Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters BC Provincial Draw 2009

Final Four Power Rankings: Who should be #1?

• Columbus FC

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • UVIC Alumni

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Westside

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
At work...according to my ASS...into OT the score is West Van 2 Westside 3 don't know how much time is left, he said that West Van had two red cards though:rolleyes:

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW! I don't know what to say. Finnished with 9 men. Two lousy straight reds for questioning brutal calls. The lads put in a gutsy effort, but the man in the middle was being assessed and I think he failed!:confused: Terrible display both ways, but we got the short end of the stick right up the ass! A peno in OT for Mac winning a header in the box against Catso. Weakest call I have ever seen. :mad: Down 2-0 and to 10 men, fought back to 2-2 then The shite show took over.

Bitter and out!

Well done Westside.

Whitehart

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll echo that Besty.....Well done Westside and all the best in the final !!

The ref was way out of his depth... equally bad both ways, you have to admit that but to give a p.k. the way he did in a semi final overtime....... Well, I thought I'd seen it all :mad:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ref was a Muppet. Comical when I approached the Ref's Asseser after the game and he rolls his eyes and actually has a chuckle. Seriously a joke from the Muppet in black. All the best to Westside in the Final. Still trying to figure out why Smallsy nickname is 'Smallsy'. He was solid today.

Off to get pissed as pissed off at another muppet ref in the BC's.

Ref, if you are reading this ........... you are a Muppet. Go back to U 9 co-ed.

Fcuk am I pissed off.

JAGS

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good ref is never noticed in a game and should not be visible. This was not the case this afternoon. I do agree that dodgey calls were made both ways, including the West Van goal but to award a PK in OT that was hardly a foul at best is diabolical. Both teams battled hard and it is really too bad that officiating had to be the difference. This had the potential to be a great game. I know the players on both teams were disgusted by the officiating . BC soccer has to do something about his. It is getting out of hand. Where is Miro when you need him.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not think I have never seen a greater display of incompetence by a referree. Good luck to Westside and also to Columbus in the final. BCSA: just a request...is there any way in the future that we can get a non panic-stricken official...perhaps someone from the VMSL or FVSL instead of from God knows where for a Provincial Cup semi? And please lose the evaluation idea for these games?

Congrats to Westside and to Columbus. That should be a great final, with two teams that should be there.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
can only reiterate the sentiments of previous posts...ref was brutal. i could tell five minutes in that he was going to struggle.
as for the game...i thought we were full value for the 2-0 lead on two tidy finishes by nuke. game turned upside down when a bad non-call for a foul against merks gifted west van a goal. just a gong show from there. both teams perplexed by decisions and a straight red to west van for chirping turned the game again. credit to west van for continuing to play and finding an equalizer. we carried the play the rest of the 2nd half but couldn't find the mark including a late nuke effort off the post.
ot was once again turned upside down...a soft call indeed followed by another red for chirping and i'm sure we would have been just as pissed had it gone the other way.
shame to see the reffing take centre stage on such a nice day and a good battle between teams that know each other well.
absolutely looking forward to playing columbus in the final next week. their game appeared pretty even throught the first half but then columbus took over with uvic appearing to be spent.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still pissed off and proceeding to get pissed with the other Bear Cub and S. Carph. Did I mention the Ref was a total Muppet and also still trying to figure out Smallsy's nickname. Must have something to do with his last name ........... I hope.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy .......... still love you BTW.

Good match report and truly appreciate your total accuracy on the Muppet in the middle. Did I mention that I thought the ref was was a Muppet?!?!?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is Miro when you need him.

Insert Rene and WAB as the poster, and you have the last match for Sapperton.
It is too bad that the best refs in the lower mainland don't get these games. Talked to Bobby before the game and asked why he wasn't in the middle, "I am too old for this now". Come on, Bobby could do a bang up job in any game with one leg. Do we have to up the money in the big games to get the best refs, because it would be worth it, Rene, are you up to it.

hos

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well well...here we have AGAIN the beauty of the game. We all look forward to an wonderful afternoon of our soccer (amateur BTW), with the best weather you can have (good for those in the beer garden) and then find out that BCSA or whoever appoint the referees treat this ocassion as a PROFESSIONAL GAME, this is having two teams from the same League that play each other twice or more every season and know each other very well, and the intelligence of the power body in this province is to call NOBODY to officiate the game (this NOBODY knows crap about soccer in the mailand, as I believe this person is from Nanaimo, for what I gathered on the sidelines), to make better (or worst) NOBODY learned before the game that he will be having an assessment on his performance. Knowing this, NOBODY shits on his pants as he wants to impress the person evaluating his showing and we all saw the result of that. I was expecting complain from West Van but when I read Smallsy's report it confirm my dissapoinment as this could be a very good game to play and/or watch.

