Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter 08'

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 4-0 Peg

We scored about 10 mins in, then got another about 30 mins in, half time 2-0.
Scored about 10 mins into 2nd half, then another with about 30 to go. We could of had about 4-5 more to be honest, but there goalie did very well on a couple and we missed a couple sitters as well.

Good game..they came out very hard..as we expected and definitely went for it instead or sitting back and defending.

Don't care who we play next cuz we owe both Croatia and Surrey.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV 4 Peg 0 continued...

Peg could have used a bit of support from their new found supporters/club mates, none of which I saw out tonight. But good to see alum such as Eddie, Regs, Bro, Burrzy, Chico and Eagles etc out and being not sure who to cheer for. The Peg lads were a great group of guys as usual, but tonight, they ran into a bit of a buzzsaw, and the score could have been way worse. Peg worked very hard but ran into a VMSL Premier side very much on form this eve.

I just left Ambleside, and both teams were hanging out eating BBQ'd sausages etc together, which is very cool for all of the old club mates.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Sporting in OT BUT with 6 mins left the lights went out...

...word is next Friday they play the last 6 mins. I think JB is taking the piss, but there you have it.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So that's the difference between Div. 1 and Premier. Fun way to find out.

Let's just say that Chico's BBQ sausage wasn't the only thing that got burnt tonight.

By my estimation, West Van should be the odds-on favorite to win the Imperial Cup. Fcuk, the way it went tonight they're my odds-on favorite to win the World Cup.

At last check, Reedie was eating crispy chorizo with his bare hands and pocketing mini Costco bags of Sun Chips for the ride home. So all was right with the world, despite the lopsided score and freezing cold showers at Ambleside. You've got a great side but your facilites are shite, doo-dah, doo-dah.

Am I being too negative? Fcuk it. We worked our asses off for 90 minutes but it didn't go anywhere. West Van has a kid who launched throw-ins out of a goddamn cannon. The sonofabitch should be tested for steroids but Azzi has more important things to do, like hand out free pizza (only to be consumed on the Golden Boot premises between 2:45-3:30pm every third lunar eclipse). The VMSL needs a Mitchell Report. There, I said it.

Time to wrap this up. If nothing else, we were the only division one side to make the quarterfinals of the Imperial Cup. In your face, everybody. I'm going to bed so I can wake up and regret posting this in the morning.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time to wrap this up. If nothing else, we were the only division one side to make the quarterfinals of the Imperial Cup. In your face, everybody. I'm going to bed so I can wake up and regret posting this in the morning.

your the only team who got a bye in the round of 16... u played a romania team that showed up a few week ago with 8 guys at the game

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If nothing else, we were the only division one side to make the quarterfinals of the Imperial Cup.

actually indo made the final 16 too.

jb is not taking the piss. second year in a row where the lights went out (figuratively...or possibly literally), during our imperial cup run. we were "handily" tied 1-1 after regulation. sporting scored early in OT and the lights went out in the 2nd half of OT (as expected...why the fcuk do we even start OT knowing it is going to happen??). there is apparently six minutes, plus stoppage left to play next friday. i'm thinking a 1-3-6 formation for the six minutes is in order.:D

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting - will win handily if Westside fields the team they did last week.

The more you post, the more I think you haven't a clue what you're on about!
Tough game tonight. Both teams with good chances....we rang one off the post first half. They also had their chances.
For the record, same team we fielded on that excuse for a pitch last week.
6 minutes plus injury time to go....tall order, but we're still there....kind of:rolleyes:.

Good luck tomorrow CS.......honestly:rolleyes: And patiently waiting for an uncharacteristic post after your game.

GIRFUY:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting - will win handily if Westside fields the team they did last week.

The more you post, the more I think you haven't a clue what you're on about!
Tough game tonight. Both teams with good chances....we rang one off the post first half. They also had their chances.
For the record, same team we fielded on that excuse for a pitch last week.
6 minutes plus injury time to go....tall order, but we're still there....kind of:rolleyes:.

