Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local All stars vs the world

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big news tonight!! The PCSL All-Stars (yet to be determined) will play host to Hearts of the SPL and the VMSL All-stars will play host to Millwall. I've already been re-called into duty as an expert water bottle filler and sock tape dispenser for the VMSL All-Star side and will be doing my best impression as an PCSL player to try and win myself a spot vs Hearts. Hell, I've already got a goal celebration down in tearing off my shirt to reveal a Celtic top. Now, to only make the team.... and I guess actually score a goal.

Oh and I think Canada is playing in there some place...

Super exciting for local footy I say.
MILLWALL AND HEARTS TO COMPETE IN INTERNATIONAL PACIFIC SOCCER SERIES

http://www.bcsoccer.net/icons/ecblank.gif

— The British Columbia Soccer Association (BCSA) is pleased to bring world class soccer matches to the shores of British Columbia this summer. Teams representing England, Scotland, and Canada will battle off against each other, as well as against All Star teams from the Pacific Coast Soccer League and the Vancouver Men’s Soccer League. Games will be held in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island from July 9th to 18th in the 2004 International Pacific Soccer Series.

Hearts Football Club from the Scottish Premiership will represent Scotland in the series — a recent victory over the mighty Glasgow Rangers helped to secure a third place finish in the top flight of football in Scotland. As a result, Hearts will compete in European Competition next season against many of the world’s largest and most successful clubs. Last year’s UEFA Cup competition included Inter Milan, AS Roma, Barcelona, Newcastle, and Liverpool.

FA Cup Finalists, Millwall Football Club, will be on hand to represent England. Under the direction of former England player Dennis Wise, and former England Captain Ray Wilkins, this team made its way to the final of the oldest “Football” Competition in the world. The final game against Manchester United was viewed by an estimated viewing audience of over 1 billion people worldwide — and played under the watch of 72,000 spectators at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Millwall FC’s success in the FA Cup also means a place in Europe — with the new format of the UEFA Cup competition guaranteeing the club at least four games against Europe’s best.

Canada’s National Men’s Team will represent the host country in this International Series. Now under the leadership of Frank Yallop, the team is currently in preparation for their world cup qualification matches. The National Team has a Head Coach with a pedigree of success in Yallop — as Head Coach of the San Jose Earthquakes, he led the team to consecutive MLS titles. Also representing Canada will be the Vancouver Men’s Soccer League All Stars and the Pacific Coast Soccer League All Stars, who will each play single exhibition games against Hearts and Millwall.

Each of the participating teams is awaiting final international clearance from their respective Football Associations (FA, SFA, and CSA), and tickets for the non-exhibition games are expected to be available on Saturday June 5th through Ticketmaster. In recognition of the tremendous local support shown to the Vancouver Whitecaps, tickets will be available to season ticket holders for the two days immediately prior to going on sale to the general public. Tickets for the exhibition games involving the PCSL All Stars and VMSL All Stars will be general admission.

International Pacific Soccer Series – Game Schedule

Canada vs. Heart of Midlothian FC

Monday, July 12, 2004

Kick Off: 7:30pm

Millwall FC vs. Canada

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Kick Off: 7:30 pm

Heart of Midlothian FC vs. Millwall FC

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Kick Off: 2:30 pm (may be at 12pm if televised live in the UK)

Ticket Prices

Gold: $25

Silver: $20

Bronze: $15

Plus applicable service charges

Exhibition Game Schedule

Millwall FC vs. Vancouver Men’s Soccer League All Stars

Sunday July 11, 2004

Kick Off: 4pm

Heart of Midlothian FC vs. PacificCoast Soccer League All Stars

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

General Admission: $15 each

An additional attraction during the week of the Series will feature the players and coaching staff from the Millwall and Hearts teams in a Pro-am golf tournament, held in support of grass roots soccer. The tournament will be on Thursday, July 15th at the Swan-e-setBay Resort and Country Club in Pitt Meadows. Following the tournament, a World of Soccer Banquet is planned, which will give fans the unique experience of dining with and meeting the playing and coaching staff of the teams. The evening will provide an opportunity for fans to hear from some of the coaching staff and players about their life in football. For more information about this event contact Ruthie Shugarman at Canadian Meeting Professionals Inc (604) 720-2682. Other events surrounding the tour will be announced as details are confirmed.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The tournament will be on Thursday, July 15th at the Swan-e-setBay Resort and Country Club in Pitt Meadows
There's a better golf tourney happening that day... someone's stag starts on the golf course I've heard... :D

~Regs.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With 2500 hooligans barred from travelling to Portugal this summer it pleases me no end to read the Millwall travelling nutjobs will have another venue at which to release their famous aggro. They do, after all, live in the same part of London as Fastshow. In the third person most of the time, too.

This has provided me with a supremely good business idea; intricate maps showing the knuckle-dragging members of my community the easiest ways of getting to your gaff. Theirs for £6.53 or, failing that, the immediate release of Beanbag's Man Ure training top. He's been a popular local figure since the Cup Final. I always liked having a whack at the pinata during Christmas holidays during my schooldays as well.

