Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2003

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't give 2 cards and a pk at the same time.

This could very well happen, I would give you an example but apparently I don't need to, you saw it today.:D:D

Cheers
JB
:wa:

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Shamrock... my thoughts exactly!

As for Ankle Breaker... I understand that you want to defend your teammates, but in reality their behavior hurt your team today. Would you jump head first into a goal post? Clearly there was some assistance to Ted's fall. As far as laughing goes, he clearly wasn't, because he had to ask me if there were any cards given out when he was hunched over in pain. Also, you're wrong, Ivor has to show some control in a cup game. No referee should ever have to take that sort of abuse. But why am I surprised that you are complaining on here about how Khalsa was hard done by, you certainly had no shortages of bitching on the field.

Finally, I will limit all my future responses to teams that are still currently in the cup, or in other words:

KHALSA'S OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D Tee Hee

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Notty

That being said, we were all over you in the first and the majority of the second half!

~Nottywhoonlytellsthetruth :D :rolleyes: :D ;)

I agree, the first half was all Burnaby....the second half was even IMHO.

I dont recall any Burnaby chances cleared off the line...I do remember I great crack by Morris that was saved by our keeper in the first half...

Once you sober up, re-read my original post...I dont think I ever hinted Inter should have a had a better fate.
Burnaby won 2-0. Not much else to say.

:(

Here is to hoping Burnaby beat the FF:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is unprecedented... We're playing Imperial Cup again this weekend. That's 3 weeks in a row. What's the rush by the league?

They are doing no one any favors by pushing this through so fast as many teams are going to have no meaningful games for a month before the BCs at this pace :eek: Not to mention that the fields are absolutely crap right now which makes the games more than a little ugly.

At least we have a mucker team like Slurrey this weekend :D

=================================

FEBRUARY 22/23

IMPERIAL CUP

Burnaby Canadians “A” vs Firefighters “A” Riverway Park # 4 Saturday/ 2.00pm

Westside Rino “A” vs AC Milan Hillcrest Park Center Sunday/ 2.00pm

Sporting Club “A” vs Richmond United “A” Adnac Park West Sunday/ 2.00pm

Pegasus FC vs Surrey United “A” Kinsman Stadium Sunday/ 2.00pm

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

What else is the league to do..............most teams only have 1 or 2 league game remaining anyways............don't they? Plus this will clarify the provincial spots and thus make those remaining games more meaningful.

Obviously in a perfect world the league would need to take about 3-4 weeks off for any of the parks to recover, but then the Div 1 teams wouldn't have any chance of winning:cool:

Congrats to the Fireman! It is too bad that there win has to be somewhat tainted with all the ref crap going on here. Verbal crap to refs should be dealt with harshly! If Ivor did even half of what was said here, he should be done for a while. We wonder why people don't become refs these days, it is because of crap like that they have to go through and then be blamed for the loss by a team!

As for our game, it was a battle but felt great to come out on top. Tough match against a big physical team on a shocking pitch made for some ugly play. WAB, why aren't you guys at Queens Park anymore?

Cheers,

John

Oh and I am glad to see that you got to use those Airmiles for that special someone:D

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know if BC soccer (or whoever is in charge) is changing the season to match the rest of Canada? (April-Sept)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Cup, All of March

Originally posted by Regs
They are doing no one any favors by pushing this through so fast as many teams are going to have no meaningful games for a month before the BCs at this pace :eek:

IMPERIAL CUP : Predictions

Burnaby Canadians “A” 2 - F.F “A” 1 OT Riverway #4 SAT. 2pm

Westside Rino 4 vs AC Milan 2 Hillcrest Center Sunday/ 2.00pm

Sporting Club 3 vs Richmond United 1 Adnac Park West Sunday/ 2.00pm

Pegasus 2 vs Surrey United 1 PK's Kinsman SUN 2.00pm

Regs as for lack of Games during March before Provincials start, how about a small TTP Cup, get a few of the teams that want games before April and that are done League and Imperial Cup.

Games could be played on Tuesday or Thursday night at the BBY. Turf, there should be field time with all the Youth soccer done, and Spring League not starting until April.

There could be round robin play between 4-6 teams. Teams will be looking for Exhibition games all through March anyway, why not add a little to the games.

Perhaps Phillip could come out and show us his stuff in the middle of the Park:eek:

Good luck to all the Teams left in the Imperial Cup, but I do hope that the Top Premier teams get through for Obvious reasons.

HOS

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting vs Temple

The final score was 3-0 but a much closer game than the score indicates.
Sporting did a good job finishing there scoring chances. Temple did control the ball well at times, but when any type of pressure was applied, the Sporting defence played very tough. Temple did have some very good chances, but couldn't finish.

For Temple, Yowen played an excellent game. Gomesy and Gomesy Jr. played well for Sporting.
Good game overall.

As a side note....the linesman seemed to be having trouble with the concept of offside.:rolleyes:

Gurps:D

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting vs Sikh Temple

I'd have to say that the score could have been a lot worse than 3-0. We missed atleast 3 clear cut breakaways from center. ST hit the bar once and had header saved by a defender on the line, I think that was their only shot on net. You can have all the possesion you want but if you're not getting any shots, then you're not going to score. Once I took a second yellow with about 10mins to play, STemple had some chances but we also had 2 breakaways during that time. All in all a fair result.

