Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2003

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen

Congratulations to the Firefighters on earning a well deserved provincial spot. Ensures that you'll be playing in April. Good job guys. Gary Wilson's done a great job there.

Sandmanwho'sseasonisoverinFeb

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed

Credit goes where credit is due. Firemen knocked off three of the top eight point-getters in premier this season to earn their berth into the Provincials. No matter how you look at it, that's a damn impressive performance right there.

Looks like things will come down to the wire regarding the final Provincials spots.....here's hoping that dropping points to Africatina in the first game of the new year doesn't come back to haunt us. That would be painful.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No matter how you look at it, that's a damn impressive performance right there.
What if you look at it from the point of view that they only beat 2 premier teams? :D

~Regs.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Fireman!

A fun game to watch and I think the team that deserved to win the game based on chances did............

The biggest surpirse and maybe it isn't as big as I thought it was, was the fact that the Pk's went to 7 or 8 but Miller never took one! Every game I have seen with Steve in it, if there was a spotter to be taken he took it! So why not today? Obviously there were a lot of Fireman out at the game but after all was said and done, he should have stepped up and taken a shot.

Overall a great day to watch a game........

John

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FF played smart and deserved the win today. Niall played extremely well. FF were very solid in the mid, but other than Skinner the back line is utter crap. Those guys are undoubtedly the muckiest bunch of mucks that ever mucked. Both teams had numerous chances throughout the game.

Did anyone see the antics displayed by that classless wee cnut Gordie Chin? Fcuking guy's invisible all game then he converts a PK and decides to taunt the FF supporters by mock "spraying them with a hose". Nice to see FF cram it back down his throat.

Go FF:wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come On, That Celebration is ON FIRE

Originally posted by Grimm
wee cnut Gordie Chin... he converts a PK and decides to taunt the FF supporters by mock "spraying them with a hose".

Well done FF, on the birth in the B.C.'s, but lets be honest without Nial and Clarky (lost to WhiteCaps), FF will be a nice first round draw for a team in the Provincial Cup.

But cheers to the boys on knocking off some good Premier sides.

Shitt I hate these upsets, we have to pray for no more or we (Khalsa) will be at home in April.

HOS

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not that it matters...

I suppose a congrats to the firemen boys for being the first VMSL team to qualify for the BCs this year (officially)...

i believe westside was/is the first team to officially qualify, assuming the tiebreaker is head to head during league play (even plus/minus for that matter).

that being said. nice to see fireman pull out a win against the caps (my condolences besty...surely they didn't let him take one!).

another great shout by the city of van on closing the fields:rolleyes:

that leaves top 7 in the league to make it through....khalsa 7th. hmmm, would hate to see an upset take place in the remaining imperial cup games to be played...acm might just pull it off ;) (or even the idiots for that matter).

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Niall did play well but Peter was immense today. He's like a big goofy dog that runs and runs and never gets tired. Tough to mark.
To answer John's question, I heard that Thriller took a bad knock to his ankle during the game. That would sound like a dodgy excuse if Firemen hadn't introduced that kicking machine #5. A red card waiting to happen.
Brewer and Notty were excellent for the Capitals but MOTM must go to #5's replacement, Davie Fletcher. :p

Two Whitecaps missed their pks, Fletch didn't.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen deserved the win today. Their backline(without Skinner) was basically shoc-king. I'm very surprised that Burnaby couldn't expose them more often because they had the pace to do so. Number 5 on the Firemen was fcuking di-a-bol-ical. He should be in the circus. It was a decent environment at the field,despite the shoc-king field conditions. Niall played well and Peter was man of the match, despite his misses. I thought Burnaby were going to win the penalties because Cory is usually very good. Both goalies were exceptionally average on the spot shots. Congrats to the Firemen, and it goes to show that too many teams are in the premier. The first division is not as far behind as most people think, especially the top three teams on each side...........

Captain

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds about right...kinda, sorta...

especially the top three teams on each side...........

1 'A' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Clan Alumni 18 16 1 1 62 17 49
2 Sikh Temple "A" 15 12 2 1 50 17 38
3 Norvan "A" 16 8 4 4 38 23 28
4 Club Ireland 17 7 4 6 37 32 25

....if you're talking about side 1'B'.:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is your point, Cerebral? I did say the top three teams and I stand by it. We will be better next year and we were not good enough this year to compete with the better teams. BTW, I still fancy my chances against you personally on any team. ;) You were my bitch in the past and you will continue to be my bitch as long as I play.........

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First..............that is pretty weak of an excuse for Miller to not take a spotter, I mean he did finish the game.

Second..........I don't think it would be fair to say anyone on Firemen were shocking, especially the back 3. They did keep a pair of strong players in Morris and Larrson in check for the most part.

Big Pete was the man of the match without doubt! He ran miles and made Miller and company force balls up front that didn't allow for skill to win out over effort.

Cheers,

John

Oh and didn't Fletcher fist give it to the fans before Chinny?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is on the JOB with these Guys, What would happen if he Wins it with a PK

Originally posted by john
First..............that is pretty weak of an excuse for Miller to not take a spotter, I mean he did finish the game.

No offence to Millar, but it is a tough situation for him, playing against the Team that is supported by all the guys that he works with, I am sure that Cory and him will be hearing it at work next week.

Didn't see the game, but Millar doesn't take PKs anyway, so why would he start today.

NO MORE UPSETS

:knvb:

HOS

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
no point, just ttp

BTW, I still fancy my chances against you personally on any team. You were my bitch in the past and you will continue to be my bitch as long as I play.........

that should make for some sleepless nights for...oh i don't know, the next one or two weeks?

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
firemen win

I guess it was only John that watched the whole game. I think the back three for firemen played a strong game. #5 especially played very well

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All right...enough of these comments that are the opinions of nitwits! Shut it an listen.:eek:

Firemen came out today and wanted it more...Burnaby was resting on the success of last weeks match. Bottom line, we didn't play our game. A strong first 10 minutes, an early cheap goal and 2 chances that should we should have finished, had us thinking we would waltz through the match. The conditions on the field were contusive to firemen’s play...they work hard!

That being said...it will still be a battle. Firemen are a proud organization full of pride and tradition! Even when I played there, we were never respected for our skill level...just that we would come out and battle each game!

Like I said last week!

No excuses for BBY...but I hope to meet Firemen in the BC's...revenge will be sweet!!! FF...good luck in the Imperial.

Nottywhohatesfirefighters....untillIsetmyhouseonfire!!:D:D:D:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe I was mixed up but I think they were calling #5 Stew.

The guy named Stew was diabolical.

BTW I never slagged the FF backline and the better team won.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0