For the last few years, this is happening. The Leagues, I mean all of them should request to BCSA, that the proper referees should take part in this PROVINCIAL GAMES, and more important NO ASSESSMENTS. They can evaluate the officials without telling them.

Really just fell for the players that took part in this game and for the sidelines who went all the way to witness this.

Just my two pennies.

Pac2010

PS.
JAGS said:
Ref, if you are reading this ........... you are a Muppet. Go back to U 9 co-ed.

Hey NOBODY FYI That's when JAGS started his soccer career:D:D

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking!! Shocking!! Today was a pefect example why bcsa is a second rate organization. The man in the middle, was aweful!! I chatted with the assessor after the match to request a copy of his report and he chuckled at me. If the referee, two linesman and the assessor believe they did a good job, bcsa has a problem.

Incompetency leads to second or third class organizations.

Hats off to nuke for scoring two great goals!! Good luck to westside and columbus in final.

Canucks also suck!!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westvan - tough today boys. It is always a good match with youguys, and that one was altered by the man in the middle. We should have had Tak or someone who lets us play soccer and call intent. Agree on everyone's report and agree with Smallsy that it went upside down on the first Peg goal. After that, no one knew what the call would be, but it was always wrong either way. It could have just as easily gone against us after that. Linesmen also stank for the record, at least the one doing the line where everyone was on. You guys are a class bunch, and the reds were BS.

On to Columbus.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacific 2010, while I agree with your post, I do not know if I agree with the BCSA policy about this being a professional game, unless that policy is only for Masters. The reason I say that is it was an all VMSL semi in the open div at our 4 o clock game, and it had a VMSL ref and the lino on our side was also a VMSL ref. I sure wish we could have had that lino ref our game.

QOTD:

One WV player, not yet knowing he would be sent off in the first half, on the drive out: "Tomorrow my mom is going to say to me 'can you show up for mothers day brunch just once not hungover and stinking like booze?"'

Former Coach of the Year "Tell here its her fault, she gave you the alcohol gene".

PAU put on a great event. Thanks Guinness et al.

Sir M.

Redroof

Mar 5, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I slept on the result from yesterday's debaucle of a game between WVFC and Westside and the pain still lingers. To let some guy decide the outcome of the game, rather than letting the players on the field decide the outcome is a crime.

The PK that was called 2 minutes into OT was a joke...two of the biggest guys on the field going in hard to win a head ball with a PK as a result was icing on the cake for this ref. I didn't even know he knew what he called because it took him a minute to point to the penalty spot!!

I agree with the Westside guys on our first goal...it was definitely a marginal call...but par for the course as far as this ref was concerned. But to have our team claw back to tie with ten men and to lose the game 2 minutes into overtime stinks.

As one of the other posts commented, we know the Westside guys pretty well, why not have a ref that knows both teams also. This guy was out to lunch!!

Good luck to the Westside guys next week...they're a good bunch of guys.

Whitehart

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come to think of it I don't remember the last time I've been part of a game where both teams and supporters have been so wound up by the man in the middle.... I appreciate the fact that people are only human and of course we all make mistakes but football was clearly way beyond his expertise.

Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a good referee... there are in my opinion only a handful in the masters division....and I look forward to having these guys as much as some of our toughest opposition......

The difference is with guys like Rene, Angelo, Walks and so on is that if they have never played the game you know they watch it and love it..... The Muppet (yes Jags) we had yesterday simply had no common sense whatsoever which gives him no place to take charge in a provincial cup match...Who cares if it's masters or not.... maybe we are a bit older and not as sharp as yester-year but we still deserve referee's with a proven track record.....the level of competition isn't any different

On the same topic... Stevie Mac is all class and if one other person can tell me he fouled JC clearing that ball yesterday then I've got it all wrong..... if not then, What the **** was that clown in the polo shirt playing at :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0