Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2002

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United "A" vs. Deep Cove - Surrey United are a bunch of knee droppin, deep throat swallowing wankers who have never won a Cup or the league. I don't see that changing even if they do win this one. Surrey U win, 2-0

Club Ireland vs. Westside Biminis - Can the Captain lead his team to a remarkable upset in the Imperial Cup? I say, no he can't. Biminis win, 3-0

ICSF Inter vs. Norburn - This could turn out to be a great game. Lots of goals, lots of bets made, lots of lerb....Inter win, 4-3

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Place to Be

Adanac Park on Saturday around 2ish.

Watch a great game between BCFC and the Rovers on one pitch and on the other,
Who has the drunkest fans between P 96ers and Croat B.

Word of advice for Croat fan, don't heckle Ivor during the game, he might snap:eek: .

HOSlookingforwardtoweekendatAdanac

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 and out

KKClan 4 ST 0

In defense, we did have a fair share of the possession but obviously that doesn't mean shite. Clan's last third of the field was virtually impenetrable(sp?). They're the best team not in premier by a mile. Word of advice to premier teams, if you end up playing them don't take them lightly cause they're more than capable of pulling off an upset. We've played them twice in the last few days and Kindel has been invisible both times. Don't know why just thought I'd mention it.

Yowen

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Invisable Man

Kindel is a great player, but I think, come the Spring he starts to think of the Whitecaps and not getting hurt before the start of A-league.

I guess there are two ways to look at this, one he is looking out for the nice contract he will get from Stadnyc, or the other that he might be letting down his winter team if and when he pulls out of some tackles.

HOSwantstohearothersopinionsonCapPlayers

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imperial prediction

Croats will lose because their large abnormal heeds will be too heavy to hold up for 90mins... and that sillyrabbit cnut won't be anywhere in sight when (whoever he supports):rolleyes: get drilled !!!;)

Guinnesscan'tunderstandwhypeoplearesoojealousofSurreyU???

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cap Players

HOS:

You may have a valid point about players having to worry about their Whitecap commitments if they get hurt playing off season with VMSL teams. I am not sure the Coach of the Caps doing the line up card or selecting the team would be impressed by a guy screwing up their side in VMSL play. Probably no more than we like a guy getting hurt playing indoor Wed. night for some pick up team and then telling us he can't play our game on the weekend and he's say a team stalwart. I know as a coach, I don't endorse all this other shite playing- especially when the fcuker then says he's hurt (and these pricks from my team know who they are if they read this!!).

There are times and - let's face it - certain players in Premier who go into tackles in a pretty rough way and - in my view- often unnecessarily. To me there is nothing better than well-played soccer the essence of which is passing and ball control and ultimately scoring more than the other team.

The other crap like really cheap tackles that may or may not be intended to take the guy out (hurt the guy) are part of the Premier game - at times- but really don't help to exhibit the skill of the players. I can just see guys getting real pissed with this comment but for me - my personal opinion - I prefer teams that play good soccer and leave the other shite like taking advantage of crunching a guy right out.

I can't say if some guys with Cap commitments think twice about getting hurt or not - I doubt that it is the biggest thought in their minds unless they have been plagued by injuries in the past and have to be a bit careful even if it were a Cap game.

What I can say from having active professional football players like Lui Passaglia and Don Taylor on my teams in the past that while they play hard, they understand that soccer was for them only a past-time and getting hurt was hardly the right thing for them to do. So they didn't do anything dumb but no one would look at them and say they weren't contributing. On the other hand, a couple of Maple Ridge guys playing summer ball here while toiling in the Scottish leagues in winter do avoid tough play at all costs, but that is summer.

My only other point on this is that the difference in quality between the top Premier teams and the Caps is probably not that great. There are some top players and good teams in Premier and this year, some more in Div. 1. So if a guy appears to be invisible, it just may be the quality of the teams they are playing as a significant factor.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't Play, If Scared of Injuries

You are going to get hurt anyway, if you play with the thought of trying not to get tackled.

It is a tough situation, because players try to stay sharp for their pro season, but then they risk the injury sitation.

Look at Franksy, he played in a summer tourney, he got hurt and screwed himself for the winter season in Scotland.

