Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters BC Provincial Draw 2009

Final Four Power Rankings: Who should be #1?

• Columbus FC

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • UVIC Alumni

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Westside

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coveside v UVic game was an odd game to watch. Coveside showed up with 11 players and managed to slow the game down to conserve their energy. UVic had lots of chancesn and the Coveside keeper made some great saves. 2- 0 at the half and could easily have ended up with a Coveside win. The 3-2 goal was an amazing free kick right in the top right corner.
Congratulation to Coveside for their great display of sportsmanship.

" Even with the odds against them, they had a spirit on the team that reminded me why we play the game.
"

I thought it was for chicks and beers

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my humble opinion...I'm saying SirM (aka: the special one) and his WV boys gotta be the team to beat in this years Masters Provincial Cup!

Beating Big Ian (aka: Sir Alex) and his DMU squad is no easy task.

Not to say the other teams are not worthy but WV has played a majority of it's last ten against VMSL comp and FVSL comp which is to say slightly stronger competition than the competitors playing against the VISL or NSCL.

The FVSL Masters (loads of provincial cup trophys thanks to SU back in the day and Coaches Rump-Rangers of recent days) have been putting quality on the park for many a years now...the VMSL have finally figured it out and have been getting progessively stronger over the past five or so years....so finally the Masters Provincial Cup will not have a FVSL team as a finalist.

All the best!

Galby

Apr 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
A quick update on the game Vantreights vs. Columbus. No score in the first half but Columbus had more of the play, and had a shot hit the crossbar and bounce down onto the goal line. We had a couple of counter attacks that their goalie came out nicely on. We woke up in the second with more pressure but their defence held strong. Our goalie robbed one of their strikers up front from about 7 yards all alone (had they lost, he'd be thinking about that one for a looonnnggg time). Columbus' first goal was an own goal off a misheaded through ball that caught our goalie going the wrong way. Columbus second goal was with about 5 minutes left when we were trying to score to tie it up. All in all, Columbus had the better play and we had too many unforced errors. They were a fun team to play against with only 1 yellow given in the game.

I think Columbus will be in tough against UVIC as the two play similar styles but i think UVIC has the edge in midfield and up front.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya just gotta love road trips to the Island:cool:

A little bit about the Uvic vs Coveside game;

Our own tongue in cheek match report can be found here,good read.

CovesideFC | Forum

My 22 empties worth;

Always a tough trip to travel to the Island, especially when only 11 make the boat! What the hell do you say or do? :mad: There all over 35, worse than kids!

Side note, a few Coveside players may be looking for new teams:eek:

We had 11, they had 22, hottest day of the year.

We started ok, trying to slow the game down as much as possible, and hit them on the counter! When we did we had some chances, but there 2 center backs were up for it! They move the ball very well from side to side, and back to front! They dominated in chances, and out shot us big time. I thought they were always looking for the pretty goal, rather than just hitting it! They figured that out in OT, to our dismay!

We got a fast break against the run, 1-0

Unfortunatly one off their strikers received an unfortunate injury in a clean play, colliding with our keepers knee! Ambulance delay.

If any Uvic guys are reading this, again we send our best wishes for a speeedy recovery! Never like to see that!

We were up 2-0 nothing at ht

They tied it up around the 75-78 minutes, then the onslaught began. No subs caught up to us. Both teams had taken a red by then. One of our guy's that has been out injured for 3 mths, basically stood at the center line for the last 30 minutes(including ot)first game back,well done to get that far!

We knew once we went to OT we were screwed! We held on for the 1st 15, but it all collapsed in the 2nd half. They scored an absolute cracker from 25yds out, laser to the top corner! Game set and match.

Ended up 5-2, and Uvic were very classy in not running up the score in the last 10, when we were down to 8 guys! Except for the clown on the bench! Pretty funny when even your own tean is telling you too f€€k off, and show some class!

I do know that all 11 guys from Coveside, can hold their heads high, and be proud of what we did, with what we had! 10 minutes from victory!

That also was shown by the Uvic fans, and players afterwards, with the applause and accolades we received.

I believe we did the North Shore proud!

Lots off good laughs, even with the Uvic guys afterwards. I wish them well, as they are in a different class!

Haven't seen Columbus in a few years. But my money is on Uvic!

Well done Coveside!

BTW; WAB what did you do this weekend?

Hint: Coveside had a fantastic weekend!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hats off to Coveside. I really don't know how they hung in there, but no matter what I've said, they have battled made the NSCL proud. Congratulations.

West Van is my pick. They are battle proven. Their last 3 games have been against some of the best and they are oozing with confidence.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hats off to Coveside. I really don't know how they hung in there, but no matter what I've said, they have battled made the NSCL proud. Congratulations.

