Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2003

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We Are Out, But The Quarters are Going to be Cracker

Capitals vs. Firemen is going to be a kick fest. All the old fireman punters were out at the game and they must just love Millar after he left FF a few years back. This one is going to be great.

Flying Cnuts vs. Slurrey, the Slurrey Darby. Regs is coming into form now that he has a few games under his belt. Peg should win this one with ease.

Sproting vs. Richmond, I smell an upset here, but I hope not. Richmond is going to grind the softies on Sporting into the gorund.

Weakside vs. ACM (did ACM win), souls be son problem for Weakside but it is Cup, and they could get Joe as the Strips.

All in all it should be top 4 in league going through in Imperail, so we can all be safe for Proviancial Cup from #1 to #8, even Trollors will get in.

Make-up games are going to be key now, watch out for the Suspension Bug, it could hit your team.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pour yourself a coffee, HOS.

ACM 3 deflections - 0 deflections WFC

I'd give the I-ties about 60/40 today. It took one shitty deflection off a Bimini's defender to send home a knuckle ball in the first. 1-0 at the half.

The game remained close until a deflection off an Italian grease mop sent number 2 past me and my defender standing at the post. Then, already without any subs for the day, Westside went down a man with an eye injury -- leaving us to struggle short-handed for the last 30 minutes. The final deflection/OG went right at the last buzzer.

Now I see why ACM lost to Serbia. ;)

It was all luck, Jinky.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa will be playing in April in the Provincial Cup, but Club I NOT

You got me again. I am not going to be able to sleep now.

At this time, I would like to apologize for my comments on Friday. I am very sorry for predicting that your team would actually score two goals. It sounds like you only fcuked up on one goal, so I am sorry for predicting two. It was an honest mistake and I obviously had the numbers mixed up. Congrats on a great Imperial Cup run. You went one more week than us and lost to a first division team. You should be proud of your accomplishments. BTW, your team obviously needs to control themselves on the park. Two red cards on the same play shows a lack of discipline. I saw Joe ref yesterday and he was exceptional. :rolleyes: Congrats to the Firemen, although I think I took Khalsa in the cup. Obviously, another mistake. I'm full of them today.......

Have you heard about the lonesome loser, he's a loser but he keeps on trying....

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You went one more week than us and lost to a first division team.
So did we. :D

Also, for those who missed it, the Westside/Metro-Ford game was stopped for 20 minutes while Pettingale had his new headband sent for.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never Heard of Him

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Have you heard about the lonesome loser, he's a loser but he keeps on trying....

Does he play for Club I, or did he transfer after X-Mas?

As for controlling our selves on the Park, come on man, have you seen who we have signed, we a are a fukcing Circus Road Show at times, you have even played with one of the "guys that can't controll themselves", have you ever seen a brocken flag stick at Swangard?

At least I only kicked one in my one net, if only it was top corner, I may have gotten goal of the week.
Oh shite, knvb will now have HOS's Goal of the Weak.

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does he play for Club I, or did he transfer after X-Mas?

That, I am not sure of....:D

Ivor's temper has always been a liability. He is obviously a good player but I've seen him lose it too many times. He forgets about the rest of the team when this happens. It certainly doesn't help the team he is playing for because a lot of refs don't like his behaviour and look for the first opportunity to discipline him. Other refs have been more tolerant, probably too tolerant. Obviously, Joe is not one of them.....

Captain

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colin P.... sympathy will get you nowhere. Faker!?!?!:D :D :D :D :D

~NottywhowillrebuttSuperPippotomorrowmorningwhenIsoberup!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mf heartbreaker

pettingale's headband required to cover up a nasty bleeder. mf chap was knocked out and taken away in an ambulance. believe he is doing ok.
golden goal winner today. game could have gone either way with a handful of missed opportunities for both sides. young keeper in place of an injured wicksy was very good for us.
good battle in the middle jonesy. hardlines.
a desperate acm next week should make for a tougher match then most might think.
shame to hear about khalsa:rolleyes: :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liar, liar, pants are on fire.

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
I am not going to come on here and blame the Ref for the lose today, but
But, Nothing. That's all I've read for the past 30 mins is you having a moan about the ref and Ref's in general. Give it a rest man a bad call went against you. Ivor snapped and cost you a extra man.

What happen to the MIGHTY Khalsa scoring machine or their rock solid D? How many games in a row have you lost anyway? A provincial spot through the league at this point, may be pointless.

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My sympathies to Khalsa this week

In what i would like to call an UNBIAS opinion i would have to say that the red cards handed out were VERY questionable. Ball was long gone when the guy went down, in a cup game most refs call the goal kick, none of the guys i was with could figure out the reds.
HOS, great reflex save on the unmarked man, too bad you didn't steer the first one wide.
Firemen looked like the firemen of old, BIG with a couple guys who can play.
HOS, what has appened to Khalsa? Short last week, one sub today?

