Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local All stars vs the world

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't argue with much of what you said Champlain's Keeper, now give me some fcuking tokens.

I was one of the 40% that thought the guy was on-side on the first goal. It happened so fast not to mention, but I will, I was looking up from the detail work I was finishing up on Notty's right boot. Hate those multiple coloured boots. Major pain in the ass only fitting Dudes was wearing them. Either way it was very close. (PNE did receive an earful though)

Before you get your snout to far up BCSA arse I thought there were a few comical events. 1 that they had 10 new balls scattered around the pitch yet it seemed only 5 were any good and my kid can throw further and straighter than the bloody numpty tossing them in from behind the bench. Hell, I could have done a much better job, perhaps something to work toward in the future. Baby steps. Then their was the lady trying to SELL the players programs for $5.00. “We’ve given so many away already you’ll have to pay” she says…Brilliant. Other than that and shoddy lighting for my polish booth the rest was first class.

Dinner back at Pazzo’s in BBY was very good. One of those 7 course deals. The players banquet never happened (all the abuse for nothing) instead it was just the the VMSLers and the VMSL Executive and its #1 ball boy. (me)

HOS, I’m under contract to the VMSL which we all know is amateur, if I polish professionals boots I would loose that amateur status and could never go back. If I fail overseas I’ll be stuck doing side jobs for tokens at TTP events and begging for scraps out side Kelly O’s and we know with RF around, I would surely starve.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to hear that the Allstars have had quite an effect on these guys...

Apparently the coach was pissed at the result and a lack of discipline off the field of play (missed curfews and such) and decided to cancel a training session out at Newton Athletic Park.

Or so I hear :D

~Regs.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelieveable game yesterday. It was awesome just to be a part of it. Easily the best game i've ever been a part of. Playing with all the others lads VMSL team was great, no egos and a great team atmosphere. Being on the field with all those quality guys makes playing a lot easier. I only wish they had someone filming the game so we could get a copy of it.

The only thing i'm upset about is the misquote in the Province this morning. I clearly told the reporter "It was a great ball by T and i happened to be in the right place at the right time." What does he end up writing = "I was the right player in the right place at the right time." What a bastard.

Anyways, it was an event i'll never forget.

Cheers,
jr.

Regs said:
Nice to hear that the Allstars have had quite an effect on these guys...

Apparently the coach was pissed at the result and a lack of discipline off the field of play (missed curfews and such) and decided to cancel a training session out at Newton Athletic Park.

Or so I hear :D

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomsey if I remember correctly I snapped a few pictures of you doing that interview and to me it sounded a lot like "I was the best player and of course I was in the right place. T's ball was crap and if it wasn’t for me it never would have gone in. Thank goodness for me."

Great team atmosphere indeed.

PS. PM me you email and I'll forward you the pictures.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn, i forgot you were listening, now everyone knows the truth :rolleyes: :D .

On a sidenote, great shouts by Miller who yelled out "Throw in" on a few shots by Millwall that went well wide. The players on the Millwall bench were loving it.

knvb said:
Gomsey if I remember correctly I snapped a few pictures of you doing that interview and to me it sounded a lot like "I was the best player and of course I was in the right place. T's ball was crap and if it wasn’t for me it never would have gone in. Thank goodness for me."

Great team atmosphere indeed.

PS. PM me you email and I'll forward you the pictures.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking 'ell... now I've got Notty emailing me snapshots of Dude's ASS in the Province :rolleyes:

:D

~Regs.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
15 minutes of FAME!

In honor of someone I'd like to call my famous friend... :D

The caption actually reads: Millwall forward Paul Ifill (right) and Metro all-star Darren Nott fight for the ball.

Well done boys! :wa:

F

fullvolley

Hearts 1 Canada B 1

Where were the crowds??? Didn't hear the announced attendance, but couldn't have been more than 1800...yikes! Canada's young "B" legs looked better in the last 15 and scored a 90 minute equalizer off some great 4 way passing. Hearts seemed content for the first 30 to keep possession across their own 35 yard mark and just hoof it when they felt challenged....a bit ugly at times but great touch at other times.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a poor game. Little action apart from the two goals and a shot off the wood work in the first 15.

