Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2002

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Since I now have no affiliation with any of you bastards, or your teams, I can make my predictions.

Surrey United "A" vs. Deep Cove - Deep Cove have bigger fish to fry with their race for promotion. Why bother getting into a mudslinging contest with a bunch of bigger (and better) mudslingers? Lie down, play some reserves, take the loss. That's what'll happen, anyways.Surrey United win 4-1

Van Olys "A" vs. AC Milan - Italians v. Greeks. Battle of the body hair. Other than thick clusters of follicles, these two teams aren't evenly matched...Milan will surprise some teams in their cup run. And this will be the start.Milan wins, 3-buzz

Croatia "B" vs. Pacific 96ers - This will be worth watching. Croatia usually has lots of fans in attendance; the 96ers usually have fans with lots of guns/shanks/brown bags of liquor in attendance. 96ers are a talented team, probably more talented than Croatia A's cast-offs. But it will be close. 96ers 4, Croatia 2

PCOV vs. West Van Trollers - PCOV still exist? I thought they went away and died after that foray into premier. Anyways, even though the Trolls play some fugly (that's not a typo) football, it'll look like Holland circa '74 compared to PCOV's efforts. Trollups in a rout, 5-1

Sapperton Rovers "A" vs. Burnaby Canadians "A" - I still don't understand why a div.3 team (Metro-Ford United) can play a div.1 team (Norvan) in the first round, yet these two premier teams have to kick each other to get through. I hear Millar will sign Fozzie to neutralize Wevers (that's what, 100 yards at all times?)...hahah....yeah right. Rovers will win, let's say 1-1, with Rovers taking it in PKs

Indo FC "A" vs. Western Union Polska - Love those ethnic battles. I also love the fact that Polska is sponsored by Western "Its only three bucks on a hun, and its open late" Union. Does this game even matter? The winner will get pummled next round anyways....but Indo is a div.1 team, a full division ahead of Polska. So Indo wins, 2-1

ICSF Inter vs. Norburn - The only two things these teams have in common is that some of them used to roll together at various Burnaby high schools. Peg went and stole Celebrini, probably the only guy who could put up a fight against the mighty 46-man Inter squad. Too eeeaaazzyyy....Inter 4, Norburn 0

MF Wolves vs. Serbian White Eagles - Gee, who could have guessed Serbia would be the worst premier team this side of FC Tempo? This will be just another nail in the coffin for the Serbs, denying us all of another epic battle with Croatia in the later rounds.Wolves maul eagles....6-1

Pegasus vs. Argentina - Pegasus (aka where former professionals go to die) shouldn't lose another game this year with the talent they have at their disposal. But when you have 25 guys who could start on any team in the league, there's bound to be internal strife...not like it matters against the slumping Argies. Peg wins, 2-nil

Firefighters "A" vs. Westside "A" - Oh, how the mighty have fallen. A few years ago, this would have been a cracker of a first-round game. Now, its Westside versus Firemen. Firefighters will get killed, but as long as Aaron Keay gets his mandatory three megs, he'll walk away a happy camper.Westside 5 Firefighers 2

Sikh Temple "A" vs. Clan Alumni - The Klan versus The Sikhs. Man I love this league. All racial powerkegs aside, this Imperial Cup could be Alumni's lone chance of playing premier competition in the year 2002. Methinks they won't blow it. KKClan wins, 3-buzz

Club Ireland vs. Westside Biminis - Had this game taken place last season, I'd have picked Westside in a romp. But what a difference a year makes. The return of Stephen "Tha Green Chocolate Gambla" Burns to Club I colors, and Biminis poor form this season (weren't they supposed to get promoted last year?) could make this a close match. Heck, I'll take the upset. 2-2 after regulation, Club I wins in OT or Penos

Sportstown "A" vs. Croatia "A" - Tough break that these two have to face one another in the first round. This game isn't about the two teams anyways....its about individual matchups, like Zeus vs. Bronco, Clash of the Titans and Sulentic v. Jordan, Battle of the Inflated Egos. Oh, the drama. After a 1-1 regulation draw, Toontown in PKs

