Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2010

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm......sounds intriguing. :) That was a GREAT tournament back in the day.

Now, what exactly will you be celebrating? ;)

Winning the "TTP - Shut The Idiots Up Contest".:D

Actually, it probably is a great time to bring that tournament back. The Richmond League is relatively stronger and with more teams, and the big club is united. It is something worth exploring.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - 1:D

Hey Richmond, sshhhhhh.....

If not for you, Sixfyv, this is a 5 -1 game.

Complete dominance by Sapp in the middle and on our back line. All kick and run for Richmond. Do you guys have a system? Only caused chances with 5 minutes to go and all in the air. Sapp fully deserved this game as they completely controlled the wings and mid. Trevor Todd was awesome up front and would have scored a few more if not for the cheap shots from the collective group. Celenza's speed killed today as Richmond couldn't keep up with him, and Booker & Colin in the mid controlled things all too well.

Breakaways and goal mouth scrambles should have had this game at 3 - 4 buzz with 25 to go. Richmond' #9 cheap-after-the-play guy was in Sven's back pocket all day. And Sven hasn't played in months! A good way to ease back into things for him with a player lacking. The red-head in the back was Richmond's best player, but also a bit of a goon himself. Solid in the air once Trevor Todd went out with another gooner injury by Richmond.

Reyhan & Kyle ate up the Richmond defense - they had sooo much confidence and Richmond was afraid to play 1 on 1 with them.

Sapp wasn't without Ted and Woody and still handled this game with ease.

I was really shocked at the drop in level of the Richmond team since November. Richmond is a really bad team - when I think about it, it was a miracle they beat Norvan. Right now, this team is the worst team in Premier and probably deserves to be going down. Without 6-5 , this team is Div 1 at best.

What happened Richmond TTP boys??????

Lets not allow WAB to get away with these kinds of comments. Lets remind WAB that Sapp won without him as coach.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, your opinion about the level or style of play you have witnessed lately (ie eyes bleeding), may make some people think that the BCPL is a good idea, and only the top four or six VMSL teams should be involved.

Should I say that it has been great football to please everyone? :confused: I would be telling porkies then.

Sir M, you have to remember that I have watched the bottom 4 teams in the league the last two weeks so that can be taken for what it is worth. Each of the teams has division one players in their squads and it shows....

If this is what the bottom VMSL Premier teams are like.....can you imagine the bottom Valley teams? :eek:

:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Helloooooo? What happened to the drunken Idiots' comments late Saturday night Sunday morning?

Did coach put a gag order on them after that embarrassment yesterday? Come on, I am here just waiting for the posts.......come on boys!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kaapie posted this Dec 09

OK, enough of comparing these whining Sapps to rugby players. Rugby is a great sport filled with good sportsmanship despite the fierce competing that takes place on the field. The Sapps were indeed really dirty cheap shot artists that inexplicably got away with it due to the shocking ineptitude of the ref. My god, who can have thought anyone could have been worse that whining number 10? Impossible? Wrong, Milo was nothing short of bizarre. Anyone can have a bad day I suppose but this was beyond belief.

The ref was the same and that #10 destroyed you guys in the middle of the park. But lets get back to the December post.....Wait for it, this is the laughable part of the post....

For all you out there that havenot watched RFC progressing, the team and entire club for that matter, is playing better and better football. The long ball is all but dead and so, takes us seriously.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, what I saw 12 weeks later was a bunch of gooners who love the long ball and have no skill whatsoever. The only dirty team yesterday was RFC who couldn't keep with the pace of Sapp. Ugly game or not, RFC has decomposed....

Kaapie, please upload your team's training session video so we can all know what not to do.:D

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well from my view point no team dominated. Sapperton, over 90 minutes, deserved to win the game but it was by no means pretty. Sapperton has some 'younger' guys with 'masters' bodies. I would look fit beside some of them and that's not a good thing. What does it say about our Richmond team? :confused:

It was a game of football which truly made my eyes bleed again. I thought the Norvan game was bad. Well, this might have been comparable. At one point in the second half, several people I was sitting with were laughing (some Sapperton guys) at the amount of times consecutively both teams gave the ball away.

