Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2010

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw that too... Looks like league will finish up before the cup starts. Very interesting as the bottom teams games will be more intense... A loss ends the season. I like it.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think this might be the last year for the div 1 cup Robino so you can relax on the ranting. I don't think the cup is in one piece anyway.
Nice to see the RFC vs NK game first round. Should be a nice tilt!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before the actual draw, beside NK of course, are there any other DIV 1 teams that could potentially defeat any of the Premier teams?

When you board the train after we take down Surrey don't pretend you weren't being sarcastic. :D:D:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally the excellent site has the draw up in a presentable manner. Here we go:

Prelim Round
Game 1: Columbus FC vs Serbian White Eagles
Game 2: Westside Rino ‘A’ vs Croatia SC
Game 3: Vancouver Olympics vs Binger’s Army
Game 4: ICSF Inter vs Estrella de Chile ‘A’
Game 5: IFC Polonia vs Richmond FC Hibernians ‘A’
Game 6: Cliff Avenue United vs Sapperton Rovers ‘A’
Game 7: Richmond Olympics ‘A’ vs NK Hrvat
Game 8: Punjab Hurricanes vs Westside FC ‘A’

Round of 16
Game 9: West Van FC ‘A’ vs Winner of Game 1
Game 10: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3
Game 11: ICST Pegasus ‘A’ vs Winner of Game 4
Game 12: Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 6
Game 13: Surrey United Firefighters vs Winner of Game 7
Game 14: Winner of Game 8 vs Delta United
Game 15: Metro-Ford Wolves ‘A’ vs Norvan Pacific ‘A’
Game 16: Lobbans FC vs Akal FC

Quarterfinals
Game 17: Winner of Game 9 vs Winner of Game 10
Game 18: Winner of Game 11 vs Winner of Game 12
Game 19: Winner of Game 13 vs Winner of Game 14
Game 20: Winner of Game 15 vs Winner of Game 16

Semifinals
Game 21: Winner of Game 17 vs Winner of Game 18
Game 22: Winner of Game 19 vs Winner of Game 20

Final
Game 23: Winner of Game 21 vs Winner of Game 22

I'll add this to the first post in the thread as well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is safe to say, the top half of the draw is significantly tougher than the bottom half :eek:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally the excellent site has the draw up in a presentable manner. Here we go:

Prelim Round
Game 1: Columbus FC vs Serbian White Eagles
Game 2: Westside Rino ‘A’ vs Croatia SC
Game 3: Vancouver Olympics vs Binger’s Army
Game 4: ICSF Inter vs Estrella de Chile ‘A’
Game 5: IFC Polonia vs Richmond FC Hibernians ‘A’
Game 6: Cliff Avenue United vs Sapperton Rovers ‘A’
Game 7: Richmond Olympics ‘A’ vs NK Hrvat
Game 8: Punjab Hurricanes vs Westside FC ‘A’

a couple upsets

FML

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was some debate on the subject last night at the DCS... so i will raise the question here.

Last year the provincial berths were as follows:

PCSL – 1
VISL – 4
FVSL – 4
VMSL – 9
Total – 18

What is the plan for this year? Is the VMSL getting 9? Or only 8? If 8, then who is getting the "extra" spot?

Inquiring minds.......

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Richmond Hibs on winning their first round of the Imperial Cup :rolleyes:

CIC, I'm still betting on NK to beat the other Richmond team. Not so sure I want to go to Richmond at 7pm to watch it though...

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Richmond Hibs on winning their first round of the Imperial Cup :rolleyes:

CIC, I'm still betting on NK to beat the other Richmond team. Not so sure I want to go to Richmond at 7pm to watch it though...

Thank you :rolleyes:

Can't say I blame you, what a rotten time to play. Predictions as follows...

Game 1: Columbus FC
Game 2: Croatia SC
Game 3: Vancouver Olympics
Game 4: ICSF Inter
Game 5: Richmond FC Hibernians ‘A’ :eek:
Game 6: Cliff Avenue United
Game 7: Richmond Olympics ‘A’
Game 8: Punjab Hurricanes

Good luck to all this weekend..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why the eye rolling? You're making it sound like it was Richmond's fault the other team defaulted..........

