Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter 08'

shipwreck

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To quote the ref of the Sporting and West Side game Friday. There are 2min + 4min of injury time, 6 min total time remaining.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Reeder.........What club do you belong to pal?;)

It's all so confusing..........
Is it as confusing as navigating over 2 bridges to support your club team last night?

West Van looked very good last night and if it wasn't for Sensei, the scoreline would have been much worse. West Van has some very talented and impressive young non-veterans. :D

Anyone know where the Imperial Semis will be played?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does BCs qualification work for VMSL teams? I know there are 9 spots, but how do they shake out?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 Imperial Cup semifinalists and then the rest from Premier division based on points regardless of side is what I recall.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, thats what I thought. So by my math, the following teams should qualify (in no particular order):

Sporting
WV
Indo
Surrey Utd
Croatia
Inter
Firefighters
(Westside, if they come back to beat Sporting, otherwise they do not qualify)

and then two of (or if WS beats Sporting, one of):

Columbus
Delta Metro
Metro Ford

depending on what happens in remaining league games...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh I'd rather be a shitebag than a Hun.........

Well done to the Bhangra Bhoys...............we deserved what we received............WEll done to the bhoys

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here...............making each day of the year.....changing my life with the wave of

There...........running my hands through her hair.............someone is speaking

I want here everywhere and if she's beside me

each on believing

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me I

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy/Dancing Bear........

How do you like them apples? At the end of the day.....division one or premier, teams play to have a shot at the provincials. We're there now and who knows what will come from it. The Bhangra Bhoys have been fantastic recently.........the Hendersons will all be there.......

**** the Huns

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done cs/indo. i caught the last 60 of the game and indo were full value for the win. we'll see what we can do about pulling off a miracle next friday so you boys can have another shot at us. wish us luck?:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done cs/indo. i caught the last 60 of the game and indo were full value for the win. we'll see what we can do about pulling off a miracle next friday so you boys can have another shot at us. wish us luck?:)

Thanks, Smallsy. Yes, I wish you all the best in the remaining six minutes. Good luck......:thumbup:

:)

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 1 Croatia 0.... Croatia carried most, if not all of the play in the first half, SU gets one against the flow of play just before the halftime whistle. Second half SU sat back for the most part. Croatia couldn't crack the SU defensive wall other than a sweet volley by Peschi that Sheps made the save on.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to go Burnsie and Indo! Great result. This particular competition is suddenly shaping up to be a CSL reunion from the mid-1990's...cue Vic Rauter + Graham (no, that's not a dent in my forehead) Legget...Potentially Mosher could be coaching against Ring-Burns in one semi...meanwhile, Mr. October, Millar, could faceoff against Doddy, Jinky, Nico and Fiorvento (mini-Maurinho jacket tucked into kit back in the event of a victory) in the other...Hello, Retro VMSL. The only thing missing is Gregor Young, the capacity crowds of just under 200 family and friends, Alan Ferris himself, 7 teams folding for "financial difficulties", and the subsequent circus of dispersal drafts.

WVAN to win Imperial and Provincials (i.e. "the coat" to make 2 more appearances).

Cheers and good luck.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus reddie get pumped 4-0 nil, toss you a couple of sausages from the grill and a pint to wash it down is all it takes to predict the next Provincial champions? You should stop by Newton on a Friday night the Rangers could use the boost.

Surrey vs Croatia – Croatia is admittedly good on countering and their forwards do a lot of great little crossing runs with the mids trying to slip them through balls into the gaps... so on the day they had a bunch of chances like that BUT they were all taken away by good defending and good positioning by Millar when nessasary. (I hate to admit the big cnut had a pretty good game.) I thought Croatia dictated the play more in the first than we did too but it wasn’t totally lopsided as suggested. We did score on a last second run when Rizal took the ball inside our half and basically out ran their entire team… Blakes pounced on the rebound and scored with about 8 seconds left in the first half. We should have scored 2 before that though on good chances... Blakes tries to chip the 6’9” Didar off an awful turn over from Darko and Fowler had a breakaway stopped by a tidy tackle from one of their backs.

The second I though was even until the last 15 or 20 when classic cup football kicked in. The team winning puts 10 behind the ball and defends like mad. They did have a world class build up stopped by a world class save late. Johnny Sulentic… 40+ yard ball on a rope to Olie who takes it down with one touch then pings it across the box to Pesh who full Volleys a rocket from right side- the top of the 18 headed straight for the top corner which somehow Sheppy got his hand on and tipped it over. Class all the way around.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, Reddie must be either Fiddler or Andrew Reed...As for my predictions, I call them like I see them...WVAN is the best side in Premier, although no question there's some sentiment involved. It's either them or Indo.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0