Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local All stars vs the world

jambo

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
back to the talk at hand here!! im looking forward to H-E-A-R-T-S and Milwall going to Vancouver. maybe show us canadians how tae kick a baw! or a limb....by tha way, whitecaps are not even in town that week until friday night, though it would have been a much more attractive match.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jambo said:
...by tha way, whitecaps are not even in town that week until friday night, though it would have been a much more attractive match.

I disagree jambo, I think the allstar teams will put on a much better show than the Caps, they would be too afraid to lose to one of these two teams and would produce a boring defensive game. I am hoping and think that both allstar teams will go at Millwall and Hearts, and take the game to them, both could be very entertaining games, because neither allstar team has anything to lose, but the players on both teams are most likely tuned up to take it to the visiting teams that are on summer vacations.

hos

jambo

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i hope so.....this jambo isnt flying in there for nothing!!! you are right though, not taking anything away from the local talent, it should be very entertaining. i hope the place sells out, fills right up to the brim, as well as my pints in the garden!
vive la france!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL All-Star vs Hearts

GK
  • Didar Sandhu - Clan
  • Dave Stockton – Kelowna
D
  • Paul Vndenboom – Vic
  • Andrew Rose – Kamloops
  • Aaron Rose – Frase Valley Action (FVA)
  • Martin Shaefer – SU
  • Zico Pescada – Penticton
Mid
  • Mike Lupton – FVA
  • Will Moore – Vic
  • Kevin Gilbert – Vic
  • Todd Stauber – Skagit
  • Matt Mori – SU
  • Mark Peters - FVA
  • Vince Stewart – SU
FWD
  • Tiarn King – Clan
  • Jimmy Krueger – Kelowna
  • Dana Garner – Seattle
  • Ryan Hopp – Skagit
Coaches
  • Dante Zanatta - Vic
  • Martin Foden – SU
Totally gutted
  • KNVB
Have at er HoS.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This from a thread yesterday, by knvb.

"Yes, you just keeping telling yourself that sunshine. Better cross your fingers only 5 minutes left before gym class and a game of Dodge Ball where the whole agonizing process starts all over again. Good luck with that.

And since you've never been on an All-Star team before I'll let you know how it works. Every team votes in 3 of their own, then a committee and the president of the league pick the side from there and I believe that all happens tonight. I know deep down you're cheering for me."

Looks like a fine team selected by the PCSL.

What players will be playing in both games, I see Didar, King, and Mori, are there any others.

Perhaps knvb can get on as the Tape/Beer man.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the deal with the VMSL allstars?

I've heard they have had a couple of training sessions and yet Notty says he hasn't heard a word? Who's coaching the VMSL Allstars if Foden is coaching the PCSL Allstars?

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What? That's it? That's all you've got for me? That's about par for the course for you, I guess. Don't know really what I was expecting coming in, but when I saw you had posted I did tell myself I wasn't going to get upset and cry… again.

I know for sure I would have turned down the dubious honor of Chief medical sock tape adviser had I been asked. They did however decided to bring a real trainer/Physo guy this go around in Craig Richards from Clan. Go figure.

In looking at the picks and the league there is no way you can't question Didar being the best keeper. Don't know any of those backs other than Shaefer, but from the amount of goals scored on each team this season there already has to be a few questions about the back line. Shaefer I excuse for 1 he’s a team mate and I know how good he is and 2 he's only played about 4 times this year.

The midfield is tight, but I don't believe that Stauber kid has even played this season so I wonder about the logic there. Political maybe? Considering for the moment that he owns the Skagit franchise shall we? Who knows? I like to make things up as I go. Vinny has been SU's most steady midfielder this season and Matt Mori... well its a no brainer. (If he's fit)

Upfront... what can I say? We (VMSL) know that TK is a cracking player. He has, I think, 5 goals this PCSL campaign and is a big reason for a lot of Clans wins this year. Jimmy Krueger of Kelowna has 8 goals in 11 games played. (Leads the league) All 8 have been in his last 8. How can you not? Ryan Hopp from all accounts is a super player and I think has 6 in 11 now. Dana Garner had a short stint with the Caps three years ago I think. Ego gets the better of this numpty to often for my liking and looking at the team is Seattle’s only representative so I can assume since he their leading scorer that’s why he’s there. Not a big fan of his nor do I rate him very high. Could be me being bitter as well. Probably it. I’m right there with these guys as far a goals go with 5 of my own. I think I got stitched to tell the honest truth, but only having 3 full games under my belt probably hurt me. What do I know though? I already told you I like to make shite up as I go.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
What? That's it? That's all you've got for me?

Ok, here goes, there is allways the Fraser Valley League, I am sure all the Muckers will vote for you, if you can eat 5 sausages, who cares about 5 goals. Or perhaps the Co-Ed Dragons will give you their support, but if Notty isn't getting the call with all his Direction from the Dragons back line, how the hell will they notice you.

Unlucky son, you can run beside me tonight at the Muckers game, that should cheer you up.

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs- I was thinking the same thing...

Notty & I are at Whistler Saturday, so I doubt he's heard a peep.

That said, I wouldn't mind checking out the games in town.