Sapperton Rovers "B" vs. Peg Olys - Sapperton inherited the Clan Alumni of old and taught them how to kick people. Now they're winning games in the CAT league. Its the feel good story of the season. Peg Olys have been around for a while, but never really got over the loss of Fastshow...but really, have any of us? I'll give the win to Peg 'coz Mario is the best keeper not in Premier (besides myself. Ha) Peg wins, 3-2

Richmond Utd "A" vs. Sporting Vancouver "A" - Richmond always do well in Imperial Cup, don't they? They did well last year. Sadly, I think they're missing too many pieces from that dynasty to do much of the same this time around. And I think Sporting are starting to realize that 12 points 'aint gonna get them a Provincial Cup spot. They've got a nice draw and they really should capitalize. Still, it'll be close - Sporting 2, Richmond 1

Metro-Ford United vs. Norvan SC "A" - The bogus game of the first round. I guess Metro-Ford hadn't won anything as a club for a season or two, so they put this team into div.3 to thrash the opposition, making Will Azzi smile in the process (yeah, yeah, I don't wanna hear why you actually entered div.3, I don't care). Having played against a few of the young guys who line up for Norvan, I can say that any div.3 team has a good chance of getting a result. And its Metro-Ford. United wins, 3-1

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddy

Three bucs on a hun is Money Mart not western union get it straight ok.

Must learn that at Langara???

friedbread

Jan 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polish Western Union

Fastest Way to Get Three Bucks on A Hun., anywhere in the US.

Is Western Union a Polish Bank?

Mabey we could get a good deal on the Canadian Exchange.

HOShavingfunbecauseofPOLISHteammates:p

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
apologies

Yeah, all post-secondary institutions teach "Annoyingly Repetitive Commercials 101" in their curriculum nowadays. Sadly, I never enrolled.

I've you can pick up similar knowledge by watching television at North America Sports all day. Or is it North American? I must know...and I know you're good for a response.

Waiting patiently,
-Sensei.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad!!!

You wish you could watch soccer all day. Anyways there goes your discount buddy!!!!

BTW North AmericA, I shouldnt say to much regs might think I am advertising.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well looks like the schedule is ready for the Imperial Cup here it is

PRELIMINARY ROUND—2001-02-15/17

Game 1: Surrey United ‘A’ vs Deep Cove Royals at Cloverdale Park, Sunday, 2002-02-17 at 2 pm

Game 2: Vancouver Olympics ‘A’ vs AC Milan at Hillcrest Park East, Saturday, 2002-02-16 at 2 pm

Game 3: Croatia SC ‘B’ vs Pacific 96ers at Adanac Park East, Saturday, 2002-02-16 at 2 pm

Game 4: PCOV vs West Van Trollers at South Memorial Park NE, Saturday, 2002-02-16 at 2 pm

Game 5: Sapperton Rovers ‘A’ vs Burnaby Canadians ‘A’ at Adanac West, Saturday, 2002-02-16 at 2 pm

Game 6: Indo FC ‘A’ vs Western Union Polska at McNair School, Saturday, 2002-02-16 at 2 pm

Game 7: ICSF Inter vs Norburn FC at Adanac Park West, Sunday, 2002-02-17 at 2 pm

Game 8: Metro-Ford Wolves vs Serbian White Eagles ‘A’ at Mundy #4, Friday, 2002-02-15 at 7:30 pm

Game 9: Pegasus FC vs Argentina Athletics at Kinsman Stadium, Sunday, 2002-02-17 at 2 pm

Game 10: Firefighters ‘A’ vs Rino's Westside ‘A’ at South Memorial NE, Sunday, 2002-02-17 at 2 pm

Game 11: Sikh Temple ‘A’ vs Clan Alumni at Hillcrest Park East, Sunday, 2002-02-17 at 2 pm

Game 12: Club Ireland vs WFC Bimini’s at McNair School, Saturday, 2002-02-16 at 12 noon

Game 13: SportsTown FC ‘A’ vs Croatia SC ‘A’ at McNair School, Sunday, 2002-02-17 at 2 pm

Game 14: Sapperton Rovers ‘B’ vs Peg-Olys at Central Park, Sunday, 2002-02-17 at 12 noon

Game 15: Richmond United ‘A’ vs Sporting Club ‘A’ at Minoru Park #3, Friday, 2002-02-15 at 8 pm

Game 16: Metro-Ford United vs Norvan SC ‘A’ at Mackin Park, Saturday, 2002-02-16 at 2 pm

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets hope the VMSL doesn't go and schedule a Canadian referee to the Sporting-Richmond Utd match. Coz I hear Richmond is full of them damn maple-leaf wearing, Labatt-drinking, nations-cup fixing Canucks. All of them stinkin' Canadians stick up for one another...there's no telling what could happen.

