Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2003

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excellent site shows:

Sapperton 3
Vancouver Olympics 1

Capitals 2
Norvan 0

~Regs.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBY 2 NO Van 0

It was a controlled chaos match at Riverside today. The boys in blue were never in danger of being scored upon...but that being said, the goals were hard to come by! Many chances were created, but the 9-man stack in the box was similar to the Berlin Wall! Finishing our chance became a challenge that was finally broken in the 75th minute.

The game over all was difficult to watch, as the field conditions were suspect making it difficult to create any creative football. But a result is a result and we move onto the second round! Bring on the Sopranos!

~Nottywhoneedmorebeer!:wa: :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - ACM 1

This game was hard on the eyes, Milan had most of the play but missed a ton of chances. It looked like they had tied it up late in the 2nd but the linesman made a clear mistake and the goal was called back due to an offside.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3 - Lobbans 0

To say the least the release we expected just not the score line that we wanted but want can you say. Uneventful game some goalmouth scrambles for us, but give lobbans credit they played the best they could. We must pick our game up for next weeks match.

Cheers
JB

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple/Club I

Final score...Temple 3 Club I 2
I'll leave the details to Yowen...Hard Ballz and Co.

Nice to meet Walks by the way...good job...

And Capt.Shamrock gots a mean left foot....

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa 4 BBY B 3

In there first ever Imperial Cup game Khalsa came out....................................with 9 men. Your truely came 20 minutes in and we played the game with 10. Khalsa scored first and then BBY B replied with 2 goals. Khalsa then scored two after that and BBY scored one late.

A very good effort from the team........Some guy on Khalsa wearing #2 KT (that is my #) but he stole it for this game had a great game in the midfield . Marcello and Jay S also had great games with Marcello scoring 3 goals (this guy is a finisher)

Khalsa had 3 players suspended and three other players injured.

Khalsa will take the win and move on (hopefully with 11 players) next week

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 0
Sportstown 0

We won on PKs, not missing one while they hit the post and Perry saved a dribbler right to him.

A right mucking game really and we were under the gun after about 10 into the second half when a huge dodgy red was given to one of our strikers... I know the ref lurks here... that was fcuking ridiculous :mad:

Anyways, Sportstown had numerous chances after that as we tried to just absorb the pressure put on by these fit young fcuks :rolleyes:

Jarvie had the best chance to end it in OT but his screamer hit the bar and out.

On to PCOV...

~Regs.

PS. and to the fcukers who wanted Peg not to win another game after I transfered, you can go fcuk yourselves now :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 3 - Olympics 1

Sap had 12 players on the day (sub was backup keeper). Olys scored 25 minutes in and had Sap a little pissed off after the goal scorer decided to wipe his brow sweat on our corner flag. Sap scored 2 goals in 1 1/2 minutes into the 2nd half, and a third 5 minutes later to seal the deal.

Favs started it all with a rocket from 15 yards out on a goal mouth scramble. Super sub, Adamo Artuso, scored a wicked volley over his right shoulder from 6 yards out, and then set up Kent on a great header to finish the Div 1 side off.

On to a tough RUFC squad.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full results from today:

Croatia SC “A” 0
Surrey United “A” 1

Westside Rino 5
Hagar’s “A” 0

Deep Cove Royals 0
Metro-Ford Wolves 'A' 3

Serbian White Eagles 2
AC Milan 1

Sporting Club “A” 3
Grandview Lobbans “A” 0

Sikh Temple “A” 3
Club Ireland 2

Pegasus FC 1 PKs
Sports Town “A” 0

Indo FC “A” 2 OT
Clan Alumni 1

ICSF Inter “A” 5
Argentina Athletics 0

West Van Legion 1
Firefighters “A” 2 OT

Burnaby Canadians “B” 3
Khalsa 96ers “A” 4

I guess you could say there were 2 upsets with the Serbia and Firemen results...

~Regs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A violent take down

Regs,

Jose Branco, perhaps?

I got 3 games for my "violent takedown" on Clarke.....:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope... not Jose

It was at best a yellow for a 'hip check' in the corner of the field (Steads backed into the opposing player as he tried to hit it up the line)... there was worse on the day, none of which warranted a red either :rolleyes:

~Regs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 2 - Clan 1 (OT)

Let me be the first to congratulate Sandy for a job well done.

