Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just returned from the South Fraser Meeting. Costs will not be anywhere near $2500. Finally a franchise willing to keep the costs down for the parents. The Sept-Nov 2011 cost will be $1075. March-Nov2012 costs will be $1300-$1500. And looking for sponsors on top of this to keep the costs down. If one franchise can do it then they all can do it. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1075 + $1500 = $2575 Very creative indeed. :rolleyes:

Since the Sept-Nov is a 'Pre-season', these same players will still be playing $2500. Let's not kid ourselves. BTW, Sponsorship would be massive for these franchises......as long as the money goes to keep the cost for the kids down......not filling the pockets of others involved with the franchises. Just a thought

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was also adding the 2 together until they explained it better. The $1075 is a one time thing for the mini season. After that the regular season, that runs from Mar-Nov starting in 2012, will be only $1300 for the season. It is broken up like that because after the mini season they are releasing the players after Nov 2011 and there will be another tryout before the new 2012 season begins. If there are new players added to the roster in Mar 2012 the new players will pay $1300 + $285 for player kit). The returning players from 2011 will only pay $1300. The talk was that if they can get sponsors then they will bring the cost down to the players. The $1300 was the high side.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So for the 2013 season, it will be no more than $1300 if no sponsors come forth. Right? If so, that would appear on the surface to be more reasonable. :)

lll

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was also adding the 2 together until they explained it better. The $1075 is a one time thing for the mini season. After that the regular season, that runs from Mar-Nov starting in 2012, will be only $1300 for the season. It is broken up like that because after the mini season they are releasing the players after Nov 2011 and there will be another tryout before the new 2012 season begins. If there are new players added to the roster in Mar 2012 the new players will pay $1300 + $285 for player kit). The returning players from 2011 will only pay $1300. The talk was that if they can get sponsors then they will bring the cost down to the players. The $1300 was the high side.

#1 - Does this mean there will omly be a mini season in the first year? If there is a mini season every year the cost would probably be the same.
#2- Can you really see these teams,clubs or coaches having a 2 month summer break then a 3 month break Dec. to March with no practices or tournaments. If they're going to practice and/or enter tourneys, there will be added costs.
#3- The coaches that have been given jobs already or are rumored to be getting jobs are already coaching kids, so other than condensing the number of kids where's the benefit ?

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
#1 - Does this mean there will omly be a mini season in the first year? If there is a mini season every year the cost would probably be the same.
#2- Can you really see these teams,clubs or coaches having a 2 month summer break then a 3 month break Dec. to March with no practices or tournaments. If they're going to practice and/or enter tourneys, there will be added costs.
#3- The coaches that have been given jobs already or are rumored to be getting jobs are already coaching kids, so other than condensing the number of kids where's the benefit ?

#1. There will be a mini-season for all age groups this year only. After this year, there will only be a mini-season for incoming U12s who are tranistioning to U13. So that age group may,as you say, get hit with the $2500 price tag each year.

#2. The summer break is 4 weeks not 2 months and the winter break is December and part of January because in January, clubs need to ramp up for evaluations which will likely happen in February and other pre-season activities. So there is no 3 month break. Take a look here especially the last page which lays out the season.

#3. This is certainly a question that is being debated.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe oversimplifying but, the single step of narrowing the funnel alone and getting the "best" players together will be a benefit.

Now of course if your coaching is bad and TD is clueless and the organization is terrible then it may be all for not but....assuming the coaches are good to very good, and the organization does a good job to support, it IS an improvement and those players will see benefit.

On your respective Gold teams, if you could snap your fingers and replace your weakest 6-8 players and replace them with 6-8 who are as strong or stronger than your strongest, would you see benefit? I say yes.

In my experience these kids aren't just a bit more talented with the ball but almost as a rule they are more dedicated, focused and work harder....these are your A type kids.

As a result, my bet is it will benefit.

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Capt S in 2013 will be $1300 (or $1300 + $285 if they are new to the team-pays for kit). Parents should be asking their own franchises...why $2500 and then they need to see a budget.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, anyone know the reason why South Fraser chose ARSENAL as their name? :confused: Do they have some kind of affiliation because if not I can't see a reason for that? :confused:

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awhile ago when you'd google South Fraser Soccer Club you'd end up with:

South Surrey Arsenal FC
South Fraser Soccer Club.
Watch for New Web Site Launch Jan 2011.
southfrasersoccerclub.com/

Try googling "south surrey arsenal FC" and you still see the first hit is SFSC

Now just go to South Surrey Arsenal FC and see the nice logo.
MUFC, Arsenal, what's next???
I'd like to see someone go with Crawley Town, that's more like us....

Lord, give me patience....

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
interesting. Yeah, they didn't refer to themselves as Arsenal last night however there wasn't really any 'marketing' talk or anything like that so the name or presentation wasn't really emphasized at all.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope no one from Abby is reading and they leave my poor Botafogo alone. They can use Magpies though.
Heck, I have myself borrowed the Magpies name (when I coached in Poco) because I knew BF wouldn't ring a bell and no way I'd go with an Italian team name just cause I like my striped shirt.

Canadian Spur

Mar 4, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just returned from the South Fraser Meeting. Costs will not be anywhere near $2500. Finally a franchise willing to keep the costs down for the parents. The Sept-Nov 2011 cost will be $1075. March-Nov2012 costs will be $1300-$1500. And looking for sponsors on top of this to keep the costs down. If one franchise can do it then they all can do it. :)

$1075 for a 7 game pre-season!!!!! Sounds like some creative accounting to make their full season fee seem lower. I'd be surprised if the fee for the 2nd full season doesn't go up

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0