Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters BC Provincial Draw 2009

Final Four Power Rankings: Who should be #1?

• Columbus FC

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • UVIC Alumni

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Westside

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what killed me the most was Catso agreeing that that PK was called and agreeing with ref. Give me strength. The Canucks didn't help my night. The day started out good and went downhill from there.

Whitehart

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would you expect him to do ?.... However he clearly said " I didn't win the header "... That is a fact..... and thanks for reminding me about the Canucks Planks

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well well...here we have AGAIN the beauty of the game. We all look forward to an wonderful afternoon of our soccer (amateur BTW), with the best weather you can have (good for those in the beer garden) and then find out that BCSA or whoever appoint the referees treat this ocassion as a PROFESSIONAL GAME, this is having two teams from the same League that play each other twice or more every season and know each other very well, and the intelligence of the power body in this province is to call NOBODY to officiate the game (this NOBODY knows crap about soccer in the mailand, as I believe this person is from Nanaimo, for what I gathered on the sidelines), to make better (or worst) NOBODY learned before the game that he will be having an assessment on his performance. Knowing this, NOBODY shits on his pants as he wants to impress the person evaluating his showing and we all saw the result of that. I was expecting complain from West Van but when I read Smallsy's report it confirm my dissapoinment as this could be a very good game to play and/or watch.

For the last few years, this is happening. The Leagues, I mean all of them should request to BCSA, that the proper referees should take part in this PROVINCIAL GAMES, and more important NO ASSESSMENTS. They can evaluate the officials without telling them.

Really just fell for the players that took part in this game and for the sidelines who went all the way to witness this.

Just my two pennies.

Pac2010

PS.

Hey NOBODY FYI That's when JAGS started his soccer career:D:D

Delta vs Sapp in the 1st round was also a game that was being assessed. Few calls both teams questioned but it went both ways and I don't think it affected the outcome. Why add another layer of scrutiny to the official in the middle in a provincial game? Not sure who reffed our second round game versus WV but he was fine. Probably not being assessed either.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why add another layer of scrutiny to the official in the middle in a provincial game? Not sure who reffed our second round game versus WV but he was fine. Probably not being assessed either.

Heanjob, 2nd round was also assessed. If these Refs can't handle a simple assessment in a BC Provincial game how can they ever expect to move up to the national level or higher? Which is why they get assessed.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If these Refs can't handle a simple assessment in a BC Provincial game how can they ever expect to move up to the national level or higher? Which is why they get assessed.

They have all season to be assessed, if they choose to ref in leagues that don't give them the tough games maybe they should ref in leagues that do.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Whistle Blower. I figured these games are more than competitive. I am not bashing as I thought the reffing was pretty good. I did not see the game everyone seems to be going on about. I am positive that it had to be the refs fault and that the players had nothing to do with things getting out of hand :)

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys...Whistler Blower is spot on.

Sir M

What I meant by writing "professional" is the way they appointed the refs (no lino)...see in the CL, two english teams and the ref was not English. So, here we have two VMSL teams and they have a Nanaimo ref (don't know if the quality is the same every weekend in Nanaimo though) But they could use a ref from the Valley League as they have to deal with the Rangers (Hi Coach, RF), Delta and the other teams THERE). Actually that was an excellent game for WHISTLER BLOWER in MHO.

Thanks for agreeing to my post anyways, with that you confirmed where JAGS started his soccer. :D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for agreeing to my post anyways, with that you confirmed where JAGS started his soccer. :D

Everybody's career has to start somewhere, and it usually is juvenille soccer. Pacifier2010, did you happen to start your 'soccer career' with Man Utd. or Chelsea? :rolleyes: This ref should have stayed where he has probably been reffing all his career and that is juvenille soccer. Two days later and he is still a muppet.

JAGS

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of the things that is such a head scratcher is that our game wasn't a vicious physical game. This wasn't a hard one to ref. This guy was obviously out of his league or had the most off-day reffing around. He completely screwed up an easy call on Peg's first goal, and then got most calls wrong after that which lead to tempers to flare. Rather than settle everyone down and have a pow-wow with the captains, he brought out the Red. And then it continued downhill.

I can't think of one shitty challenge the whole game long, so it wasn't like a Sapperton game or anything like that.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy,
You are correct. There was nothing out of hand in that game. We have all played in much worse games than that. Tackles were clean and solid for the most part. He lost it on the first red, then on WV first goal. (After looking at the pics it is fairly obvious IMHO). Then to be back on our heels for 60-70 mins. The PK was the worst. I can see the red following as Mac let him have it verbally. Ususally calling a ref a P**** of S*** is going to get you tossed but that could have been avoided. Make the right call. There is no doubt WV was playing for PK's but give them that opportunity. Anyways It is too bad. Good luck in the finals.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Whistle Blower. I figured these games are more than competitive. I am not bashing as I thought the reffing was pretty good. I did not see the game everyone seems to be going on about. I am positive that it had to be the refs fault and that the players had nothing to do with things getting out of hand :)

There has been alot of meetings before the cup and the leagues requested a few things that was totaly ignored by BC Soccer . So i am a bit pissed off.

When it comes to players being sent off, the ref can only responed when a player has gone against the laws of the game. Smart players will know if the ref has a good understanding of the game (not the laws all of them know the laws) or not.

Vote Balsa for Premier :p:p:p

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BCSA always thinks the best time to give new refs experience is during the Provincials. Makes sense. Look, we all know it's a pathetic bunch at BCSA, did you really expect anything else?

BTW, still pissed at losing in PKs.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first STRAIGHT red was a for a verbal question after a bad call. " Where do we find you people ( with the added head shake" I know very offensive :rolleyes: I was unaware that would result in a straight red with no warning? Maybe I am wrong. Maybe those tough questions don't get asked during a juvenile game so he was not sure how to respond? Still can't believe it.

Congrats to Westside.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Freddy there should have been a pow pow!!! I know the old days the muppet would have been scalped!!!

Still shocked at the man in the middle and his extremely lack of experience and his inability to shut down is rabbit ears!!

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs Sapp in the 1st round was also a game that was being assessed. Few calls both teams questioned but it went both ways and I don't think it affected the outcome. Why add another layer of scrutiny to the official in the middle in a provincial game? Not sure who reffed our second round game versus WV but he was fine. Probably not being assessed either.

The refs last name was Deleeba (sorry for the spelling) who did your 2nd round matchup vs West Van.. For what it's worth I thought he did a very good job.. And yes he was getting assessed cuz I know the gentlemen..:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0