Please spare me with any Croatia A comments, yes i know, we are out.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sympathy for Kalsa???...Why don't you take them to a movie?

My sympathies to Khalsa this week

I'm not sure if your still in touch with your feminine side from Valentines day on Friday...but that comment was a little over the top Dizou!:rolleyes:

If your feelings run so deep for the Might Khalsa...take them to a movie and cuddle in the back row! Might I suggest the movie below...Pufta!!!:eek::eek:

~Nottywhohateseveryone...unlesstheyarerepresentingBCatthenationals!:D

White Shoes

Jun 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Piipo again

Originally posted by Notty

~NottywhowillrebuttSuperPippotomorrowmorningwhenIsoberup!

what is there to rebut???

:confused: :confused:

You may have something to add, but I doubt if you can rebut anything I said.....maybe Miller's goal was closer to 80 yards out, but that's about it.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only comment I have to rebut is the thought that Inter wasn't the only side to have shots cleared off the line! I can recall 2 or 3 that Dave M and larsson should have mucked in off the line as well! If those went in as early as they were created, the game wouldn't have been as close on the scoreboard. This is what makes the VMSL well...the VMSL.

As for defending after the second goal...Ya...of course we did...but the second goal didn't come until 20 min left in the second half! That being said, we were all over you in the first and the majority of the second half!

And if you take exception to that comment...just ask your front runners...they were bitching that they didn't see the ball all game!

~Nottywhoonlytellsthetruth :D :rolleyes: :D ;)

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mighty Khalsa????

Khalsa 1 - Fireman 3!!!!:D :D :D

To all you Khalsa Whiners

Any player who pushes another from behind into a post DESERVES a red card. This was deliberate intent to injure! Joe (who i will agree is an idiot) went to his linesman to ask if the ball was still playable, he said it was. Therefore that is a penalty shot. And how can you complain about Ivor "the hot-head" Evan's red. He looked Joe straight in the face stuck his finger in front of his nose and called him a "kcuking idiot and thanks for ruining the game... why dont you put one of their jersey's on". Are you kidding me... how can this not be a red card??? Someday, someteam will realize that Ivor does more harm to them than good and let him go. I am still yet to see him play a full 90 against us.

On another note, what Ankle Breaker and HOS fail to mention is that we were taking the game to them. It was 1-1 and they hadnt seen our 18 yd box once. The only time that they could get the ball in is when we gave up a corner.

FF had a lot to play for today (especially myself) with Ankle Breaker's comment about Indo gaining promotion being inevitable. Too bad he was part of the relagated team and left and now Indo is a better team than Khalsa.

On to Burnaby!!! This one will be a battle for the guys who remember the Canadians who got onto our job because they played for us and left!!!!

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On to Burnaby!!! This one will be a battle for the guys who remember the Canadians who got onto our job because they played for us and left!!!!

I'll have to take exception to this comment! Both Besty and I were on the short end of the stick with all the help getting us to get on the job...Granted it was a nice in...but even for the one (and only one) that got on the job...it had nothing to do with the club...he got hired on his own merit!

That being said...it will still be a battle. Firemen are a proud organization full of pride and tradition! Even when I played there, we were never respected for our skill level...just that we would come out and battle each game!

Can't wait!

~Notty

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell.

I've been checking TTP throughout the evening and I have yet to find anyone from the Khalsa/Fireman match who can write a coherent sentence.

:rolleyes:

Where the hell is The Apprentice when you actually want to hear his opinions?

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Revolutionary

I take exception to your comments. First with the red card, the ball with not playable at all. If you think otherwise, then you did not see the same play as I did. The ball was out of play and if Harry really wanted to push your guy....his face would have been badly hurt....it is funny how he was laughing when he got up? Must have been really hurt????????

As for you guys taking the play to us before the incident......you seem to forget that we also hit the post up 1-nil (yet we did not go into your 18 yard box?????????????).

It is pretty difficult to play with 9 men in a game for 70 minutes. As I mentioned, you guys are a decent side with some good players but it would have been a real contest if we had 11 players. Ivor's red was stupid but in a cup game Joe has to take some slack. You don't give 2 cards and a pk at the same time.

Good luck in Div 1 next year.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 0 RUFC 1

Tough way to lose. Give full marks to RUFC for actually playing and not just playing for a tie. As for chances, Willy, you had the one chance off the crossbar. Other than that most of the 2nd half and the entire OT was in your end, with your defenders clearing the ball off the line many times over. But, in Sap fashion, goals were not there.........tough loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0