seemed like they were going to win... more they were almost waiting for us to beat them. That's probably not the best way to describe it but it's the best way I can right now... Great effort though and they did give us a scare late in the 2nd half when they had an open header from about 6 out which Drew collected well.

Well done whack I can see why you get so much praise from others in your league.

At least it wasn't hot today...

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the first half of the PAU game and almost all of the Surrey game. Did a double take as I had to restrain myself from openly cheering for Mo's opening goal. PAU did not carry the possession but good value for 1-0 when I left, could of been 2-0 on the sitter just before half.

Surrey/Wack. Nothing overly impressive from Surrey, but along the lines of what KNVB said, you can just tell that they know how to win, and expect to. Huge confidence factor. Very good refereeing on the day, although the Surrey guy who picked up the yellow late must be thanking his lucky stars that he is still in this competition. (Remember Beckhams first world cup????)
Well done to PAU and Chilliwack. Good luck to the finalists as I now become a BC fan.

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GORGE/SPORTING
Congrats to Sporting...they came over with a game plan...and carried it out to perfection. We were flat!!! Not sure why or how..but some of our guyz didn't come out to play today...and it cost us. No whining here...just a hangover from alot of Jaggermeister!! ha.... onward to the golf course.
Good luck to the 4 left standing.........go Treights.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to agree with gomesy overall post and game assesment.

I have to add that the players for the gorge were overall a class act however a few times when the ball was hump out of the field for a throw-in or a goal kick I think they wanted us to sprint to the ball and get it as 9-10 times out of ten they had a moan at the ref about us wasting time.

I would give my vote to Brian Brum for Potw as he stood on his head for the full game and made many incredible saves.

Cheers
JB

Apparently the excellent site has that westside lost 2-0 , I guess we will have to wait for Smallsy game report.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
It is very unlikely, but technically it could be 2 valley teams, and 2 island teams in the final four. That would be pretty good for HOS, that way you can actually book a foursome...FOOOOORRRRRE!!!!!!! :D

Great weekend for Golf and for the VMSL, 3 out of 4 an't bad, just like MeatLoaf or is that Trooper?

The only thing is, I thought Weakside would have been the ones to get through, I guess with no keeper and Chicken Pies on Special on the Queen of Smallsey.
Look out NAP here come the Treights fans on the weekend, may have to come out just for that, well and the Mighty Rangers BBQ after the morning game.

Was Smiles last weekend and RefBeater this weekend, the Union is on Fire right now. Well done Sporting.

hos

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3 - PAU 2

Congrats to Sapperton on the win today. Our guys are obviously a little disappointed with the result, but Sapperton did well to weather the storm a man down for part of the second half, and the entire OT. Although we didn't get the result today, I think we did have the opportunity to win. I'm sure sid will have much insight. :rolleyes:

Good luck to the semifinalists.

~Skip

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SEMI FINALS: Open Mens

Slurrey United vs. Sapperton Rovers
Newton Athletic Park
Sat/2.30pm

Vantreights vs. Sporting Club "A"
Newton Athletic Park
Sun/2.30pm

And Before those!

SEMI FINALS: O-35's

ICSF Inter vs. Victoria Athletics "A"
Newton Athletic Park
Sat/12.00pm

SFC Rangers vs. Scum United
Newton Athletic Park
Sun/12.00pm

Think I will head out on Sunday and see the Rangers/Scum Darby, it should be a classic, then some PorkChops on the Barby after, wonder if the Island lads will want any?

hos

Lay off sid guys, he just had a baby, he not thinking straight without the lack of sleep, plus the kid is going after his tits all day long.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 3 - PAU 2 OT

Hats off to the PAU lads who battled all day and were unlucky to lose. Sap pushed hard early but PAU managed to weather that storm and scored a cracker. It was a hard fought victory as Sap showed its grit and pulled out the win while playing with 10 men for a total of 60 min.

0-1 (20th), 1-1 (46th), 1-2 (50th), 2-2 (51st), 3-2 (100th).

This game could have went either way. I'm just happy that Emilio was taunted by some PAU fans and decided to shut them up with a superb individual run; undressing 2 defenders a beating the keeper near post for the winner in the 1st OT.
All the lads at PAU were just what we expected; hard working and passionate about the game. 1st class Cainy, Aves, et all. It was a great game.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Sap 3 - PAU 2 OT

Hats off to the PAU lads who battled all day and were unlucky to lose. Sap pushed hard early but PAU managed to weather that storm and scored a cracker. It was a hard fought victory as Sap showed its grit and pulled out the win while playing with 10 men for a total of 60 min.

0-1 (20th), 1-1 (46th), 1-2 (50th), 2-2 (51st), 3-2 (100th).

This game could have went either way. I'm just happy that Emilio was taunted by some PAU fans and decided to shut them up with a superb individual run; undressing 2 defenders a beating the keeper near post for the winner in the 1st OT.
All the lads at PAU were just what we expected; hard working and passionate about the game. 1st class Cainy, Aves, et all. It was a great game.
was wanker guinness there? :D nuf said unlucky to caineys army ,but the metro is a lot stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck in the semis alll

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough loss...PAU 2 - Sap 3...they came flying out of the gates at us, but as WAB said, we weathered the storm. Sage with a cracker of a goal and in fact, the first four goals were all highlight reel goals. Both goalies made key saves at key times, one that Brewer? saved off of Knees and I honestly don't know how he got a hand on it. That's probably why he's onw of the top keepers in b.c.. Unlucky not to go up 2 buzz in the first half...would have definitely put more pressure on the Sap boys. Have to say, the 10 that played the o.t. really put it in...As for our boys, couldn't give them more credit. Every one of us played hard and fought...coulda, woulda shouldas now... ;)

Good luck to Sap and the rest of the semi-finalists...Sap - Surrey and Gorge - Sporting...oh wait, I mean that other team from the island :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid,

Coquitlam is in the Valley. So is Surrey, but hey, who cares, splitting hairs.

