Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2009

thedrake

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great atmosphere at Kinsman. This league should find a way to get this sort of atmosphere on a regular basis, i.e. double headers, side by side games etc. Thought neither team was great on the day, although if forced to choose a better side, I'd go with Clan. First half was a mess from both sides, but as the game settled in the 2nd half it looked as though Clan had more of the ball/chances, WV looked tired and old; ultimately lucky to tie. Both keepers are to be commended for their efforts, although someone needs to find WV's keeper a muzzle.
side-note - asked lino how much injury he had.. he said no more than 3... I clocked 4:45 from the ref.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A highly entertaining, well officiated game. Some outstanding performances on both sides. Both keepers were magic on the day. And only 5 subs, as per League Rules were used. I am certain that a Clan coach or manager would have brought this to the ref`s attention if infact 6 or more subs were played. But all the same, thanks for the advise Zenga.

A little tip, I pre-print and number one through five sub slips and bring only those to the park. That way the number of subs is never an issue with the clubs with which I am involved.

I also think Rene has done very well in the last few games I have seen him. Most notably, he is not seen, a very good quality for a referee.

I am sorry I missed the final. Congrats to 29 and Sir M and the lads at WV.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga, didn't really think that i needed to mention Lindley's 3 pk saves as i thought that went without question that he stood on his head. He also made two huge stops during the game that saved you guys. Everyone knows that when you go to pk's that it is a lottery and yesterday our numbers came up. How many times have you seen a keeper save three followed by the other keeper answering the call? It was unbelievable. The drake, i am very passionate and yesterday was no exception. Like i said it was unreal. Sorry if i hurt your ears but you obviously don't know me as i thought i was quiet yesterday. 29

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thedrake, Zenga, et al. First off, thanks to everyone for giving DCR20 advice on how to run the subs, but I think he has done a pretty fair job this year. Secondly, I completely agree with everyone that the Columbus goaltender was outstanding. He just made one less save than 29 in the end. Thirdly, several of you boys are quite a bit off the mark as to who was the best team yesterday.

Finally, all of the talk of the officiating as an excuse speaks volumes, and is a real comment. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't incorrectly asserting that the ref let WV use six subs instead of five and also purposely added several minutes to injury time to a team that was giving you all you could handle for the first 85 minutes not sound just a bit whiny?

Holy conspiracy theory.

thedrake

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV were lucky to send the game into overtime... clear?
All I'm stating is a fact and quote from the linesman "no more than three"... so, and let me simplify for you ryerson, if he had 3 and the ref played 5ish, then yes, there would seem to be some discrepancy.

Ryerson

Apr 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I'm stating is a fact and quote from the linesman "no more than three"... so, and let me simplify for you ryerson, if he had 3 and the ref played 5ish, then yes, there would seem to be some discrepancy.

Ok thanks, Drake...I think i got it. If this is true, the extra subs and extra time should warrant a thorough investigation. Did anyone see if 29 stepped off his line during the shootout? That could augment our case.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Since when do the linesmen make the call on stoppage time?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy flipping moan session!

Wait , now that I think about it, 29, I'm pissed at you too. You didn't give me any credit when I scored on you back in 07'

... are you kidding me? What a laugh.

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching and having interest in the older guys, I was impressed with Shorty and Nico, both looked strong. Daly didn't really stand out, but did his job. But I'm sorry to say it because the guy has had a great soccer career, but sometimes players stick around a tad too long, and Doddy was a step behind all day.

WAB I agree with you that Shorty And Nico had very strong games with Shorty being the MOTM. I thought Daly was also very strong.
As far as Doddy I think you are wrong. He may have been a step slower but as far as sticking around too long there is no way. The intangibles (sp) that Doddy brings to the game other that his great play are unmatched. He was by far one of the most inspirational players I ever had the priviledge to play with and I think the young West Van players will agree. I can almost gaurantee that West Van would not be celebrating their two titles right now if it wasn't for Doddy.

