Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2003

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2
Trollers 1
(extra time)

Tough losing a game in the second half of extra time...both teams had their chances throughout the game, but all of the regular-time scoring came within the first 15 (or so) minutes of the match. Lots of intensity and hard tackles for almost 110 minutes of action, but nothing dirty or chippy from either side - spirited effort put forth by each squad. Sandy looked like he ended it 10 minutes from time, but his shot hit the inside of the post and the rebound was clattered away. The game-winner came on a break down the righthand side - Clarke whipped in a beauty cross that was tucked away nicely by an onrushing Firemen striker. Game over.

Firemen have a couple talented players mixed into a side that features a lot of youth - Skinner, Clarke and Thompson each hold up the defense, midfield and striking departments respectively. They knock the ball around well at times - it's pretty evident why they and Indo distanced themselves from the rest of the pack in division one.

The next three games now become extremely important, as the four league spots to provincials start to open up with Imperial Cup qualifiers. HOS's assessment of our chances may be a bit premature with nine points still left to play for, and every team ahead of us in the standings still alive in Imperial.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Surrey won the muckers battle today at Hillcrest. There was zero amounts of sexy football played just lots of 50 - 50's and lots of hard work by both sides.

I thought when Johnny Sulentic skinned those five Surrey players down the sidelines and when the Greek skinned three, megging two, looked like sexy football...

Rovad marked Knvb out of the game. ;)

Anyway, congrats to Surrey U. Good luck the rest of the way.

Knvb, if I would have known which vehicle you were leaving in, I would have let the air out of the tires...cnut.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To bad one player doing one good run doesn't make a season...or a cup run for that matter. Eh? Cnut. Was the Greek #14. He was a jinky little cnut, I'll give him that.

I was driving a Big white Ford Bronco. :eek: (not that Bronco you sick bastard.) Speaking of which he didn't play today. Why?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we managed to shite the bed again. After fully dominating the first half and leading 2 - 0, we fell apart. Sikh came at us hard in the second half, like we expected but the only way they were going to create anything was through our errors. Finally, we literally gave them a goal with a bad pass inside our 18 yard box, which their player slotted nicely. Shoc-king giveaway. Then they came at us with everything. We gifted them with a second goal(this time it was a shoc-king clearance) and the guy crossed it in middle and one of their strikers stuck his toe on the ball and it was 2 - 2. We then settled down for awhile and created a few chances. However, their third goal came against the run of the play but it started with ANOTHER bad clearance and a miscue in the back on the cross. 3 - 2. Somehow, we managed to muster a few more attacks over the last 8- 10 minutes, despite being reduced to 10 men. I could tell Sikh Temple were not ready for this game like they were for the league games and it showed in their first half performance. I remember saying at half-time that they only way they were going to score on us was if we fcuked up mentally. We did and they punished us.

It was an entertaining game for the fans but it was very disappointing to lose the way we did. Congrats to STemple on the victory and good luck in your next game.

PS. and to the fcukers who wanted Peg not to win another game after I transfered, you can go fcuk yourselves now

Who are you talking about? I know that no one on our club cares whether you win a game or not. BTW, you didn't win a game. You tied. You won on penalties, which is obviously more than we did. Maybe you can tell everyone who the fcukers were so I can tell them to fcuk themselves too.

Good luck to all the teams in the next round, even Pegasus. :rolleyes:

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment of the game. Since Clan won promotion we've pretty much took the "let's just have some fun" approach to soccer. We've trained just once in the last three weeks.
Today we came out flat and Club I jumped all over us. Second half saw some good sustained pressure and opportunistic finishing by Temple to salvage the win.
Congrats on a good season to Club I. Their size and pace (excluding Captain;)) make them a tough team to match up with.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Yowen and others on the victory. Three pretty exiciting matches played between our sides this year. Good luck in the next round.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 5-0

Note to Africa-tina:

Show up to the game before 2pm, get a warm-up, and you actually might have a chance to win a game or two.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurini

Funny thing was that Africa-tina showed up to Adanac looking for the rest of the team the must have missed the memo that the game got moved.