Carlos Batista with 3 glorious goals. The first a diving header, the second a well finished breakaway, and the third was a brilliant corner flicked into the net at the first post. He definitely deserves player of the week!!!

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Keeper, or should i say sleeper!

You have the balls to say that ACM's 3 goals were luck! Moron!

Maybe if you had guys on your team that were less than 400 pounds and taller than 4'9" you might have had a chance. Now i know why Bimini's is getting relegated, and ACM left you guys in the dust last year.

Your guys were so fcken bad, I don't think ACM needed a back line, a 0-4-3 formation would have sufficed. Deflections or not, goals are goals. Did you notice that our goalie took a 10 minute pee break during the game.

No0ne is suggesting that ACM beat the crap out of you guys, but a win is a win, take it you coward!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple vs Sporting

Yeah...forgot to mention Carlos who scored the three excellent goals. Must have slipped my mind.;)
Full credit to Sporting...they did have many chances and could have scored some more goals if not for some excellent saves by the Temple goalie. Whenever Temple did pressure...the Sporting defence did a good job containing the strikers. That was a big difference in the game. You are right Gomesy...possesion must lead to shots.

That was my sideline view of the game.
Good job by Temple to play hard all game...even when the score was 3-0.

Good luck to Sporting in the next round.

GURPSWHOWASREADYTOSUBINATANYTIME.
;)

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb, There are very few of us on TTP, because we have not had much to say this year! hopefully that will change next year, I'm not a diehard TTP'er, but i pick and choose when i make my posts.

Fil, te piace my pee break comment, eh! Are you fit? stay off the twinkies, I-Tie league coming up son!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by tps

Fil, te piace my pee break comment, eh! Are you fit? stay off the twinkies, I-Tie league coming up son!

I dont eat those....

Give me some credit...fettucine alfredo, maybe.
Gnocchi, for sure.
BUT TWINKIES?

Pizza.....mmmmm.....pizza

Nice to AC one game from the provincials....good luck. Hopefully then you can take a 'dive' when we play you in a couple weeks...it will give everyone else something to talk about.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The voice of reason ......

Firemen / Khalsa ........

As an 'unbiased' linesman on the opposite side of the pitch to where the chaos occured, I can only give you my thoughts on what I saw from 50 yards away and of course what was talked about at halftime.

First point: Ivor. Nobody on earth should be allowed to talk like that to a referee. Totally justified Red. Absolutely shocking for a good player like that to snap with such little time into the game. It's not like it was in extra time (as if it would matter) but you've got to show more discipline than that in a big game. HOS did very well to get him out of there before he went even more ballistic.

Second point: Red & the PK. Now, this was a very difficult decision that was made between Joe and the linesman. After the call was made (Joe indicated a foul / PK), he conferred with the linesman to see if the defender was the last man (thereby creating a Professional Foul). The linesman said he was, thereby deeming the offense a sending off offense. You can all interpret how you like ......

Here's what the law says: (I know, I'm sorry ...... :rolleyes: )

A player is sent off and shown the red card if he denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick.

Sidenotes: HOS played well and was very unlucky on the oggie. Great goal by Matt Mori and clinical PK by Niall. I thought Pete for FF was man of the match. Gave Khalsa's backline nightmares all day with his movement and held up the ball extrememly well. Jason Sarai didn't play and Khalsa only had 13 on the timesheet. Tough to say what this game would've been like with 11 vs. 11 but with 11 vs. 9, Khalsa faced an uphill struggle the rest of the way. Good crowd on hand with many of the old FF guard in attendance. I was on the Khalsa sideline and shared some quality banter with a bunch of their lot .......

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The voice of reason ...... You just liked my ManU Kit

Originally posted by Walks
Firemen / Khalsa ........

Here's what the law says: (I know, I'm sorry ...... :rolleyes: )

A player is sent off and shown the red card if he denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick.

I don't want to go on and on, about this game, it is in the past, but if Walks brings up the Laws of the Game, I would like to add a bit here.

First, the law states "if he denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal..."

I don't think anyone at the Park thinks that Ted had a chance at putting that ball in the net, the ball was running out of bounds, with both Harry and Ted bumping for position, Ted was hit off balance and went into the post in ugly fashion.

No, Red Card and PK here, it could be obstruction and an indirect free kick on the end line.

2nd, yes Ivor snapped and hurt us, he plays with a lot of passion, but he is a marked man in the league now by Refs, because he gets out of hand, so as soon as he says something he is gone, other players in the league would get warnings or a yellow for the same offence.
But there is no excuse for going after any Ref in this league.

Great job on the line Walks, too bad you weren't in the middle for that game.
Nothing against Joe though, he did well, I just don't agree with that one play.
I love all Refs

HOS:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the ball was running out of bounds, with both Harry and Ted bumping for position, Ted was hit off balance and went into the post in ugly fashion.

No, Red Card and PK here, it could be obstruction and an indirect free kick on the end line..
If your man was "bumped" off the ball into the post would you have smiled politely and said: "Yeah" "I can see why we only got a indirect free kick on the end line." Pllllllllleeeeeeeasssse. You would have gone more :wa: than you already are. I bet you would have screamed bloody blue murder, and that the REF had no balls to call a PK so early into a cup game.

So predictable.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0