Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters BC Provincial Draw 2009

Final Four Power Rankings: Who should be #1?

• Columbus FC

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • UVIC Alumni

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Westside

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Hose... I did run into their potential players late this aft and he advised...

Sir M

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB - I thought we had lost you to an angry drunk tirade resulting in threatening of an officer, and subsequent solitary confinement with no hope for bail. Glad you made it out.

No, probably the more common, " I only post when we win, flu" which is quite common on here.

Which is different from I only post when I drink, flu.... Hi Dickens and Captain Shamrock :)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3
Nanaimo 1

not sure the result was ever in doubt as we carried the play, but as usual made it more difficult then it had to be. up 2-0 at half. half dozen opportunities to put the game to bed went wanting. they score a soft one to make it 2-1 before we finally score the third to finish it.

sir m: nuke got one game :p

footie4ever

Apr 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uvic 5 -2 Coveside in added time.

Coveside scored in the first half and then early on in the 2nd half to take a 2-0 lead. Uvic scored one midway through the second half, and scored again at the 80th minute mark on a speculative shot from about 20 yards out.

Regluar time ended with the score knotted at 2-2.

Uvic scored late in the first 15 minutes of added time and added 2 more in the second 15minutes.

I thought the officiating crew was spot on throught the match.

2 Red cards (Uvic player sent off for denying a goal or goal scoring opportunity in the firs half; Coveside player sent off for a hard slide tackle/kick from behind).

A Uvic player was injured late in the first half when he and the Coveside keeper collided. This resulted in a lengthy delay as the paramedics were called.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3-2 Delta .........in extra time!

Very entertaining game............I will let those involved comment further but a great night out at Holly...........

My MOM was Shultzie...........just a monster back there.........

Good luck to those remaining:mad:

JP

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got the call from Dickens (love that kid!)

West Van up by Two but Delta came storming back with two of thier own,

Good job Delta for battling hard boys! West Van in OT.

Congrats you crazy bear cubs....I guess i am taking you two kids out golfing this week,

Go on West Van...This could be the year to "Make It Happen"

Congrats again W V....Heads up Delta Boys..Good Job!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3 DMU 2.

No wonder Sir M's hair is not getting any darker.

We get two in the first half and miss another 2 or 3 sitters, and everything is on cruise control other than our top scorer having to come off with a knock at halftime, we could have been a good four up. Sir M actually left the pitch to go visit his brother and say hi at that point, but NOT SO FAST Sir M said Delta: DMU abruptly scored on their first chance of the match at about the 55 minute mark. And of course, all of a sudden the feisty DMU side took it to WV for the remainder, getting the tying goal late in the game.

WV did settle down after we all had a bit of a talk after full time, and scored one late in the first OT period.

Tough to play in Delta at 6 on a Sunday, and DMU are a good, honest side who gives anyone a run for their money I bet. Nice to see big Ian, and DMU is a side that certainly earned my respect today.

Sir M.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and DMU is as side that certainly earned my respect today.

Sir M.

Well do you have time for a dye job before the semi's in S. Slurrey next weekend.
Hey, Delta are the FVSL Champs this year, so they can't be half bad.
We will see the Cubs next weekend, if you need a place to stay, I will talk to old S. Millar for ya, he is right down on the beach.

hos

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Hands of Stone, what are you doing in South Slurrey next weekend, the semis are in two weekends. You running a camp or something for the Bear Cubs.

Tough luck to cside17, would have been nice to have another North Shore team in the semis.

Great job by the back 4 tonight for WVFC especially Whitey!!

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Hands of Stone, what are you doing in South Slurrey next weekend, the semis are in two weekends. You running a camp or something for the Bear Cubs.

Tough luck to cside17, would have been nice to have another North Shore team in the semis.

Great job by the back 4 tonight for WVFC especially Whitey!!

Cheers Eagles, I will post more tomorrow, tough loss with only 8 guys!:eek:

Congrats to Uvic, and of course both WVFC teams!

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3 DMU 2.

We get two in the first half and miss another 2 or 3 sitters, and everything is on cruise control other than our top scorer having to come off with a knock at halftime, we could have been a good four up. Sir M actually left the pitch to go visit his brother and say hi at that point, but NOT SO FAST Sir M said Delta: DMU abruptly scored on their first chance of the match at about the 55 minute mark. And of course, all of a sudden the feisty DMU side took it to WV for the remainder, getting the tying goal late in the game.

WV did settle down after we all had a bit of a talk after full time, and scored one late in the first OT period.

Tough to play in Delta at 6 on a Sunday, and DMU are a good, honest side who gives anyone a run for their money I bet. Nice to see big Ian, and DMU is a side that certainly earned my respect today.

Sir M.

Hey Sir M their was no cruise control for you my friend.. You gotta be fkn kidding.... Couple of decent shots but nothing big Larry couldnt handle in the first half.... Give me a fkcn break......U said you had a couple of sitters ,there you go dreaming again.... I think HeanJob (i know I'm not suppose to name names but I think RM- centre mid) Heanjob played a great game.. In the 2nd minute Heanjob got his teeth knocked out by # 11 a Carphin.... no call...

