Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the red in the Sap / PAU game come about? Also, how did Lion do in the heat on Sunday? :D

Dude- whowillneverripLiononTTPagain.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sap 3 - 2 PAU (OT)

Guinness said:
Hats off to Sapperton on battling through another Donald snap show... We knew going in he'd loose his marbles, but we just didn't pounce on the opportunity... In fairness he took it well
When did Brian "snap"? We went in on a tackle and took the guy down. 2nd yellow. Didn't punch him, kick him, yell, swear, nothing. I guess every on who has ever received 2 yellows "snapped". A red, the guy went bazzirk!!!!! He got his 2nd and "took it well". Well, that's no snap show. FYI, he had 1 red and 3 yellows in 24 games this year.
If anyone 'snapped" and "lost his marbles" it was your centre mid guy on Martin; swearing at him the whole time, but no card for that.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
Ya, I think the best part of that goal was when he ran up the sidelines pointing at the crowd and saying "maybe this will shut you up!" only to do himself seconds later during his celebration. Nice one dumbass, he looked great the last 17 min. hobbling around! :eek:

Emilio was cramping up, not an injury. And his 2nd goal of the game did, in fact, shut up the crowd. So, in essence, Emilio was correct in his statement to the crowd. Hell of a prognosticator!
And, yes he was hobbling around, but the fresh legs for PAU still couldn't beat him down his wing. He was the "Man of the Match".

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
How did the red in the Sap / PAU game come about? Also, how did Lion do in the heat on Sunday? :D

Dude- whowillneverripLiononTTPagain.
first one was a pushing match with Hos after a foul on someone else and the second was a stupid tackle at mid field about 2 feet from the sidelines.....good choice! Both incidence warranted a yellow.....no snap, just dumb choices!

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is well done from the two Valley teams.
Our guys are obviously a little disappointed with the result

The Valley really has to set its standards much higher. "A little" disappointed? WTF?

Gordon Head + Extra man up on Sapp = A ticket to the semi's. The fact that PAU could close that deal is more than a little disappointing. It's downright shocking!

Congrats to the Sapp boys and good luck. Assuming Brian gets one game, I hope he gets a chance to play in the final...Opportunities like this don't always come around.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forest for the trees Sandman.

Valley got 4 teams into the last 16. Pretty impressive for a third rate league, regardless of what happened on the day.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying that it is impressive the FVSL is even allotted four spots in the sixteen team tournament?

Just a little wind-up attempt

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2: we'd have four teams anyhow, regardless of how well or poor the entire league's teams would have played.

But, Sandman, offside with that. Everyone hates loosing, it's just that some are more gracious in defeat than others. Some choose that if they can't say anything nice, not to post. Others can find it in themselves to post something classy. WAB, Studs, Skip, Red Dragon, even Guinny amongst them.

I expect Cainy hasn't postd yet because he's either too pissed, hungover, or both.

Others, I may add, miss the final 16 entirely and decide to take a swipe at a group of guys who just played their bags off, but were unlucky in a devastating loss.

To each their own.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandy:

When I said that I didn't realize that PAU had been a man up.
Bearing that in mind, are you kidding me?

Sapp and SU, last time I checked, did extremely well in the league this year.

The bottom line is one game went to OT and Chilli just took a powerhouse like SU to a one goal match.

Sorry mate but I stand by it.
PAU and Chilli should feel very good about how close they did come to going to the semis.
Maybe PAU should be disappointed.
Not because they were one man up but they did take Inter to task last year and didn't better themselves this year.
Still, all in all, well done.

Good luck to the remaining teams and I hope Brian Donald, if Sapp go through, gets one game so he can play in the dance.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger, Dude, LFC

Taking into consideration that Gordon Head and Salt Spring were springboards to a "one game takes all" game against some very good competition........it offered the Valley teams an opportunity to really make a mark that hasn't been left in 7 years and counting.

I would never question the metal, work ethic, or desire of any team in the FVSL. In fact the passion the FVSL teams exude is very impressive.

Every time April rolls around, the FVSL teams always put up a good fight.........If the VISL or VMSL teams don’t show up to play or if they simply go through the motions..........they are going to lose. HOWEVER, my minor point (which included a pisstake... :rolleyes: pardon me) is that the FVSL teams should not be satisfied with a couple of "almost" results. Reading between the lines from some of the posts, this is what I have perceived.

Sandman

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, what happened to KNVB's post? Now, I look like an idiot 'cause I can't delete this when I was trying to make him look like the idiot.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went something like this:

I quite like B. Donald too and agree to play in the finals is a terrific experience and I wish all players could do it once before their playing days are over, but I have to be honest, I'm going to do everything I can to see he doesn't, this year anyway. ;)

KNVB's famous for deleting stuff he's written though. Probably thought of the old dressing room wall scenario, you know, don't make the beast angry.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you alright Dap? Go take your pill, sunshine.

I'd like to point out I'm staying out of this conversation completely. I'd also like you all to make a note that I was labeled a cnut for even suggesting the same things before and would also further point out sandman seems, to me anyway, as being let off with just a slap on the bottom. Maybe the valley guys have gone soft. Fcukers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just trying to help out...I know you guys are short on mods (that's not a pisstake at Dap)...not that I'm applying.

Also, on Sandman's light spanking: it should be noted that his comments come across as hollow, due to the fact his team didn't make it to Provincials. Besides, the guy that made the comment "Good for the Valley" is too nice a guy to say otherwise. Personally, I was disappointed in the results- was hoping that one could pull it off. But, those two teams (Sap & SU) each had the distinct edge going in, as they would against most squads not only in BC, but in Canada. The fact that SU even has a borderline retard running up and down the left flank doesn't change this.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
LFC2: we'd have four teams anyhow, regardless of how well or poor the entire league's teams would have played.

Dude, you ruined all my potential fun on a quiet Monday afternoon. You should know me better than that.

Wrong thread I know, and a dead horse, but after a year playing VMSL sides in friendlies, I think the biggest thing holding FVSL sides back is the significant difference in the overall strength of the two leagues. The likes of Sapperton etc. get to play a high level game every week. Top valley sides don't. I don't think Surrey would have had anywhere close to the success they have enjoyed with the same bodies if they would have stayed in the valley. Yes the VMSL teams are stronger, look at the semi's, but in a one off, you have to do more than just show up, POCO being the exception this year. I would be the first one to support one Premier Division, the Island included.

All that said, Vantreights has been the most impressive team that I have seen this year over 90, so my pick to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0