Congrats Boys!

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our 4 vets are what makes our team as successful as we are...I thought all 4 of them were very good yesterday and all did their jobs.
Doddy may not have had his best game and maybe it seemed that way because Shorty, Nico and Dailly were very good and it made him look ordinary on the day...but throughout this season Doddy has showed up every single game, lead by example and shown our young guys what it takes to win.

What he and the others bring to our team is invaluable.

All of us younger guys hope that they stick around for years to come...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's good that WVFC rallies around their teammates; that's what teammates do - and it's obvious that you are a close group and will go far in the BCs.

But watching from the outside, you can see he's a good step behind everyone on that pitch yesterday. Sorry.

Zenga, you could have joined us:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great atmosphere at Kinsman. This league should find a way to get this sort of atmosphere on a regular basis, i.e. double headers, side by side games etc. Thought neither team was great on the day, although if forced to choose a better side, I'd go with Clan. First half was a mess from both sides, but as the game settled in the 2nd half it looked as though Clan had more of the ball/chances, WV looked tired and old; ultimately lucky to tie. Both keepers are to be commended for their efforts, although someone needs to find WV's keeper a muzzle.
side-note - asked lino how much injury he had.. he said no more than 3... I clocked 4:45 from the ref.

I didn't realise the assistant kept the official time. Did the 4th official hold up the board to let everyone know?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thedrake, Zenga, et al. First off, thanks to everyone for giving DCR20 advice on how to run the subs, but I think he has done a pretty fair job this year. Secondly, I completely agree with everyone that the Columbus goaltender was outstanding. He just made one less save than 29 in the end. Thirdly, several of you boys are quite a bit off the mark as to who was the best team yesterday.

Finally, all of the talk of the officiating as an excuse speaks volumes, and is a real comment. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't incorrectly asserting that the ref let WV use six subs instead of five and also purposely added several minutes to injury time to a team that was giving you all you could handle for the first 85 minutes not sound just a bit whiny?

Holy conspiracy theory.

For the record of the all the players/managers who think it is the ref's responsibility to tell them they have 5 subs.......rubbish. At the end of the game, the ref submits all the sub slips to the league. IF the other team notices this and they want to protest the game, they can do so but not to the ref. The ref can tell them after the game IF the other team asks how many subs they made. It is up to the team now, NOT the ref to protest the game. The slips are faxed in and if the league notices 6 subs were made and no one says anything.........shite out of luck. Unless someone makes an anonymous phone call to let the other team know :eek:

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus bitching???? NOoooooo...it can't be.

Yesterday games made me remember:

A couple of years ago...also was a beautiful day for soccer...

There were lots of people watching the games...

In the Masters I believe Westside beat West Van...

Ohhh yeah Columbus beat ICSF Inter on Pk's...

Also remember that ICSF Inter got TWO players sent off...

Also remember in a play at the sideline, C. D'Onofrio went for a hard TACKLE that almost broke young M. Tempesta's leg...

Because of that TACKLE, M. Tempesta had to leave the game...

It happened right at the line where the Coach, Managers and Subs were positioned...

Ohhh BTW D'Onofrio did not get a foul call against his team... (never mind a card)

M. Tempesta did not play for about three months, he also did not work as he was not able to walk...

What I don't remember is Columbus then did not complain or bitch about the officiating... ahhhh they won the game.

ohhh also I don't remember how many Subs the teams used...

M E M O R I E S...

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic day at the park, fantastic weather, fantastic crowd, fantastic PK duel... two well organized teams, thought that WV carried the first half with their attackers, Columbus the second -- never really noticed Rene, maybe he waffled on Drew clipping the guy going in late on, but not much else. Thought it was sealed until the ball took over and scuttled itself into the net... how can you argue with that?

Unbelievable that the Columbus keeper kept the PK's rolling, but 29 was throwing his big rack at everything -- great stuff!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0