Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2010

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2 - West van 0 (OT)

Rizal got both goals in the second half of overtime... first one off a PK, which was questionable and the other on a nice set up by Angus on a counter attach with West Van pushing up. Ill leave the details of the PK for two-nine to talk about.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There now...it's official. Surrey is better than West Van this year, end of discussion. League + Imperial cup = 2/3 majors = more silverware than the former Trollers = let's see a Provincial and then a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BOYS!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to SUFF......it was only fitting to have one of each club with their respective cups today. :D

I would like to see preseason predictions.....as I do think I might have gone SUFF 1st with West Van second......or the other way around. :D

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill leave the details of the PK for two-nine to talk about.

would have been exactly the same situation and result @ the other end of the pitch if it were in the SUFF penalty area. end of story.

good game, good battle.

Good on Riz for both goals, redemption from last years loss on the same pitch v wvfc!

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all congrats to Surrey for their win. no berg i do not think that surrey is a better team. I think that we are very evenly matched and both teams battled hard yesterday. For a game like that to be decided by a ref is bullshit. No need to be the center of attention Kevin. But for some reason he bit on the pk call. It was terrible and embarassing. Second half of ot and that is how the game was decided. Disgrace. He let so much stuff go during the game and then gets fooled by a flopper. Whatever we have all had those calls with and against us and now we have to move on to bc's. The ref should give his head a shake and take off those stupid red contacts.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
29 after the game, I walked by a bunch of Croatia guys who were standing on the bluff by the washrooms at the northeast corner of the park. So they would have had a birds eye view of the OT PK call. They emphatically pointed out that they concurred with your comment about the non-foul that the ref bit on. He did get himself noticed though, I guess that's the main thing with him.

Oh well, if West Van would have buried one of their chances earlier, hopefully this would have been a non event. Good win by Surrey though.

Sir M

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
no berg i do not think that surrey is a better team. I think that we are very evenly matched and both teams battled hard yesterday. For a game like that to be decided by a ref is bullshit. No need to be the center of attention kevin. But for some reason he bit on the pk call. It was terrible and embarassing. Second half of ot and that is how the game was decided. Disgrace. He let so much stuff go during the game and then gets fooled by a flopper. Whatever we have all had those calls with and against us and now we have to move on to bc's. The ref should give his head a shake and take off those stupid red contacts.

inhaler.jpg

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk was the only team in the Imperial cup to score not one but two goals against Surrey!Is there still any haters out there that think NK shouldnt be in Div.1 or are we considered a "quality" Div.1 side now?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final definitely was "a battle" and it was a shame to see it decided on a controversial call by the referee. I thought there was no way the player in question could have suddenly soared through the air like that without any contact but I guess that was the case. A West Van player pointed out that had he not dove, contact was surely going to happen anyway...still, no contact equals no foul equals no PK. Only the players involved truly know.

Other than that, a fairly entertaining game with both teams missing some chances to score...as always, some key players out due to suspensions, injuries, signing with pro teams etc. In my opinion, Angus and Steph really stood out for Surrey and ultimately helped them get the victory but it was a great effort by both teams. Congrats to Thomo and Surrey United.

Surrey United with a crack at the treble this year...I will go out on a limb and predict that they see West Van again in the semi final.

Speaking of predictions....Regs, now that we know all the participants, how is the Masters and Open bracket pool coming along? :D

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk was the only team in the Imperial cup to score not one but two goals against Surrey!Is there still any haters out there that think NK shouldnt be in Div.1 or are we considered a "quality" Div.1 side now?

Mr. McSherry,

Correct me if I am wrong here but nobody said you weren't a quality Div.1 side, nor that you shouldn't be in Div.1. If I recall it was just said that you guys weren't Premier material. That you are a quality Div.1 side is apparent just by virtue of your finishing 4th. If you guys add a bit more scoring punch, look out because you'll be knocking on the Premier door. Close finishes against Punjab, Chile and Van Olympics mean you are just a step behind them. All in all the train had a good year in Div.1 and should continue to build on a successful 2009-2010 campaign...Just please spare us from anymore of that poetry next year :D

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to surrey!...and to west van. easily the two best teams this season.
a bunch of us had a great view of the play in question. from our view(cornerflag) it looked like it was a dive with no contact.
the debate ensued after because some guys(strikers??) were saying that the su player did the right thing by selling it. i say falling is acceptable, but diving is cheating. but thats just my opinion.
not that pk's are ever a good way to end a game, but its too bad that didnt happen. seemed destined for them.
both teams also seemed frustrated by the lino across from us. he made some bad calls, and non-calls for both teams.
and so ends "the year of the officials". branca must be proud. his boys are becoming famous...for the wrong reasons. in my 17 years of mens premier, this was easily the worst officiated season i have experienced.
Bobby Brown...we miss you!!!

blade

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
29 after the game, I walked by a bunch of Croatia guys who were standing on the bluff by the washrooms at the northeast corner of the park. So they would have had a birds eye view of the OT PK call. They emphatically pointed out that they concurred with your comment about the non-foul that the ref bit on.

I hardly think the credibility of that particular crew makes your claim valid.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There now...it's official. Surrey is better than West Van this year, end of discussion. League + Imperial cup = 2/3 majors = more silverware than the former Trollers = let's see a Provincial and then a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BOYS!!!

here we go again just come down getting too excited here ...National Champs lol

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
here we go again just come down getting too excited here ...National Champs lol

Not getting excited at all, just cheering on our VMSL champs Sneds. Who's the man to watch this year over at the Callies? When do you guys kick off for the season? I'd wish you luck but I don't think you know how to react to compliments...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0