Good luck tomorrow CS.......honestly:rolleyes: And patiently waiting for an uncharacteristic post after your game.

GIRFUY:D

Ach it's all in good fun, right, Dancing Bear? You're right though. I don't have a clue......Good luck in the last six minutes, Dancing Bear. Honestly. :rolleyes:

You're posting as if you were WINNING with 6 minutes to go. :D

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

jb is not taking the piss. second year in a row where the lights went out (figuratively...or possibly literally), during our imperial cup run. we were "handily" tied 1-1 after regulation. sporting scored early in OT and the lights went out in the 2nd half of OT (as expected...why the fcuk do we even start OT knowing it is going to happen??). there is apparently six minutes, plus stoppage left to play next friday. i'm thinking a 1-3-6 formation for the six minutes is in order.:D

I was going to say exactly the same thing, Notsosmallsy. And for the record, Indo, the division one team has made the final 8.........BTW, I'm sure there is A LOT of stoppage time in the extra-time........Having said that, the refs might want to try and make it worth their while by adding a few more minutes on to the game. But I have to be honest........if we were lucky enough to get by the Firemen, I would LOVE to play Westside in the semi-final.....but we have a VERY tough challenge ahead of us, not as tough as Westside's mind you, since you're down with 6 minutes to go.... :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I forgot to mention, Smallsy..........it sounds like you were really unlucky until this point in the game. :wa:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, WVAN looks very impressive. In summary, they've got two big horses up front that can run all night and score goals (Fets and Glanville), 3 other rather large bodies that pop up all over the park (Nashy, Gelley, and Austin, the owner of the far post throw-in), a jinky winger type (Malad) and a jinky full back (Taylor) who can both take guys on and whip crosses in, and oh yeah, a magic sprinkle of veteran pure class (Jinky, who you simply cannot give up a free kick to inside 30 yards or else get ready to perform a kickoff, Doddy, who's a lock for the VMSL All-Time Top XI...and then there's Nico and Shorty, who thankfully weren't even dressed last night...whew). They've got fitness, pace, skill, youth, veterans, size, depth, set pieces, decent goalkeeping...Really the only thing that is missing is a coach...well, at least a coach that has the bollocks to wear his Mini-Mourinho jacket during the match instead of at the post-game BBQ. :D

As Hanson says, this side looks good to go this year for all of the hardware and here's hoping they do it!

Cheers

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Indo can be considered a Div. 1 side until next season so as it stands.
we were the only division one side to make the quarterfinals
:D

your the only team who got a bye in the round of 16... u played a romania team that showed up a few week ago with 8 guys at the game

Oh and for the record Surrey United played Cliff Avenue in the round of 16.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, WVAN looks very impressive. In summary, they've got two big horses up front that can run all night and score goals (Fets and Glanville), 3 other rather large bodies that pop up all over the park (Nashy, Gelley, and Austin, the owner of the far post throw-in), a jinky winger type (Malad) and a jinky full back (Taylor) who can both take guys on and whip crosses in, and oh yeah, a magic sprinkle of veteran pure class (Jinky, who you simply cannot give up a free kick to inside 30 yards or else get ready to perform a kickoff, Doddy, who's a lock for the VMSL All-Time Top XI...and then there's Nico and Shorty, who thankfully weren't even dressed last night...whew). They've got fitness, pace, skill, youth, veterans, size, depth, set pieces, decent goalkeeping...Really the only thing that is missing is a coach...well, at least a coach that has the bollocks to wear his Mini-Mourinho jacket during the match instead of at the post-game BBQ. :D

As Hanson says, this side looks good to go this year for all of the hardware and here's hoping they do it!

Cheers

Well said, Ferris. West Van is the best team we have played this year......sadly our game against them was 90 minutes long. :D :D :D

They will be VERY difficult to beat.....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I am not mistaken (and I frequently am), I believe WV's Ryan Glanville has scored a total of 6 goals in the last 2 games in which he has played, 3 in each.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0