Coquitlam, if it didn't have enough to worry about already as being the armpit of the Lower Mainland, is now, officially fcuked. Still, thousands of pissed up South-East London reprobates tearing the arse out of the Lougheed Mall might just improve the fcuking place.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Will the FVSL Allstars be playing the Chinese Allstars again?

:D

~Regs.

I don't get it. :confused: What are you saying Regs????

Anyways, kudo's to whoever put this together. Great for the local scene, especially to see the National team out in Vancouver for the first time in awhile. Hopefully we will see a full squad with the likes of Radzinski and Pesch.
Only then can we make the call as to why we are 93rd in the world stuck between the perrenial powers of Vietnam and Guinea :eek: .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm saying that it would be a shame to not include the 2 teams that started this international event last year :D

Actually, what will be a bigger shame is that these games will probably get no more "talk" than what is happening here...

Cheers,

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what is a REAL shame? You burning the bridges that we all worked so hard to build this past weekend.

Why do you have to be like that?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I'm saying that it would be a shame to not include the 2 teams that started this international event last year :D

Actually, what will be a bigger shame is that these games will probably get no more "talk" than what is happening here...

Cheers,

~Regs.

If the local soccer scene including BC Soccer, the CSA, the Whitcaps can't sell this, then we are doomed to ever see something better here than what we now get with the Whitecaps. $15-$25 is nothing. Is there not 10000 fans out there to pack Swangard? It will be interesting to see what sort of marketing blitz they put behind this. Nice feature on Sportsnet last night.

Clever Regs. Your right, this is the second invitational.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
You burning the bridges that we all worked so hard to build this past weekend.

What goes on the road stays on the Road, TR, you should know that, Mr. Dancing Queen. Good Piss-take, TB.

Can't see Hearts or Millwall having the same line-ups for the Canada matches and the All-star games, but I am sure the National team will do OK against the Youth players that are brought over.

The PCSL All-Star team just won't be the same without Mighty Khalsa and its players in the mix this year.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh I don't know about that HOS, you just never know where a couple of the "Khalsa players" might just pop up. On a much, much better team though, of course.

No one notice that these two teams will be playing against Vancouver's two (best) amateur league all-stars, but not our professional club?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvbNo one notice that these two teams will be playing against Vancouver's two (best) amateur league all-stars said:
Looks like they they were too scared to play our FVSL allstars.I mean how embarrassing to get thumped by some farmers. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada vs. Heart of Midlothian FC

Monday, July 12, 2004

I wonder if the the mini-Huns will be marching before their match. I wonder if there is any way I can suit up for Canada for just a couple of minutes. :D Couldn't have picked WORSE teams to come here, at least in terms of their supporters. The mini-Huns and Millwall(Rangers' blues brothers :rolleyes: ) are even worse than the Original Huns. Seriously. Should be good for a few riots if nothing else.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millwall FC vs. Vancouver Men’s Soccer League All Stars

Sunday July 11, 2004

Here is a good piss take for the Millwall game, the VMSL keeper can wear my ManU Blue in the pipes, now if that doesn't get you run, I don't know what will.
How many megs can smallsy get in this one?

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm guessing Smallsy will get a MAXIMUM of one meg against these animals because his ankle would be broken when attempting to pick the ball up on the other side. So technically it would only be one meg. BTW, I watched the FA Cup final again yesterday, all the way through. How bad was Millwall? Fcuking atrocious. Ronaldo was ON FIRE that game and I can't believe Van Divealot go player of the game. He score a fcuking penalty and an offside goal. I would have gone with co-POM with Giggs and Ronaldo. That poor baldy left back cnut for Millwall looked like he had been run over by an 18 wheeler when he came off with 10 minutes to go.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one meg would be hopeful, unless knvb is given some sort of honourary millwal jersey that is. what would be even more hopeful is getting the chance to be there. it is jammo's spot so i have no plans to be there. i'm sure i'll be missed if that is the case. :rolleyes:
on a side note, a triumphant returned planned with pocomo this weekend. see you there captain?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
smallsy with my duties being so intense last go around I may be afforded an assistant medical water bottle filling sock tape dispenser technical advisor. You know how high maintenance the Gomes brothers can be. I'll see what can be worked out.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy,

Probably not. I ran a bit today and that is probably enough for a few days. Besides, I saw coach Gielty today and he said the opponent is the shoc-king Romanian team. I'm not sure my eyes could last looking at the hideous yellow 1984 throwbacks. Seriously. He did say that there should be quite a lot of players available tomorrow, so I will not get to see your megs on the Romanians.

Captain

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I ran a bit today and that is probably enough for a few days.
Yeah, I forgot to thank you for picking up my check in the middle...every time! :)

Smallsy, way to keep the eyes open tonight ;)

+SC

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
High maintenance???? I didn't even realize. Sorry knvb, I guess it's a Portuguese thing, but you did a great job dealing with us last game :wa: !

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0