Sounds like the two Valley teams competed well against what have shown to be two of the best squads, certainly in BC, over the past few years. Sap & Surrey are always tough, and as said, the experience factor seems to be the difference. One thing I'll agree with Sid on...at the end of the day, until a Valley team breaks through and defeats a VMSL Premier team in this thing (no Sixfyv, Firemen a couple of years back doesn't count), we'll always be considered a notch lower, and will always have to contend with HOS and the WWII & golfing slags.

Good showing nonetheless PAU & Chilli!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights 2
Westside 0

painful loss for the boys. not suprisingly, a controversial call/sending off by an island ref was the turning point in the second half. they scored two quick goals immediately following the sending off. we didn't adjust well...obviously. i think we played right into there hands as guys were losing their composure, which is out of character normally for westside. that being said, we weren't good enough on the day and treights were deserved winners. i think sporting will beat them. good luck to the remaining squads.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is Provincial Cup time, why doesn't BC soccer move refs around so that, at least, there is no perception of favouritism. Valley vs Island-Metro Ref, 2 Valleys teams-Valley Ref, Island vs Metro-Valley Ref, 2 Island teams-Island Ref.
How difficult would this be? :confused:

Smallsey, most of us know exactly how you feel,the Island refs are schocking.....and only against one team.

As for our game vs PAU, the refereeing was fine. Sure there was some questionable calls, but the Valley ref called it the way he saw it and he wasn't influenced by PAU moan.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
to be honest, i thought the ref did ok for the most part. he just turned the game upside down with the sending off after consulting with a linesman on the far side who saw nothing other than a treighs player going down like he had been shot. anyways, we should have decided the game on our own, without allowing the game to hinge on a call like that.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monday Morn, after a loss. Always a day of thought as to what went wrong. Hard loss, really thought we had sapp on the ropes with Ten men for so long. Myself personally lacked the fitness needed to compete for that long in the sun. After battling a bad hammy for the past four weeks and not training in between, I was ruined after 50 mins of play. Thought sapp's young guy Rob in the middle of the park played well, extremely fit and ran all day along the Beast. Wish we could have finished two great goal scoring opps that would have changed the game. Also thought a PK should have been awarded for the brutal take down on CHOPPER. Happened after the red card so maybe Martin was being leniant, but he blew it. Lotsa what if's, but hats off to Sapp for their character win. Onto my old boys at Surrey Utd, and some Bangers on the Barbie, some time for the Body to heal before the May long show. Cheerin for the Big Red Machine now, hope the games aren't played on the turf.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 3 - 2 PAU (OT)

Very frustrating on the day after blowing a HUGE opportunity and still a bitter pill to swallow the morning after (The Caprice Molson party is still ringing in my head)... Hats off to Sapperton on battling through another Donald snap show... We knew going in he'd loose his marbles, but we just didn't pounce on the opportunity... In fairness he took it well and the Rovers in general were a classy mob... I must say I've never seen WAB so composed on the sideline, I guess not playing these days has calmed the big man down???

Good luck to the rest of the teams still playing, sid's still a muppit!!! :rolleyes:

GuinnesswonderingifHOSneedsagolfpartner???

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was a toss-up. If you played that game 10 times over, the winner and the goal result would always be different.
I think Studsup said it best, fitness was the difference. You had a great opportunity to do some damage, but even with 10 men, we too had many quality chances to put it away. Our fitness was superior, and although both teams dropped their level of speed and play in the blistering heat, PAU dropped faster than Sap.
Our #21 ran up and down that sideline for 118 minutes and still had enough to finish the job on a pretty good strike from 20 out for the winner. Emilio also scored a cracker-180 degree twist volley into the far corner-great shot. At that point I think you guys were emotionally beaten.

Cory made a massive save in the 2nd half. And he never gives up a rebound.
One header at the far post luckily deflected off Mike Araszewski's back and out for a corner.
The semi-breakaway flub was costly.
Luke Hogan's goal into the top corner was awesome-he mades everything look easy-then he got injured.
Ted Ullrich put it over the bar from 3 yards out in the 1st half.
Rob Sing rang that free kick off the inside of the post, and there were numerous scrambles in front of the PAU net.
Your centre mid worked tirelessly and won many battles in the middle of the park.

We usually play a tighter brand of soccer but I think we let the flow get away from us. The pressure we applied in the 1st 20 minutes but with no reward enticed our mid and D to come forward more often, which exposed us in the back

In the end it was a great game to watch and coach. A game that will be remembered for a long time to come.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Our #21 ran up and down that sideline for 118 minutes and still had enough to finish the job on a pretty good strike from 20 out for the winner.
Ya, I think the best part of that goal was when he ran up the sidelines pointing at the crowd and saying "maybe this will shut you up!" only to do himself seconds later during his celebration. Nice one dumbass, he looked great the last 17 min. hobbling around! :eek:
Great game otherwise, PAU had their chances but just couldn't pull away.
GO surrey united!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0