Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2009

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought both teams kind of cancelled eachother out, so it appeared that neither side played that well going forward. WV went down to 10 men early in the 2nd half, but the ref evened things up late in the game. 29 with the shutout.

Sir M.

romafan86

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Kevin had been inconsistent most of the night. Calling fouls that weren't and not calling fouls that were. Spoiling the game with an early red was a foolish move, but he redeemed himself by giving one out to Croatia. Funny how things work, with 10 men, we dominated the game. Croatia hardly stepped in our half. But when we were 10 men even, the game opened up much more and there were chances on both ends. We clearly deserved the win as I thought we played with much more intensity than Croatia. Goal came out of nowhere, but that happens when you lose focus for one second.

On to the finals! Romafan86.

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a punt and he was trying to get it away quickly to catch them 2 v 2 at the back, caught it clean with the wind at his back, tough bounce off a slick surface, and as soon as it bounced, Sheps could be heard saying "Oh Fack!". Can't believe we have seen it happen twice now!
WC

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be interesting, given the weather up here to the North, as to whether this game will go at Kinsman grass or Confederation turf. Stay tuned...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestVan 2 - Columbus 1 (PKs)
0-1 (80') 1-1 (90'+1)

It took 13 shooters for both teams to decide the winner. Both goalies scored. Incredible!

There must have been 400 - 500 people at the game. The atmosphere was great. Both teams were very even. King scored on a header for Columbus. He was Columbus' MotM. I believe it was Jinky for WestVan. It looked like a long cross that went through everyone, but I'm not 100% sure.

Kinsmen was in excellent shape. A great day to be out watching some quality soccer.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was good to see a penalty shot competition where people actually scored most of the shots... Great goal-tending, great ending... good job guys.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to West Van on the DOUBLE. Is the treble in the future? My guess is yes....as they were my preseason favorite......:eek:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the greatest game i have ever been a part of. Wow how impressed i am with my team by not giving up and finding the tieing goal with thirty seconds left. Ot who cares. PK's changed my life. Unbelievable team effort today. Proud of WVFC. 29

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The tying goal was actually at almost the four minute mark of added time. I think it was 14-13 on penos.

As Eagles (who by the way did the lions share of lining while still inebriated from the previous Saturday's post-rugby celebrations) would say,

wow.

Excellent game by Rene.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent game by Rene.

I can't say enough about Rene yesterday. He has just gotten better and better over time - especially the last 5 or so years.

Rene is the best referee around. No debate. He should be doing all important matches. He is a veteran and knows the emotions of a game of this magnitude. He knew when to card players and when to just talk to them. He is respected by almost every player and that goes a long way.The best thing he did was allow 2 teams to play how both teams wanted - an aggressive style. Rene was a non-factor and that made him a huge factor in the game.

Rene, awesome game in the middle.

Hawkvalley

Mar 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mike that's dam good of you to say that about Rene. He was always a good ref.
He just head a bit of a misrable life with first honey. Now he has a new honey and a new life.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0