Thats why he will probably be with the Caps this season.

I hope he can still get back to playing in Europe.

HOS

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI Kindel was sick last night and went home to bed at halftime. He was too sick too even stay and find out the final result.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos

And you are a coach with Snapertons???:rolleyes:
There are times and - let's face it - certain players in Premier who go into tackles in a pretty rough way and - in my view- often unnecessarily. To me there is nothing better than well-played soccer the essence of which is passing and ball control and ultimately scoring more than the other team.
I hear the Toons will be looking for a new coach when Fonseca gets involved with the Caps... we all know they think they can play football:rolleyes:

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the Record....

Fonseca will be staying with the Team until the end of the year.

I think we have proved we can play by now?

We won't be happy until we win something though!!! We've got a HUGE game this weekend so it should be interesting.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus DAMN FCUKING RIGHT you have a BIG game this weekend. Your game can give me free beer that I'll gladly share with you at my next party:D :D .
Jimmy and Regs we're still on with this bet right??? I'll have a case of Canadian and a case of Heiney's.You 2 can discuss which 1 will buy which;)

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright RB! As if I needed extra incentive besides beeting the Croats and putting an end to their mighty "Undefeated Streak"

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Weekends Matches

Regs

Have all the times and locations for this weekend been set, or is there a chance of a change with the Gold Medal Game at 12 noon on Sunday.

We should maybe start-up the predictions also.

HOShopesheplaysonSat.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excellent site shows that all but one Imperial Cup games are on Sunday right now (and the one game is between Clan and Bimini's).

Note that the league has been known to change things without notifying the players during the week (hint: if the league isn't gonna make the excellent site look good at least give some good web services like a fcuking newsletter/update email notice subscription feature).

~TBwhoknowshoweasyitistosetupwebserviceswithminimalfuss.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deep Cove

Surrey United (10 men) 6 DCR 2
To all teams in Div. 1 (ie) Firemen, Clan, 96ers...Pppplease don't allow those muckers to get promoted!!! The Premier league doesn't need to get dyluted anymore!!! :eek:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegasus FC
Rino’s Westside
Kinsman Std.
Sunday/2.00pm - Tough pick but, I think I took Peg to win this one in IMP CUP POOL so I'll say that the Cnuts from Peg are just a bit better than the Cnuts from Westside. The Westside players all look like they've gained 10 pounds since last year.... Peg win, 1-0

Croatia SC “A”
Pegasus Olys.
Adanac East
Sunday/2.00pm - This should be a slaughter. Croatia A win, 6762-0

Bby. Canadians “A”
Indo FC “A”
TBA
Sunday/2.00pm - BCFC are just one of those teams that never seem to accomplish anything. Indo have won the Imperial Cup before so, they may have an edge in this game despite the poor early season form they've shown. Indo win, 3-1

Surrey Utd. “A”
AC Milan
Cloverdale Athls.
Sunday/2.00pm - Surrey United really do think they have a really good team. It's quite funny actually. Anyway, a Premier side should always be able handle a a div 1 side.....this should be no different except that I'm going to pick this one as the colossal upset of the Imperial Cup. Though it may hurt my Pool picks.... ACI-ties win, 2-1

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan Alumni 3 vs WFC Biminis 0 (Clan tooooooooo strong for the Biminis. The score actually closer than it should be)

BBY 3 vs Indo 2 ( Golden goal scored by David Morris)

Slurrey 3 vs ACM 1 (TA with the loan goal for the I-Ties but Surrey will put them away early. TA prove me wrong, because it would be nice to see an upset here.)

96ers 2 vs Trolls 3 (The first game to go into a shootout. Sensei I think I tought you well in a shootout so dont let me down:p :D :p . A very very very chippy game with both teams finishing with 9 men each)

Inter 2 vs Wolves 1 ( Inter has been coming on as of late and MF hasnt been playing up to there potential)

Peg 4 vs Westside 2 ( My MOTW by far. Both teams come out flying but forget there defensive responsibilities. Peg to capitalize more of there chances)

Croats 4 vs Peg Olys 1 ( Do i have to say anything more :confused: :confused: )

Sporting 3 vs MF 0 ( We have been playing well as of late and I hope we can carry it on through the next couple of weeks)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0