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why the eye rolling? You're making it sound like it was Richmond's fault the other team defaulted..........

Captain the eye roll was directed more towards their opposition who just can't be arsed to show up. You'd think after the thumping they took in their final league game against Serbia that they'd like a chance at redemption.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tis true......Chile 1 Inter 0

Called it.......right, Reedie?

Yes indeed you did call it...mind you, it is just like your gambling successes...you throw enough against the wall and something has to stick! :D

I saw the Inter/Chile game and it was actually quite entertaining...several talking points...first off, early in the game Tino goes down in the box in what looked to me to be a clear penalty but the referee blows the whistle and gives him a yellow for diving! Ballsy...but I think the ref got that one wrong. Then it was a cracking goal by Chile after some beautiful buildup....this was followed by defend and counterattack the rest of the game. The Chile keeper was definitely man of the match, as he collected a number of crosses and came out very strong on a couple of challenges. Inter also missed the net on a couple of close range chances in the 2nd half.

Chile actually had a couple of golden opportunities to get some insurance goals completely against the run of play in the second half on the counterattack...once again, some beautiful buildup and skilful play but they couldn't finish. Then the Chile striker, who had played very well all game, received his 2nd yellow for what I thought was totally an accidental handball...he charged in a pass back to the Inter keeper, slid to block the keeper's hurried kick, and the ball rocketed off his arm and still carried about 30 yards. Ref gives him his second yellow, which seemed to be a very harsh decision. Chile hangs on with 10 men for the last 10 minutes and guts out the big victory...congratulations.

If it's not too late, I think we need a new restructuring plan for next season....perhaps 20 teams in the premier division...whatever it takes to get Chile there, as they have some of the best fans in the vmsl...the air horn made it feel like we were at a CFL game. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bring an air horn next Friday, Reedie..........:D

As for the prediction, it was nothing really.

For tomorrow take, Leeds and Rochdale.......MASSIVE double

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes indeed you did call it...mind you, it is just like your gambling successes...you throw enough against the wall and something has to stick! :D

I saw the Inter/Chile game and it was actually quite entertaining...several talking points...first off, early in the game Tino goes down in the box in what looked to me to be a clear penalty but the referee blows the whistle and gives him a yellow for diving! Ballsy...but I think the ref got that one wrong. Then it was a cracking goal by Chile after some beautiful buildup....this was followed by defend and counterattack the rest of the game. The Chile keeper was definitely man of the match, as he collected a number of crosses and came out very strong on a couple of challenges. Inter also missed the net on a couple of close range chances in the 2nd half.

Chile actually had a couple of golden opportunities to get some insurance goals completely against the run of play in the second half on the counterattack...once again, some beautiful buildup and skilful play but they couldn't finish. Then the Chile striker, who had played very well all game, received his 2nd yellow for what I thought was totally an accidental handball...he charged in a pass back to the Inter keeper, slid to block the keeper's hurried kick, and the ball rocketed off his arm and still carried about 30 yards. Ref gives him his second yellow, which seemed to be a very harsh decision. Chile hangs on with 10 men for the last 10 minutes and guts out the big victory...congratulations.

If it's not too late, I think we need a new restructuring plan for next season....perhaps 20 teams in the premier division...whatever it takes to get Chile there, as they have some of the best fans in the vmsl...the air horn made it feel like we were at a CFL game. :D

I think I could not sum it up better without sounding biased, by far the biggest win in the the short life of Estrella de Chile - 8.8 on the Richter scale! Next up Pegasus and that dreaded relegation match...Captn called it weeks ago to not much fan fare, but he's had the chance to watch Chile since the summer so he had insider information...viva chile wooooooot woooot!

Jan 22, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile

looks like you guys got the shaft from the ref but still laid the boots to ICSF. A mid-table Div 1 team beating a 'good' premier team. How will the mighty premier boys digest that? good luck against Pegasus, another div 1 team doing good in premier their rookie year somehow.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0