West Van is my pick. They are battle proven. Their last 3 games have been against some of the best and they are oozing with confidence.

Thank you! I don't remember you as being classless when we were younger!

We actually are not as bad as we looked last week, I thought RCIU forced us into a k&R game. I was quite surprised they played that way!

We were far better yesterday for about 20 minutes in that heat.

BTW the Camosun facility for sports excellence is top notch! In the middle off nowhere an amazing turf field and complex, complete with dug outs bought from FIFA after the U20's. We were Greece btw!

Except you can't have pints at the field, ya have to walk 50yrds to the parking lot. Whats with that crap?:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Deuce, I do hope that you did not take offence to my post. I meant no disrespect to DMU, who, once again, are a quality side. It is funny how people can have such different perspectives. One thing I think we can all agree upon, is that the more games like this a team can play in, the greater likelihood for success. That may have been the difference on Sunday.

Finally, I am truly sorry to hear about Richard's missing teeth. I am told that the older Carphin brother was shielding the ball and Richard tried to get in from behind, and Shane did not see him.

I have coached Richard in the past, and he is a great guy (by the way, how many top notch goaltenders do you have on your team)?

Anyway, on behalf of our club, sorry about that, it was not intended. BTW Shane was in Lions Gate Hospital til 0300 this morning for tetanus shots and getting teeth surgically removed from his forearm. That cannot be pleasant.

Sir M.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Deuce, I do hope that you did not take offence to my post. I meant no disrespect to DMU, who, once again, are a quality side. It is funny how people can have such different perspectives. One thing I think we can all agree upon, is that the more games like this a team can play in, the greater likelihood for success. That may have been the difference on Sunday.

Finally, I am truly sorry to hear about Richard's missing teeth. I am told that the older Carphin brother was shielding the ball and Richard tried to get in from behind, and Shane did not see him.

I have coached Richard in the past, and he is a great guy (by the way, how many top notch goaltenders do you have on your team)?

Anyway, on behalf of our club, sorry about that, it was not intended. BTW Shane was in Lions Gate Hospital til 0300 this morning for tetanus shots and getting teeth surgically removed from his forearm. That cannot be pleasant.

Sir M.

Sir M I did not take offence to your post. This is ttp isnt it!! I agree to disagree with you, thats all..
Both teams playing tremendously hard and physical. It was very entertaining with the game going to OT.. Both teams leaving it all on the field with fantastic intensity.
Thank goodness Dick has a good dental plan, no more pearly whites.:D
I know you have coached Dick in the past, you have also coached me.:D:D
Deucy

HACKER

Apr 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
throwing an elbow is a very effective way of shielding ! i'll use that on him next time !
fun game to play in none the less . good luck in the next round !

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you! I don't remember you as being classless when we were younger!

We actually are not as bad as we looked last week, I thought RCIU forced us into a k&R game. I was quite surprised they played that way!

Sometimes games, like class, go that way.:D

I'm envious of the sports facilities smaller cities with more open space build. Not only that, but the city is behind as well. It's an embarrassment for us in the city to show off our "complexes"; a field with a port-a-potty.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For everyone's info re semifinals:

Open Division Mens:

Metro Ford vs West Van FC A. South Surrey Athletic Park #7, Saturday, May 9, 4 PM.

Bays United vs Gorge. TBA.

Masters Division Mens:

West Van FC M vs Westside. South Surrey Athletic Park #8, Saturday, May 9, 2 PM.

Columbus vs UVIC Alumni. South Surrey Athletic Park #8, Saturday, May 9, 4 PM.

Sir M.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For everyone's info re semifinals:

Open Division Mens:

Metro Ford vs West Van FC A. South Surrey Athletic Park #7, Saturday, May 9, 4 PM.

Bays United vs Gorge. TBA.

Masters Division Mens:

West Van FC M vs Westside. South Surrey Athletic Park #8, Saturday, May 9, 2 PM.

Columbus vs UVIC Alumni. South Surrey Athletic Park #8, Saturday, May 9, 4 PM.

Sir M.

Wow, thats a crap time for Uvic to play! I would be all over bitching at BCSA about that one!

Unless of course they asked for that time, can't see it though!

Galby

Apr 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually for us Islanders that would be a gorgeous time as we'd tell the wives the game went to quintuplet overtime and we missed the last ferry so had to spend the night at a bar called Brandi's

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually for us Islanders that would be a gorgeous time as we'd tell the wives the game went to quintuplet overtime and we missed the last ferry so had to spend the night at a bar called Brandi's

It's over rated, plus you would have major explaining to do. A few beers in that place leaves a huge whole in the wallet!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0