Cheers
JB

whydidtheintergamegetmovedadanacwestisingoodshape?

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini

Africatina's coach or trainer showed up at Adanac at about 1:40 with their uniforms. We had to tell him that the game had been moved to South Memorial.

Shambles:rolleyes:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STemple 3 Club I 2

I remember saying at half-time that they only way they were going to score on us was if we fcuked up mentally. We did and they punished us.

That could not be more true. A dominating 1st half, followed up by a terrible 2nd half, full of mental errors which cost us. Mental breakdowns by certain individuals, including myself lead to our desime. Credit to a ST squad that never stopped hussling.

A major disappointment for myself and Club I, with both of our teams in CUP play eliminated in the first round.:mad:

Champ

-Champwhobeleivesheshould&couldofdonebettertoday:mad:

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OUCH!!

My sympathies to AC Milan who were screwed.......twice!

But the bigger question is HOW THE FCUK DO AZZI HIS POSSE HAVE A SERBIAN LINESMAN DOING A SERBIAN CUP GAME????????????

:confused:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Full Marks to Capatals CATs, they battled, but VS 10

Originally posted by Hands of Stone

I love the CUP, anything can happen, look at the teams who are finished in Feb., what do Milan , Croatia, Toons, and Trollers have to play for now.

HOS:cool:

....winning the derby.

Inter - AC Last game of the year....

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson
HOS's assessment of our chances may be a bit premature with nine points still left to play for, and every team ahead of us in the standings still alive in Imperial.

One spot will more than likely be filled by the loser of BBY-Inter ...

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dizou

My sympathies to AC Milan who were screwed

You have got to be joking! I am sorry but Serbia is horrible. They are a team that could still get relegated to Div 2 and they've only been able to win four games in Div 1. I've seen Serbia paly twice this year and it was an achievement for them to get the ball over centre.

AC Milan (still in premier:rolleyes: ) got screwed? For a team supposedly competeing in the Premier Division I would have to say that is one of the most embarrasing results ever.

The worst part is the linseman is being blamed :rolleyes: The game should NEVER have been close.

Sandman

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: ACM

Originally posted by The Apprentice

This is a great draw for ACM. They are a better team then both of those other two(Bimini's and Serbia). Milan does not play the most attractive soccer but they have alot of guys who have skill and work just as hard as any other team in the premier. If they can get their full squad healthy, I gaurantee they will make it to the third round and might even pull of an upset beyond that.:rolleyes:

Dear Boy....

after the season Milan has had, you should know better than to guarantee wins for them.

Could be the Appy jinx?:confused: :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They should be relegated on yesterday’s performance alone. Watching that game it was sick to think one team is in the premier and one use to be.

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't referring to AC Milan's season, i definitely agree with you that they should be relegated, however, i was referring to yesterday's game only. Can you imagine if you guys showed up to a cup game and a Croat (CDK for example) was the linesman?
There would have been chaos!.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks matches.

Game 15: Westside Rino vs Metro-Ford Wolves , Sunday, at Hillcrest Centre, at 2 pm

Game 16: Serbian White Eagles :eek: vs WFC Bimini's, Sunday, at Hillcrest East, at 2 pm

Game 17: Sporting Club vs Sikh Temple, Sunday, at Adanac East, at 2 pm

Game 18: Sapperton Rovers vs Richmond United, Saturday, at Mercer Stadium, at 2 pm

Game 19: Pegasus FC vs PCOV, Sunday, at Kinsman Stadium, at 2 pm

Game 20: Surrey United vs Indo FC, Saturday, at Cloverdale Athletic, at 2 pm

Game 21: ICSF Inter vs Burnaby Canadians, Sunday, at Adanac West, at 2 pm

Game 22: Firefighters vs Khalsa 96ers, Sunday, at Hastings Bowl North, at 2 pm

See you Saturday Sandman. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0