Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2010

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - 1 Richmond

Sapp scores early... We tie it with 4 to go.

Gutted as I gifted Sapp the win with 2 to go. Minor collision at the top of the box where I usually clobber guys, figured the guy would peel off, a minor bump causes the ball to come free and they slot the winner home with a couple minutes to go. Fack.

Both teams battled hard.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - 1:D

Hey Richmond, sshhhhhh.....

If not for you, Sixfyv, this is a 5 -1 game.

Complete dominance by Sapp in the middle and on our back line. All kick and run for Richmond. Do you guys have a system? Only caused chances with 5 minutes to go and all in the air. Sapp fully deserved this game as they completely controlled the wings and mid. Trevor Todd was awesome up front and would have scored a few more if not for the cheap shots from the collective group. Celenza's speed killed today as Richmond couldn't keep up with him, and Booker & Colin in the mid controlled things all too well.

Breakaways and goal mouth scrambles should have had this game at 3 - 4 buzz with 25 to go. Richmond' #9 cheap-after-the-play guy was in Sven's back pocket all day. And Sven hasn't played in months! A good way to ease back into things for him with a player lacking. The red-head in the back was Richmond's best player, but also a bit of a goon himself. Solid in the air once Trevor Todd went out with another gooner injury by Richmond.

Reyhan & Kyle ate up the Richmond defense - they had sooo much confidence and Richmond was afraid to play 1 on 1 with them.

Sapp wasn't without Ted and Woody and still handled this game with ease.

I was really shocked at the drop in level of the Richmond team since November. Richmond is a really bad team - when I think about it, it was a miracle they beat Norvan. Right now, this team is the worst team in Premier and probably deserves to be going down. Without 6-5 , this team is Div 1 at best.

What happened Richmond TTP boys??????

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well from my view point no team dominated. Sapperton, over 90 minutes, deserved to win the game but it was by no means pretty. Sapperton has some 'younger' guys with 'masters' bodies. I would look fit beside some of them and that's not a good thing. What does it say about our Richmond team? :confused:

It was a game of football which truly made my eyes bleed again. I thought the Norvan game was bad. Well, this might have been comparable. At one point in the second half, several people I was sitting with were laughing (some Sapperton guys) at the amount of times consecutively both teams gave the ball away.

"FFS, that's the 3rd time in a row we have just given the ball away."

"Don't worry, it will be given right back to you."

Sure enough, that is what happened. Possession was definitely of the essence today.

Reedie was licking his chops looking at the state of both teams on the park......Unless Sapperton bring in 4 or 5 fitter guys for next week, in some key positions, it will be a 'Chilesque' beating. But then again, Norvan beat Metro Ford, so I suppose anything can happen and that is why the games are played.

Congratulations to Sapperton on, I think I can say, a victory they likely deserved on the day. Sixfyv, did make some good saves to keep the game close and Richmond's chances were basically misses in front of goal or off the crossbar.

I'm just off to clear the blood from my eyes.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp was also missing Garth Lagasse - if he was in net the headers would have never happened. It would have been a shut out for Sapp.

Jeff Rogers and Jason Pierotti were also injured.

When you think about that goon-squad Sapp had back in November, it's incredible that they have improved by 6 goals against Richmond, becuase essentially this was easily a 4 or 5 goal cushion today.

Come on Richmond FC, what do you think about your-world-beater-turned-goon squad over a 10 week span?

Start looking in the mirror, boys. The team and club you ripped on back in November just absolutely dominated your sorry asses.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well from my view point no team dominated. Sapperton, over 90 minutes, deserved to win the game but it was by no means pretty. Sapperton has some 'younger' guys with 'masters' bodies. I would look fit beside some of them and that's not a good thing. What does it say about our Richmond team? :confused:

It was a game of football which truly made my eyes bleed again. I thought the Norvan game was bad. Well, this might have been comparable. At one point in the second half, several people I was sitting with were laughing (some Sapperton guys) at the amount of times consecutively both teams gave the ball away.

"FFS, that's the 3rd time in a row we have just given the ball away."

"Don't worry, it will be given right back to you."

Sure enough, that is what happened. Possession was definitely of the essence today.

Reedie was licking his chops looking at the state of both teams on the park......Unless Sapperton bring in 4 or 5 fitter guys for next week, in some key positions, it will be a 'Chilesque' beating. But then again, Norvan beat Metro Ford, so I suppose anything can happen and that is why the games are played.

Congratulations to Sapperton on, I think I can say, a victory they likely deserved on the day. Sixfyv, did make some good saves to keep the game close and Richmond's chances were basically misses in front of goal or off the crossbar.

I'm just off to clear the blood from my eyes.

Agreed........finally some objective comments

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp knows that to even compete with Peg we will have to have tonnes of luck and a perfect game. I really think Peg is the worst team for Sapp. They are just faster and more skilled and we do not match up well with them.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must admit, WAB, Sapperton didn't play anywhere near the same style of game like it did in November. It also didn't play a good game of football. It looked like it meant more to Sapperton than Richmond for whatever reasons. It was two bad teams on the day which explains, WAB, why you didn't want to make the six-pack wager. :D

As I said, as a spectator and having nothing to do with our Mens Premier team, well done on playing for another week. :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looked like it meant more to Sapperton than Richmond for whatever reasons.
When the draw came out and RFC was on it, after the comments after last game, the guys wanted for Richmond to eat their words.

It was two bad teams on the day which explains, WAB, why you didn't want to make the six-pack wager. :D

What are you talking about? You owe me 6 pack.:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the draw came out and RFC was on it, after the comments after last game, the guys wanted for Richmond to eat their words.

What are you talking about? You owe me 6 pack.:eek:

:D :D

Should I share the PM? ;) :D It's all good, WAB. I will buy you a couple of beverages at Nations Cup even though we didn't go through with the bet to show there are no hard feelings. :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want to join in on the festivities, Sapp will be celebrating with the old Richmond Mayor's Cup down at Sportstown tonight.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, your opinion about the level or style of play you have witnessed lately (ie eyes bleeding), may make some people think that the BCPL is a good idea, and only the top four or six VMSL teams should be involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0