A really good game at McNair with Premier pace. Clan went up in the first half. Indo replied early in the 2nd. The 2nd half was a great display of intensity and Premier style soccer. Clan should had won this game in regulation. Clan missed 2 golden chances (1 an empty net shot wide) and various other clear chances in the 2nd half.
Indo controlled the overtime; a beautiful move to allude the Clan defender in the box allowed the Indo forward to neatly finish his chance and Clan's unrealistic hopes of a BC berth.

Indo's defence was run ragged by the Clan forwards....I don't know why Indo played a 3 - 5 - 2 all day....it almost cost them.

Great game.....

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fireman 2-1 OT

Tough game... full credits to West Van... tough to say that either team dominated, but at times both did. Trollers hit post against the grain of play with 10 min to go. It seemed to inspire us and we scored with 10 min left in 2nd Overtime. On to Khalsa... more things to prove. Fireman felt some redemption in beating Trollers, the team that put them into First Div 2 years ago.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full Marks to Capatals CATs, they battled, but VS 10

Originally posted by cside17
A side note.

Azzi and Tremarco are wankers!!

First, Might Khalsa was far from Mighty on Sunday with 4 suspensions for the 1st Round of Imperial. Hey, you deal with that, no complaints, but one of the suspensions was from the 2001/2002 season, that Azzi faxed over on Thursday before the match, for Harp.
Why does the suspension get discovered now, after we have played 17 games, OK, its because we are sitting on 3 suspensions allready. Funny, what happens when MF are after a Provincial Spot:eek: .

Well here is the story for Sunday Afternoon at the Turf.

Khalsa started with 9 men, 5 are regulars and 4 regularly play with the CAT team, but that's what makes CUP soooo much fun.

We, well Marcello, scored first, right after AnkleBreaker arrived after coming late, on a magic chip. CapsCat battled back and scored a cracker off a header and then a deflection off a cross. We managed to tie it late in the first half, to go 2-2 into the break. Asst. to HOS on the Second goal, but who counts assists?

We came out flying in the second half and went up 3-2, and then 4-2 on a keeper mistake, he droped a cross right to one of our young guns. But CapsCat scored the third goal on the free kick at the top the 18, that went into the far corner over the wall:mad: . Burnaby battled hard to the end, but came up short on the day.
HOS is very happy with the first round draw, with all the missing players that we had. Now onto Fireman, who I can't wait to play, I love those guys they are all so modest.

Full marks to a Burnaby Cat team that came to play, and that have some very good players, by the way they are the only CAT team with Balls enough to enter the Cup.
But, I heard they entered the Cup for the chance at the 1st Team, who they don't have a very good relationship with, too bad they couldn't have meet, that would have been a cracker.
There are alot of good players with that CAT team that will be available in the summer frmm what I have heard, but thats local soccer.

I love the CUP, anything can happen, look at the teams who are finished in Feb., what do Milan, Croatia, Toons, and Trollers have to play for now.

HOS:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey won the muckers battle today at Hillcrest. There was zero amounts of sexy football played just lots of 50 - 50's and lots of hard work by both sides. I'll give Croatia credit though, they were playing like it was their last game EVER. Tons of hard work and lots of passion. If they had played half as hard as that all year they wouldn't be going to Div.1 It's a shame.

That being said. :D 1- nil... 1-nil... 1 nil... 1 nil... CDK, I'll need until about Thursday to sort out you new avatar. Rest assured It'll be a cracker. Trust me. :D

BTW, to the 500 hundred screaming gypsies on the side lines who influenced the referee more than a fair share. Unlucky. Maybe next time.Plonkers.

Offformorebeer.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
catchy

more beer more beer more beer
more beer more beer more bee-er:wa:

westside knows that song. GET A REAL BEERMAN:rolleyes:

NICE TO LEAVE HILLCREST WITH A CLEAN SHEET!
top marks to the croats for a hard fought game,
having won the cup in the past, they have some
awefully big shorts to fill, :) snicker:(

more beer..............:wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0