Hearts looked unimpressive, but that may have been due to the "hard, dry, and bumpy" pitch. I guess Canadian facilities just aren't up to snuff:
One of the pitfalls of playing away at unknown grounds can be the facilities, and the pitch at the Swangard stadium, in Burnaby was not in good condition. “It wasn’t brilliant,” admitted the coach, “but it wasn’t that bad, and it was not the worst we have played on. Sometimes I think you are better with difficult situations. With difficult circumstances you are able to get the guys thinking that it won’t be easy through the season.”

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hearts 1 Canada B 1

fullvolley said:
Where were the crowds??? Didn't hear the announced attendance, but couldn't have been more than 1800...yikes! Canada's young "B" legs looked better in the last 15 and scored a 90 minute equalizer off some great 4 way passing. Hearts seemed content for the first 30 to keep possession across their own 35 yard mark and just hoof it when they felt challenged....a bit ugly at times but great touch at other times.

Where were the crowds? Better question is where was the marketing? Trust me when I say other than the real dedicated soccer people, the vast majority of people had no clue that this was going on. A few writeup's in the paper the last couple of days, but too late for families to change their plans to get to Swangard for a 7 start on a weeknight. I can only imagine how many of the 1800 were comped.
Love, hate or be indifferent about Millwall, but they were in the FA Cup final two months ago. Has that been splashed in ads in any form of media? A few grassroots web-sites but little in mainstream media. Regardless of it being preseason friendlies, I cannot imagine that a marketing person would not have loved to sink their teeth into that, especially when a lofty goal to have aspired to was 5-6000 fans. And $25 as the top ticket.

One other peeve is that this was, poorly mind you, advertised as Canada's national team. Probably not a soul on the field or bench last night will be playing against Guatemala in August.

Forget who my source was, remember it being credible, but I believe BC Soccer had to get 3500 plus paid out to break even on this venture.

As an aside, congrats to the VMSL for their showing on Sunday. Enjoyable afternoon, as I would pay $15 to see and support this before I get back to see a Whitecaps game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC- great points.

Town Center was packed only because everyone there was literally friend or family to the players. That, or a FVSL player coming out to see how the game is really played. :rolleyes:

Yeah, for $15.00, great value. $25.00 too. Hopefully Millwall & Hearts can make up the difference.

F

fullvolley

BC Soccer marketing of games

Saw some write ups that there were 3000 at the Hearts/Canada game...if they were counting both halves of the torn ticket, perhaps :confused:

I agree with LFC2's comments, re the lack of marketing points...funny thing is, the BCSA has gone from a couple of paid employees 5 years ago to an office staff of 8-9 people all drawing salaries...surely one of those bodies could have come up with some publicity better than what was out there. Only way I knew much about what was going on was via the BCSA website...which covers all the games/plans well but I doubt more than 20 people a day visit their site. Any business person knows if you rely on a web note and a couple of small write-ups for an event like this, then you ain't getting close to breaking even! :rolleyes:

Funny thing was to see the RCMP patrolling Swangard, perhaps on the lookout for Scottish hooligans!? They probably had a report from Swangard staffers telling of a Scottish pro team here and to send some bodies in case of mayhem....! :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearts 4 PCSL 1

Apparently Hearts were very good. I also heard TK scored a great goal undressing two guys and tucking a side-footer into the corner. The game was also recorded by City TV.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the tri-city news

craig hodge/THE TRI-CITY NEWS

Paul Ifill, left, of England's Millwall F.C. beats Vancouver Metro All-Stars' goalie Cory Breure for the game's first goal during Sunday's opening match of the 2004 International Pacific Soccer Series at Coquitlam Town Centre Stadium. Millwall trimmed the All-Stars, 2-1.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody needs to teach Cory how to look behind himself every once in a while so he is actually defending the net... he had any possible strike at the corner flag covered though, well done :D

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He had just stopped Ifill on a breakaway and then the rebound from that. The ball ended up right on the touch line and Corey was scrambling to get up and cover the post. Can't tell who came sliding in there.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well you should. It's was awfully stupid of you to think he wouldn’t look back to cover the net. Why would anyone shoot at the corner flag anyway? Numpty.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0