Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2010

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are already looking to next season and are currently trying to work with Immigration Canada trying to bring one of our deported players back from Serbia.... that jinky lil bugger.... Hard part will be for him leaving Slovenia where he was leading goal scorer in div 1 for the VMSL :D:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - Cliff Ave 1 (OT)

Determined bunch of hard working guys but I think the fitness department was their downfall. Sapp kept coming at them and had some good chances to take it in regulation. But hand it to Cliff; they handled the pressure comfortably most of the time. Although Sapp had the play for the vast majority of the game, it looked like Cliff would handle the pressure and take the victory.

Cliff 1-0, 5 minutes in off a set free kick. Ted Ullrich with the nice near post header with 10 to go. Ted finishes it again with the blooping header with 5 to go in OT and Reyhan with a PK with 2 min to go.

Garth made a good stop on a pretty good PK 5 minutes into the OT. I have no idea how it was a PK. Very weak call for a ref like Rene - one I consider the best in the VMSL. I thought Rene would let the game play like the one I saw him ref vs WVan and Columbus in the final last year. Today he called it way too tight on many calls including the PK as well as the chincy foul to set up Cliff's goal.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2-1 Westside Rino

Not a bad result for us considering the boys had been idle for an entire month and scarcely practiced during the Olympics. A huge thanks to the 3 youth callups who all played fantastically. Without them we would have only had 11 due to suspensions and guys away.

Croatia went up 1-0 after about 20 mins on a 25-yarder that found the low corner after a corner-kick had been headed clear, but no one closed down their midfielder that if fell to. Shortly after that we conceded a penalty as our keeper slid out to challenge their runner at the edge of the area, but he shielded the ball to take the contact and the foul. Their pk was low right and our keeper dove to save it.

2nd half not much doing until they took a quick short free kick near half and fired a long looper over our keeper who was caught in no-mans land. I thought we'd be crushed at this point, but credit to the boys who fought hard to the end and managed to peg one back as one of the young kids played a beautiful through ball to a streaking Ally Gray. He cut into the 18 and unleashed a beautiful left-footed striker top corner that Didar had no chance on.

I thought #21 had an excellent game for Croatia. Nothing too flashy, but just very solid play in the midfield. On the other hand #9 up front for them was a diving moaner.

Good luck to everyone in the next round.

Foot_Baller

Nov 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile

looks like you guys got the shaft from the ref but still laid the boots to ICSF. A mid-table Div 1 team beating a 'good' premier team. How will the mighty premier boys digest that? good luck against Pegasus, another div 1 team doing good in premier their rookie year somehow.

I dont know how Chile got shafted when it was inter who should have had a 1st half PK. If Inter scores that, Chile's defend and counter strategy wouldn't have happened and it may have ended up a lopsided win for Inter. However, it is cup and anything can happen on one day. If you look at the contrary, a "good" div 1 team in serbia didn't show up on Sunday and looked like a girls team in a 7 nil drubbing to Columbus.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB......a friendly little wager on Saturday's game? :) Are you still drinking cider once in awhile? :D Let's go with a little six-pack just to make things a little more interesting. ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I talked to burnro. We are shaking things up a bit. I am coming back from a 17 year hiatus and returning to my pre-broken-leg position of striker. We will be hoping for corners and free kicks and I will be challenging Garth for high balls.

Salty is returning to the team as our netminder. And I heard that Justin Reddig was coming back just to kick Woody.

Should be a cracker!

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know how Chile got shafted when it was inter who should have had a 1st half PK. If Inter scores that, Chile's defend and counter strategy wouldn't have happened and it may have ended up a lopsided win for Inter. However, it is cup and anything can happen on one day. If you look at the contrary, a "good" div 1 team in serbia didn't show up on Sunday and looked like a girls team in a 7 nil drubbing to Columbus.

I don't know what game you were watching, but the strategy of defend and counter really came in the latter part of the second half as Chile began to tire and the last 10 minutes when we played with 10 men. Game could have gone either way at the beginning, IF, Inter would have scored...quality chances in the game were about even with both teams taking control of the ball at different times. Please be accurate with the facts, there were about a hundred people at the game and most will tell you the same thing, this was a good game and it was not a fluke that Chile won, even the Inter boys will tell you that. thanks.pd

Foot_Baller

Nov 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what game you were watching, but the strategy of defend and counter really came in the latter part of the second half as Chile began to tire and the last 10 minutes when we played with 10 men. Game could have gone either way at the beginning, IF, Inter would have scored...quality chances in the game were about even with both teams taking control of the ball at different times. Please be accurate with the facts, there were about a hundred people at the game and most will tell you the same thing, this was a good game and it was not a fluke that Chile won, even the Inter boys will tell you that. thanks.pd

I didnt even see the game lol
Im sorry, I wasnt trying to analyze the game I was more commenting on some ones post that Chile won despite being shafted by the refs and that 1st div is no different than premier. I didn't mean to downplay Chile's performance by any means. Another post questioned the quality of premier vs 1st div and I thought that was a decision based on one good effort by Chile. I wish I had gone too see that game played because I think Chile showed what is great about the cup, an underdog going into a game with no fears and battling for a win.
I took in the Serbia game on the other hand in the pissing rain only to see them play scared and put in what I thought was a mediocre effort and it was frustrating to watch. Now I dont want to get Columbus outraged so I must say they deserve full marks, they played like a top level team with some major players missing.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shasta. Or Mountain Dew.

Captain is not drinking 'til St Paddys Day. Then the wheels fall off.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB...as SixFyv mentioned, a six-pack of Jolt for now. :D

Or we can wager $20 worth of Nations Cup beer tokens. That works out to about 3 beers doesn't at last year's prices? :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame=http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/agence-uk-6adc53604506096710c366e1d973a2e1.html]Captain / Subtitle movie with BombayTV[/ame]

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0