"FFS, that's the 3rd time in a row we have just given the ball away."

"Don't worry, it will be given right back to you."

Sure enough, that is what happened. Possession was definitely of the essence today.

Reedie was licking his chops looking at the state of both teams on the park......Unless Sapperton bring in 4 or 5 fitter guys for next week, in some key positions, it will be a 'Chilesque' beating. But then again, Norvan beat Metro Ford, so I suppose anything can happen and that is why the games are played.

Congratulations to Sapperton on, I think I can say, a victory they likely deserved on the day. Sixfyv, did make some good saves to keep the game close and Richmond's chances were basically misses in front of goal or off the crossbar.

I'm just off to clear the blood from my eyes.

Just to clarify, I was not licking my chops. In fact, what I said was it would be very difficult to beat any team in the league 3 times in a row (mind you, Sapperton did beat us in the pre-season 5-3). Sapperton definitely deserved to win the game yesterday in my opinion...they looked like they wanted it more...next week will be a battle. If anything has been been proven about the vmsl league this season, it is anything can happen and no result should come as a surprise.

On another note, the 9 vmsl provincial slots are getting a little dicey for a few premier teams. Going to be interesting.

The other thing that is quite brutal is teams like Columbus and Delta do not have another meaningful game until Provincial Cup...likely a month from now! With that in mind, it has been rumoured that the 14 team vmsl premier division will play a balance schedule next year (i.e. 1 group of 14). This means 26 games, which should alleviate the aforementioned lack of games late in the season before provincial cup.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, what are you talking about? I had to hand you a paper towel to clear the saliva build up while licking your chops. :D

Anything can happen an it will be a tricky game for ICST Peg.......all games are when you're the favorite

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, just for clarity... it's not that Sapp was the better team on the day... it's that Richmond was the worse team on the day. I know your right chuffed about the win and you should be. Good luck next week as a win will take you to provincials.

I will be focussing on driving my right elbow to my hip over the next 4 months.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, both teams stank at minoru yesterday. The game was an absolute bore to any of the impartial onlookers. I left with about 20 minutes left, not at all interested about the final outcome. The mother and father combo who were splitting the 14 pack of Old Milwaukee had the right idea. Best of luck in weeks to come, you'll certainly need it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, both teams stank at minoru yesterday. The game was an absolute bore to any of the impartial onlookers. I left with about 20 minutes left, not at all interested about the final outcome. The mother and father combo who were splitting the 14 pack of Old Milwaukee had the right idea. Best of luck in weeks to come, you'll certainly need it.

:D

I missed the couple or I would have joined them.....after I stopped the bleeding from my eyes.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain...

[ame=http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-b268dce7efd01eb7757c4342ea425699.html]Sir M / Subtitle movie with BombayTV[/ame]

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

How does it compare to Ladner?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 Croatia over bingers. At 2-2 gloucester boy made a Kirk McLean-esque kick save on a shot from sulentic who had just dribbled around multiple bingers defenders and their keeper. Shortly after bingers had a man taken down in the Croatia box, but no peno given. Croatias winner came after sulentic got free beyond bingers backline and squared the ball to parkes who finished well with the keeper moving across.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 Croatia over bingers. At 2-2 gloucester boy made a Kirk McLean-esque kick save on a shot from sulentic who had just dribbled around multiple bingers defenders and their keeper. Shortly after bingers had a man taken down in the Croatia box, but no peno given. Croatias winner came after sulentic got free beyond bingers backline and squared the ball to parkes who finished well with the keeper moving across.

Thanks Dezza, oddly enough I had visions of McLean stoning Robert Reichel in '96 on that play. Also appreciate you leaving out the part about me turning my head leading to the first two Croatian goals.

Anyway, good game today. Croatia are a skilled team, quick on the attack and could have potted a couple more. That said, our boys battled hard and I thought we carried the play for a good stretch in the 2nd half. Rene is an excellent ref and had a good game overall in the middle today but that was a crucial missed call. Chance for Bingers to go up 3-2 with 10 minutes to go is a much different game, instead they come back the other way on the counter to seal it. Frustrating but Croatia was full value for the win and we're proud of the effort.

Good luck to everyone in the round of 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0