Do we have any Swedish officials? They're always neutral.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia "B" vs. Pacific 96ers - Croatia B has a lot to prove after last years dabacle. This years team has more experienced players and have been playing better opposition, so they will put up a better effort this year. Croatia B win, 3-0

Pegasus vs. Argentina - Pegasus (aka where former semi-professionals go to die) looked very weak in the last 20 minutes against Croatia A. They were very lucky to come out of that game with a draw. Argentina is no Croatia A. Peg win, 1-0

Sportstown "A" vs. Croatia "A" - Toons have yet to prove anything in Premier since they bought there spot a few years ago. Croatia A has a proud tradition in the Imperial Cup, winning it 3 consecutive years in '96, '97 and '98. Croatia A win, 54-0

More predictions to come in the next week or so...

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for the Record...........

Sportstown NEVER bought there spot in Premier. We used to be
UBC JV but the team sponsor decided not to stay with the team after we won 1st division. So we had to find a new sponsor and Sportstown took us in.

The team is the same as the UBC JV team with a couple new players.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman spot on......

Off topic, but spot on.

Imperial cup 2002 love it, talk about it because your both not going to win it!

KNVB

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman

Sorry but Zues is right they didn't buy their spot they earned it.

Knvb

sorry to be off topic

cheers
JB

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going to wait for the cup pool to give my predictions but why wait
.Surrey United ‘A’ vs Deep Cove Royals (3-1 Surrey. Deep Cove looks good but i just dont see them beating the whores from slurrey)

Vancouver Olympics ‘A’ vs AC Milan ( 2-1 Milan. They've had there number all year and I dont see it changing either)

Croatia SC ‘B’ vs Pacific 96ers (4-0 96ers. Croatia B will cross center once)

PCOV vs West Van Trollers(3-0 Trolls. I would like to go with fellow Pork Chops but they're all WOPS who play for them)

Sapperton Rovers ‘A’ vs Burnaby Canadians ‘A’(0-0 BBY to win in a SO. BBY can pack the box well and Miller can control Hearnsey in the air)

Indo FC ‘A’ vs Western Union Polska (3-0 Indo.Polska is the shites so this is a no brainer, so ya KNVB can even answer this 1:p)

ICSF Inter vs Norburn (3-1 Inter. The battle of the wops and the premier wops will take win it)

Metro-Ford Wolves vs Serbian White Eagles ‘A’(4-0 MF. Another no brainer)

Pegasus FC vs Argentina Athletics (2-0 Oldies. These 2 teams play each other 2 weeks in a row. Oldies win both games)

Firefighters ‘A’ vs Rino's Westside ‘A’ (1-1, Westside to win in a SO.)

Sikh Temple ‘A’ vs Clan Alumni (4-1 Clan. Sikh's 1 goal on 1 shot the rest of the game dominated by the Clan)

: Club Ireland vs WFC Bimini’s (2-0 Club I. The Captain leads his youngsters by example and slots home the winner)

SportsTown FC ‘A’ vs Croatia SC ‘A’ (2-1 Toons. Croatia scores late to give the toons a scare but they pack the box and hold on, while i celebrate 2 cases which i will get from Jimmy and Regs)

Sapperton Rovers ‘B’ vs Peg-Olys (1-0 Olys who really gives a fcuk. I haven't seen either team play but i do know Olys have Mario and he's a great keeper)

Richmond United ‘A’ vs Sporting Club ‘A’ (3-1 Sporting. Animal I hope you are back for this one b/c if you aren't the game might be a little closer :p)

Metro-Ford United vs Norvan SC ‘A’ (2-0 MF. again I haven't seen either team play so this 1 is a totall guess)

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just looking on the great web site and it looks like they changed some games around. I dont know what teams have been changed all I do know is that ours has been changed from Friday night to Sunday at King George.. Can the league ever make up there fcuking minds:confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0