When the ref ( Deliba) looked at his FRONT TEETH and said oh well...

At half it was 2-0 West Van......

Delta came out with great energy in the 2nd half. Scored 2 great goals to send this game into extra time..

MOTM for DMU: Kevin Shultz in the backline.... Great Game.. Solid......
MoTM for WV: Steve McDonald winning almost every header in the air....!!!!! as always....

Difference in the first half was little Mandela for West Van he was very effective on the second goal.......

Overall great quarterfinal matchup at Holly turf.!!!!!:D:D

Cheers Deucy

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M their was no cruise control for you my friend.. You gotta be fkn kidding.... Couple of decent shots but nothing big Larry couldnt handle in the first half.... Give me a fkcn break......U said you had a couple of sitters ,there you go dreaming again.... I think HeanJob (i know I'm not suppose to name names but I think RM- centre mid) Heanjob played a great game.. In the 2nd minute Heanjob got his teeth knocked out by # 11 a Carphin.... no call...

When the ref ( Deliba) looked at his FRONT TEETH and said oh well...

At half it was 2-0 West Van......

Delta came out with great energy in the 2nd half. Scored 2 great goals to send this game into extra time..

MOTM for DMU: Kevin Shultz in the backline.... Great Game.. Solid......
MoTM for WV: Steve McDonald winning almost every header in the air....!!!!! as always....

Difference in the first half was little Mandela for West Van he was very effective on the second goal.......

Overall great quarterfinal matchup at Holly turf.!!!!!:D:D

Cheers Deucy

The player who had his teeth knocked out by the razor sharp elbow is not me, was Dick Mann on our team. What a warrior he is....we were looking for his teeth and ref starts telling us that we have to keep game moving.....Dick finds one of his shattered teeth and then goes off for a few mins to stop the bleeding . Back on to battle for the rest of the game.

Thought that we came close to tying the game just before there second goal at the end of the first half. We were a different team in the second half and came close to winning the game before full time.

Congrats to West Van on a good game. Good luck in the semi's.

Delta is not happy with the result but I think we are satisfied with the progress this year. Can't wait till next season.

HJ

barney

Jul 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coveside v UVic game was an odd game to watch. Coveside showed up with 11 players and managed to slow the game down to conserve their energy. UVic had lots of chancesn and the Coveside keeper made some great saves. 2- 0 at the half and could easily have ended up with a Coveside win. The 3-2 goal was an amazing free kick right in the top right corner.
Congratulation to Coveside for their great display of sportsmanship. Even with the odds against them, they had a spirit on the team that reminded me why we play the game.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, for Power Rankings purposes, staff have added a poll to this thread. We are seeking public input, as most of the SMEPR staff are slow, live in tree forts or under the stands at Hastings Park, ride bicycles, do not visit the dentist or floss on a regular basis, and nickname their local Subway proprietor"Harcourt".

So who should be ranked #1 (or 1 through 4 for that matter)?

Remember, the big criteria for the rankings are current performance and strength of opposition. Unfortunately for you VISL fans, shut-ins, and people who cannnot get out to the games, last year's performance is not a big factor. Sorry about that.

Before you vote though, here are a few stats for reference:

Last 10 games performance:

Columbus FC (VMSL): 6 wins, 3 losses, 1 tie, all against VMSL or VISL teams.
UVIC Alumni (VISL): 8 wins, 1 loss, 1 tie, all against VISL or NSCL teams.
Westside (VMSL): 6 wins, 1 loss, 1 tie, all against VMSL, VISL, or NSCL teams.
West Van FC (VMSL): 7 wins, 2 losses, 1 tie, all against VMSL or FVSL teams.

As far as the VMSL teams go, head to head, the teams stack up as follows:

Columbus: Vs. Westside: 1 win, 1 draw. 4-3 on aggregate. Vs. West Van: 2 wins, 1 loss. 4-3 on aggregate.

Westside: Vs. Columbus: 1 win, 1 draw. 3-4 on aggregate. Vs. West Van: 0 wins, 2 losses, 2-7 on aggregate.

West Van: Vs. Columbus: 1 win, 2 losses. 3-4 on aggregate. Vs Westside: 2 wins, 0 losses, 7-2 on aggregate.

Traditionally (before this year) Columbus is pretty even with Westside, but have struggled against West Van. Westside is pretty even with Columbus, but have an edge over West Van. West Van has an edge over Columbus but until this year have struggled against Westside.

Not enough data from the VISL as to the UVIC history against the aforementioned sides, and any input would be welcome.

Sir M.

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As an "Old Idiot" (RCIU for the newbies) I would give the VMSL edge to Columbus as they are the only team to take full points off of us this year and finished above WV and WS in the standings. That said I also thought Sapp were the best team we'd played all year.....and we know their fate. Clear as mud???

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0