What was the VMSL line-up named earlier this year?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL vs Millwall

Goalkeepers:
Cory Breure (Burnaby Canadians);
Didar Sandhu (Indo FC)

Defenders:
Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians);
James Prescott (Westside Rino);
Tony Gaita (ICSF Inter);
Darren Nott (Burnaby Canadians);
Mark Gomes (Sporting Club);
Peter Hjorth (Surrey United)

Midfielders:
Cory Janzen (Surrey United);
Paul Dailly (Pegasus FC);
Brian VanSchagen (ICSF Inter);
Matt Mori (Khalsa SC);
Todd Stauber (Surrey United);
Paul Favaro (Sapperton Rovers);
Tiernan King (Clan Alumni)

Forwards:
Alex Elliott (Columbus FC);
Peter Bergholz (SportsTown Firemen);
Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves);
Justin Thompson (Trollers FC)

Coach:

Martin Foden (Surrey United)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard the scoop from an anonymous soccer source (ASS) that, apparently, the VMSL all-star squad will be represented by a bunch of young SFC players that have been training together this summer. My ASS, you see, was named to the original VMSL all-star team, as shown above, but did not get the call for this match. My ASS figures it was because he was up in Whistler getting laid the last time the all-star team played.

Curious as to if there is any validity in this...is this the young SFC team Pete Costly is running this summer? I would think it would include Adam, Garret, Greener...

How many of the other named all-stars will be playing? Also, what does it say for the coach that won't even give my ASS a curtosey call? Pretty lame...I think my ASS is hurt. I mean, isn't there a pecking order here? Doesn't it mean anything to the coach that my ass worked hard all year to earn a go? Hasn't my ASS been an all-star the last two years?

But then, this is all hearsay, and I may just be taking out of my, erm, bottom.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely you jest Dude?

And, My Ass that was funny stuff. :D

Does your source (Notty) know that Milwall are training at NAP?

My hunch is this would be where the SFC players would mix in for a showcase session?

From what I gather from Stevie Millar, he's getting right prepped to play.
We'll find out tonight I guess.

My suggestion is the Muckers should play Milwall.

RF

Iffers five ov em, and one ov me, I'll ave a go....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My ASS isn't Notty.

:rolleyes:

(BTW: if my ass would phone me to confirm that we're meeting at 7:30 @ Seymour's Pub Saturday, that'd be appreciated.)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly have no idea what's going on as far as the game or its players goes. I do however know that a select few "All-Stars" have contacted the coach themselves asking what's going on and perhaps if they could get a run in with his summer team. I highly doubt even the VMSL in all its wisdom will pass a chance to showcase your ASS and the rest of its front bottom players in such a "high profile" event like this for a bunch of dumb incoherent cnuting kids (DICK) perhaps if your ASS spent less on the field instead of playing it this wouldn't be happening.

I would hope the VMSL sorts this and gets this DICK out so your ASS can finally rest comfortably knowing he'll be called an All-Star again.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about that Dude.. You know I would never want your ASS to be sore....at me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Excellent site:

VMSL ALL-STARS

Didar Sandhu - Goalkeeper - Indo FC
Cory Breure - Goalkeeper - Burnaby Canadians

Mike Gomes - Defender - Sporting Club
Tony Gaita - Defender - ICSF Inter
James Prescott - Defender - Westside Rino
Steve Millar - Defender - Burnaby Canadians
Peter Hjorth - Defender - Surrey United

Paul Dailly - Midfielder - Pegasus FC
Mark Gomes - Midfielder - Sporting Club
Todd Stauber - Midfielder - Surrey United
Matt Mori - Midfielder - Khalsa SC
Mike Dodd - Midfielder - Pegasus FC
Cory Janzen - Midfielder - Surrey United
Brian VanSchagen - Midfielder - ICSF Inter

Tiernan King - Forward - Clan Alumni
Andrew Veer - Forward - Metro-Ford Wolves
Peter Bergholz - Forward - SportsTown Firemen

COACH: MARTIN FODEN - SURREY UNITED
ASSISTANT COACH: CRAIG DALRYMPLE - SURREY UNITED
TRAINER: CRAIG RICHARDS - CLAN ALUMNI
So Notty doesn't get a call, but is dropped from the Allstar team for whatever reason.

Paul Favs apparently was also dropped, but I have no idea if he was called or not. Same goes for Alex Elliot & Justin Thompson, though I think Thompson is away with the Whitecaps at the time.

Added to the "allstars" are Mike Dodd & Mike Gomes. Also added are the assistant coach and trainer (who isn't KNVB).

So w/o any info on the whys or hows posted on the excellent site, does anyone here have any info to explain the subtractions & additions?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a bunch of Bullshitt, two guys get voted onto the all-star team by the Coaches and Managers of this League but are dropped for this game, garbage. So Notty could'nt make the Whitecaps game, that doesn't mean he should be left off the team for this game. The guy had good enough perfomances to get picked to the team, then he should be included for this game. Even more reason not to show up and pay $15 to watch the VMSL Allstars play the Millwall reserves and youth players.

hos :mad:

ps. Notty the VMSL Players Association are now on the Case.
We may have to shut this game down.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF???? I was dropped? I was on the roster as of Tuesday night hustling sock tape and water out to the guys all night. I feel so used. First the PCSL passes me over now the VMSL? I quit.

Regs, both Gomesy's were on the team in the first place.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Regs, both Gomesy's were on the team in the first place.
Not according to the info posted on the league's official website.

What other info on the excellent site isn't accurate then (other than Inter being Side A champs)? :D

~Regs.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0